Now Fitbit watches are exploding

Ima Cat

Apr 6, 2017
This just in, people are being burned by the white hot ignition of Fitbit watches worn on their wrists. It seems most anything containing Lithium based batteries is subject to explode in a welding-torch-hot blaze--- from the occasional Tesla automobile to Samsung phones, and now Fitbits.

Little discussed fact: anything containing a lithium battery is a potential fire hazard aboard passenger aircraft, whether igniting accidentally or helped along by a terrorist.

This just in, people are being burned by the white hot ignition of Fitbit watches worn on their wrists. It seems most anything containing Lithium based batteries is subject to explode in a welding-torch-hot blaze--- from the occasional Tesla automobile to Samsung phones, and now Fitbits.

Little discussed fact: anything containing a lithium battery is a potential fire hazard aboard passenger aircraft, whether igniting accidentally or helped along by a terrorist.

same thing and does more for far less

One I got for my mother does blood pressure, fatigue, sleep, blood oxy and pulse for $15

I have an app that I don't even need a watch.

Angry little emoticons.... Why don't you simply Google it?

Because I am not so much curious about the news, I am curious as to which news sources folks are getting their information from.

Did this poster read several sources? Did they get their information from click bait? Did they get it from an engineering magazine? Is this story even worth my time to Google?

If they saw it in Buzzfeed, CNN, or Breitbart, I'm not going to be particularly concerned.

If they saw it over at The Atlantic, The New Yorker, CNET or The New York Review of Books, well, maybe I'll give it a little bit more time.

What's required is Personal contribution in the OP. Links and content are optional. HOWEVER -- it's courteous and BETTER to provide a source. Certainly if the story is REAL -- and you're interested in it -- it shouldn't be hard to find..

In the case of quoting someone from the news cycle --- links ARE required. Because the source is required to verify specifics.

Solved: Getting a rash? - Fitbit Community
Solved: Getting a rash? - Fitbit Community
If you are experiencing skin irritation while wearing your tracker, please remove ..... Fitbit products for about two years and have previously had both the Flex and .... your caloric burn by up to 50%, and can twist your back into unnatural ways.
Solved: Skin irritation with Charge HR - Fitbit Community
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Skin-irritation-with-Charge.../1032661
Solved: The Fitbit burned my wrist where the light is located on the underside of the Fitbit. Has anyone else experienced that? Moderator edit:
Solved: Charger HR Burning my wrist - Fitbit Community
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Charger-HR-Burning-my.../td.../989219
Oct 16, 2015 - Solved: After wearing my Charger HR for a couple of days theskin on my wrist is red and the skin peels off on spots from being burnt. Why is ...
Fitbit Still Plagued With Skin Irritation Complaints - Forbes
www.forbes.com/sites/paullamkin/.../fitbit-still-plagued-with-skin-irritation-complaints...
Apr 27, 2015 - Back in March 2014 Fitbit was forced to pull its flagship new fitness tracker – the ... after complaints that the device had caused seriousskin irritation issues. ... months and was supposed to be the high-profile successor to the Fitbit Flex, ... user base contains people suffering from rashes and burns, and LG ...
Fitbit Charge skin irritation complaints still plague company - Wareable
Fitbit Charge skin irritation complaints still plague company
Problems with skin irritation have come back to haunt Fitbit, with users of its new Charge device ... I have sores, like a burn, on my wrist where i wear the charge hr. ..... I had the Fitbit Flex for about 9 months before I started getting a rash.
Exclusive: Stunning discovery about Fitbit bands and mystery rashes ...
abc13.com/technology/possible-cause-of-fitbit-rashes-uncovered/760009/
May 29, 2015 - Exclusive: Possible cause of Fitbit rashes uncovered ... "The idea this was an irritant that would burn the skin makes sense to me," Reichelt said ...
Fitbit Causes Skin Damage, Consumers Claim - Law360
www.law360.com/articles/661041/fitbit-causes-skin-damage-consumers-claim
May 28, 2015 - Fitness tech maker Fitbit Inc. was hit with a complaint California state court ... have manufacturing defects that cause skin rashes,burns and nerve damage. ... injuries and reactions seen with the Fitbit Force and the Fitbit Flex.
Fitbit wearable device causes 'burn', 'deep tissue pain' claim users ...
www.dailytelegraph.com.au/.../fitbit...burn.../c799741444c0953e8512daaf326b629f
Mar 16, 2016 - A WOMAN who says a Fitbit burnt her wrist has been unable to get a refund ... admitted “a very limited number of users reporting skinirritation” ...
Fitbit Acknowledges Latest Devices Are Causing Rashes, Advises To ...
Fitbit Acknowledges Latest Devices Are Causing Rashes, Advises To “Give Your Wrist A Rest”...
... Your Wrist A Rest”. Posted Feb 11, 2015 by Matt Burns (@mjburnsy) ... @fitbit I thought the skin irritation issue was solved? I love the Surge, hate the rash.

I don't know much about these gadgets because I'm a technology retard. I MAY have been interested in this for my mom when I was taking care of her. But for just plain old regular folks feeling the need to keep abreast of their body functional it seems pretty self absorbed

I don't know much about these gadgets because I'm a technology retard. I MAY have been interested in this for my mom when I was taking care of her. But for just plain old regular folks feeling the need to keep abreast of their body functional it seems pretty self absorbed

The pressure of a blood pressure cuff around her arm was painful for her. The watch, the off brand I got her, can be used while she is sleeping and when she goes to PT.

The watch is easy to take out of band and charge.

Next thing will be a easy painless way to draw blood for testing. Waiting with anticipation for it to be sold openly.
Mother gets poked numerous times to find a vein and often in the middle they need to stop and find a new one. So sorry for her to go through that, and so often.

[QUOTE post: 17102988, member: 35553"]

The pressure of a blood pressure cuff around her arm was painful for her. The watch, the off brand I got her, can be used while she is sleeping and when she goes to PT.

The watch is easy to take out of band and charge.

Next thing will be a easy painless way to draw blood for testing. Waiting with anticipation for it to be sold openly.
Mother gets poked numerous times to find a vein and often in the middle they need to stop and find a new one. So sorry for her to go through that, and so often.[/QUOTE]

I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. Of course it makes sense in the situation you're in. Like I said... I took care of mama for years before one of her own troubles took her away from me and I would have loved to have one for her

Unless you live in a cave, you should have heard this story on major news outlets such as CNBC, a financial and business channel, or various ABC and NBC affiliates. Don't believe me, listen to the news or research it yourself by typing "exploding Fitbit watch" into the search window of GOOGLE, if you know how to do that. :asshole:

lol.

No TV.

I don't listen to radio much.

So yeah, I guess you could say, I live in a cave.

I am most interested in HOW folks are being mentally conditioned.

My education was in anthropology, philosophy, and political science.

Are you aware that your thoughts and ideas are not your own?

Forum List

Back