Powell: I didn't tell Hillary to setup a server

Colin Powell told Clinton he used private email at State
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he sent Hillary Clinton a memo touting his use of a personal email account after she took over his old job as the nation's top diplomat in 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Friday he once sent Hillary Clinton a memo touting his use of a personal email account for work-related messages after she took over as the nation's top diplomat in 2009.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Powell said he emailed Clinton describing his use of a personal AOL account for unclassified messages while leading the State Department under President George W. Bush. Powell, a Republican, said he told Clinton his use of personal email "vastly improved" communications within the department, which at the time did not have an equivalent internal system.

Powell said the FBI may have obtained a copy of his memo to Clinton during its year-long investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server to handle sensitive information during her time as secretary. The FBI closed its investigation last month without finding evidence to support criminal charges against the Democratic presidential nominee.

That's not from Clinton .. that's from Powell.

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell says he sent Hillary Clinton a memo touting his use of a personal email account after she took over his old job as the nation's top diplomat in 2009

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Friday he once sent Hillary Clinton a memo touting his use of a personal email account for work-related messages after she took over as the nation's top diplomat in 2009.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Powell said he emailed Clinton describing his use of a personal AOL account for unclassified messages while leading the State Department under President George W. Bush. Powell, a Republican, said he told Clinton his use of personal email "vastly improved" communications within the department, which at the time did not have an equivalent internal system.

Powell said the FBI may have obtained a copy of his memo to Clinton during its year-long investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server to handle sensitive information during her time as secretary. The FBI closed its investigation last month without finding evidence to support criminal charges against the Democratic presidential nominee.

i don't see any word spelled 'server' in there. did I miss it? That is the lie bubba. email 'server' here unless you can't spell. S E R V E R

i don't see any word spelled 'server' in there. did I miss it? That is the lie bubba. email 'server' here unless you can't spell. S E R V E R

It doesn't matter what you do or don't see .. I posted what he said about using private email.

It doesn't matter what you do or don't see .. I posted what he said about using private email.
it isn't the topic. so what?

Colin Powell just called hilly a liar thereby joining the rest of the developed world.

Powell should release the email that he sent her telling her that...

Wait, whats that? Powell deleted his emails? Well, thats ok...

That's not the core issue. Clinton set up a stand alone email server and sent and received State Dept email through it. You people are simply defending her because she's your choice and divorcing any and all logical concern for data security at rest ( storage) and in transit. Keep it up....you have no leg to stand.

it isn't the topic. so what?

So if you don't like my post .. kiss my ass. That's so what.

Obviously Powell and Clinton did have conversations about the use of private email. That's my point.

To what degree, I have no idea.

I don't know who's defending her, but several keep pointing out that her arrangement didn't violate any policy in place the time, let alone any laws.

Her detractors are not very objective.

In a statement provided to The Associated Press, Powell said he emailed Clinton describing his use of a personal AOL account for unclassified messages while leading the State Department under President George W. Bush.

If she'd used AOL for her wedding plan emails, and the State Department system for work, she wouldn't be in so much trouble now.

If she'd used AOL for her wedding plan emails, and the State Department system for work, she wouldn't be in so much trouble now.
I'm sure the mouth-breathers would have managed to fabricate some other fake scandal in its place. They've got that down to a rather imperfect science.

I'm sure the mouth-breathers would have managed to fabricate some other fake scandal in its place. They've got that down to a rather imperfect science.

Go suck a dick.....binders full of women was a fake ass scandal.....

Fake scandal? Why bother when she has so many real ones?

I listened to Powell's staff talk about how Powell does not recall any discussion with Hillary but how they did exchange an unclassified e-mail in which they talked about using an unclassified e-mail account.

At the time, the govt did not have an UNCLASS e-mail system, so he told Hillary he used AOL to communicate with others - UNCLASS. According to POWELL:

Powell NEVER sent anything but UNCLASS e-mails on AOL.

Powell NEVER had his own personal server at home to do business.

Powell NEVER advised Hillary to use her own server...even if he had, which he did not, he had no power to authorize Hillary to do so. Hillary did not have authority to use a server - her illegal, unauthorized unencrypted server which broke the law.

ONCE AGAIN, HILLARY HAS LIED!

Forum List

Back