Potential problems with Zimmerman Indictment

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by catzmeow, Apr 17, 2012.

1. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    It's a blog, but it has a good sampling of opinions from legal experts, and makes for interesting reading.

Two thoughts. First, our system of justice is not fair. I think most people will objectively acknowledge this. If Martin was accused of shooting Zimmerman, I don't doubt he'd have been in a jail cell on the evening of the incident.

Having said that, a defendent should not be railroaded legally for political purposes. And, I'm a little concerned that this may be happening to George Zimmerman.

Here's a fairly concise one, but there are more:

The Zimmerman Indictment: Reactions | The Agitator

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  2. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,417
    Our justice system isn't fair, but it's the fairest one in the world. I don't buy the bull shit that Martin would have been in jail if the situation was reversed.

Agreed.

Yeah, I hope it isn't just political posturing. We'll see when the evidence comes out.

3. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,508
    That was an interesting read. How right or wrong they are we'll find out down the road.

4. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    Actually, I would say that there are countries out there that are more effective at criminal justice than we are. And, I don't care what you buy. I work in the system. I suspect our experiences on a daily basis are vastly different.

Yes, we will. Something clearly happened, but it's far from definitive exactly what that something was.

5. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +183
    I guess I'm not as ignorant and as prejudiced as you. Every day, there are blacks who shoot in self defense and are not locked up. Do you think if the races were reversed, there'd be some public criticism of the white guy for assaulting the African?

I was surprised, given that there's no evidence against Zimmerman. But, if I had known/considered that the state prosecutor is an elected female, I would have expected charges. Refusing to charge Zimmerman would probably have cost her the next election (but, if the races were reversed, she'd be free to do the right thing).

Anything not leaked, like Trayvon's toxicology results, will only support Zimmerman.

6. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    The evidence hasn't been released, pillow biter.

More thread fail. I predict your stay here will be painful.

7. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +183
    In your dreams. My track record here is one of dishing out pain, while your side is unable to touch me. You're betting foolishly against the mountain of evidence that we already have.

8. catzmeow

catzmeow BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,923
    Yes, that explains the massive pile of public support you've accumulated.

9. Ariux

Ariux BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +183
    My goal in life isn't to win popularity contests, or to win the approval of idiots and a-holes. Besides, surrounding yourself with low-quality people keeps you away from high-quality people.

10. Liability

Liability Locked Account. Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,046
    First, a quibble, but a kind of a big one:

There is NO indictment.

The special prosecutor chose NOT to put the case before a Grand jury. A Grand Jury may indict,. A special prosecutor does not. She merely prefers charges via an "information."

We should not give the kind of dignity to a prosecutor's mere information that we would grant to the action of a Grand Jury.

Second point; with but a few (fairly minor) exceptions, none of us has SEEN any actual evidence. Taht being the case, I cannot imagine that any guesswork as to the ultimate outcome by any of us -- at least at this early juncture -- is worth diddly.