Posting prejudice as "fact"

Even legitimate sources are rejected, often for the most spurious reasons, when the information is not wanted/agreed with. It sometimes seems pointless to go throught the effort of finding legitimate sources when they are so often dismissed out of hand.

People on here post absolute rubbish as fact when there is nothing factual to back it up.

Why is that allowed ?

If you say, for example :

Unemployment has gone up in the last year.

Then you should be able to back it up with a link to some figures.

Why doesnt the message board insist on this ?

I think it would save a lot of time and possibly raise the standard of debate.
Because there's no way for any message board to enforce such a policy.

Besides, none of the conservative members would be able to participate if required to post only facts backed by evidence.
I cant see that it would be too difficult to enforce.

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion blurring the two allows the wicked to spread all manner of nonsense, much of which could be dangerous.
It would be impossible to enforce; there are not enough mods to monitor every thread and every post.
Could they not do it by exception ? When posts are reported ?

People on here post absolute rubbish as fact when there is nothing factual to back it up.

Why is that allowed ?

Partisans are liars.

They distort and ignore and avoid and make up all kinds of things all the time.

Both ends. They have no credibility. And most certainly, not just on message boards.
Hyperbolic nonsense.

Why is that allowed ?

Besides, none of the conservative members would be able to participate if required to post only facts backed by evidence.

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion blurring the two allows the wicked to spread all manner of nonsense, much of which could be dangerous.
All your lefty buddies that espouse global warming and Obama as a hero would not be able to post any more if all you allowed were facts.

Why is that allowed ?

It would be impossible to enforce; there are not enough mods to monitor every thread and every post.
Awww, all that reporting you do not working out for you? Lol.

Why is that allowed ?

It would be inconsistent with the theme.

It's called US message board. The US stand for UNITED STATES. Here in the US, we have a thing called freedom of speech.

I can call you a whiny faggot, even though it is crude, rude, uncouth, and I know you are married.

I wouldn't, because generally I like to remain cordial and I like intelligent folks like yourself.

However, if you keep up with your agenda, and try to silence the opposition by placing unreasonable restraints on debate that are culturally inappropriate to the membership, someone just might call you a whiny faggot.

I agree with a lot of that but I wouldn't stress truth as being "culturally inappropriate" down there so much.

Why is that allowed ?

Everyone would "report" everyone else whether warranted or not, particularly on such a hyper-partisan forum; it's one of the many reasons why the old "neg" system was done away with.

This place isn't researched for accuracy. That's a lofty goal.

Heres how people think. Find a link that back your bias and that's all there is to it. That is why these message board go over and over the same ground.

th.jpg

Even research that is shown to be "fact" isn't analyzed to see if there are flaws in the study. For the cynical, they think it means no fact is ever true.

Why is that allowed ?

Many of your anti American trolling threads have no backed up facts, just your bigoted opinions presented as fact ie because you've 'visited the US and Russia' they are practically the same country. Lol.

Facts are seldom in dispute. It's the interpretation of data that varies.

Even legitimate sources are rejected, often for the most spurious reasons, when the information is not wanted/agreed with. It sometimes seems pointless to go throught the effort of finding legitimate sources when they are so often dismissed out of hand.

I have used two at a time on occasion. Doesn't matter with hacks. Frankly if you want any sort of in depth reply, you better bring facts, links and real debate first. Not wasting my time with those who refuse an education.

Forum List

Back