Posting prejudice as "fact"

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
People on here post absolute rubbish as fact when there is nothing factual to back it up.

Why is that allowed ?

If you say, for example :

Unemployment has gone up in the last year.

Then you should be able to back it up with a link to some figures.

Why doesnt the message board insist on this ?

I think it would save a lot of time and possibly raise the standard of debate.

People on here post absolute rubbish as fact when there is nothing factual to back it up.

Why is that allowed ?

Because there's no way for any message board to enforce such a policy.

Besides, none of the conservative members would be able to participate if required to post only facts backed by evidence.

Facts? How will liberals be able to post then?

Why is that allowed ?

It would be inconsistent with the theme.

It's called US message board. The US stand for UNITED STATES. Here in the US, we have a thing called freedom of speech.

I can call you a whiny faggot, even though it is crude, rude, uncouth, and I know you are married.

I wouldn't, because generally I like to remain cordial and I like intelligent folks like yourself.

However, if you keep up with your agenda, and try to silence the opposition by placing unreasonable restraints on debate that are culturally inappropriate to the membership, someone just might call you a whiny faggot.

Why is that allowed ?

quote-there-are-three-kinds-of-lies-lies-damned-lies-and-statistics-mark-twain-321226.jpg

Why is that allowed ?

Besides, none of the conservative members would be able to participate if required to post only facts backed by evidence.
I cant see that it would be too difficult to enforce.

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion blurring the two allows the wicked to spread all manner of nonsense, much of which could be dangerous.

Why is that allowed ?

It's called US message board. The US stand for UNITED STATES. Here in the US, we have a thing called freedom of speech.

I can call you a whiny faggot, even though it is crude, rude, uncouth, and I know you are married.

I wouldn't, because generally I like to remain cordial and I like intelligent folks like yourself.

However, if you keep up with your agenda, and try to silence the opposition by placing unreasonable restraints on debate that are culturally inappropriate to the membership, someone just might call you a whiny faggot.
Is it unreasonable to require people to be honest ? I am not bothered about people being nice to each other but free speech without honesty is just monkeys chattering in the trees.

Why is that allowed ?

Fact is fact and opinion is opinion blurring the two allows the wicked to spread all manner of nonsense, much of which could be dangerous.
Some people are here just to flame and irritate. That's just how it is.

Why is that allowed ?

noonegives.jpg

where do the HONEST numbers come from , I suppose the you would say that they come from the 'obama' regime Tommy !!

Why is that allowed ?

Is it unreasonable to require people to be honest ? I am not bothered about people being nice to each other but free speech without honesty is just monkeys chattering in the trees.
you-ll-find-that-many-of-the-truths-we-cling-to-depend-greatly-upon-our-own-point-of-view.png

well I have , its either Obama regime or liberal sources that report your truth isn't it Tom . Best to have both sides report the truth and then let the readers decide . Heck , most everything is easy to research .

At one time news media delivered facts, now the anchors even make up stuff.

Why is that allowed ?

Partisans are liars.

They distort and ignore and avoid and make up all kinds of things all the time.

Both ends. They have no credibility. And most certainly, not just on message boards.

Why is that allowed ?

It would be impossible to enforce; there are not enough mods to monitor every thread and every post.

On a free message board who gets to research all of these posts for accuracy. Half a dozen mods? Not a prayer.

Who decides when something isn't 100% accurate.

The answer is simple. The other posters point out the flaws.

It ain't a board meeting it's a political discussion board. Some people's 'truth' is the next guy's bullshit. And so it goes.

And there are already structured portions of the forum where you can make whatever rules you like for your threads....

Forum List

Back