CDZ Post your ideas for a border wall.

snaking-of-great-wall-of-china.jpg

aurelian-walls-da-l-75-as-m5.jpg

These seem to have lasted awhile....

Yep, they have lasted a long time, but the Great Wall of China and the Aurelian Walls both failed at the purpose for which they were built.

Their are several sections that were open, so how could they have worked? Did you just decide to leave that fact out in fairness to the Chinese?

the Xiongnu simply took control of one of the main gates and entered the land without much hassle.
The failure of the Great Wall

There really is no need for a wall.
Cut all benefits and make hiring them so punitive that no company will hire them and it's done.

Place the military on the border as someone has mentioned to stop the drug influx and the possible terrorist incursions.

Combine these two actions and our problem is solved.

I think it should consist of various components such as the physical barriers in which to be formed in the appropriate ways, and applied for the terrane in which they will be applied to or in the areas of need..

barrier's such as border patrol agents, and Intel would operate from watch towers placed in the proper distances apart from one another, yet can still be seen by binoculars from one gaurd tower to the other, and for the entire length and/or distances between one section of towers to the other section.

Drones would be essential to the observation duties, and to the security along stretches that are either to rough a terrane to build on or along private stretches of land that property owners would be resisting of any huge structures that would destroy the values of their lands, and the scenic value, and the access points that allow cattle to graze openly etc.

However, these owners would have to at least grant a narrow strip of right away in order that patrols can ride the entire strip in order to keep proper surveillance of the area. Razer wire should be deployed in correlation with the towers, along with drones, ground surveillance, and river surveillance. It can be done.

We need not try to build some sort of wall that proves to be worthless in 8 years or longer. We must also address the problem that we have inward, and that is the problem that is creating the draw in all of this out of control situation. In each gaurd tower you would have a technical center, and this would have a drone station, sensor monitors, crew quarters etc.

In fact these towers may be the answer instead of the wall in many areas of question.
I think a border wall is a great idea.

It worked well for the East Germans for about 50 years.

It should work for us too.

They were trying to keep their slaves in.

We are trying to keep Mexican slave labor out.

I have shared this (my) idea for the border in other threads but I will repeat it here.

Since most (if not all) of the border is already considered to be "federal" property. I would turn the entire length of the border (walls and fences included) into a long string of Military bases and Bombing ranges. That way, anyone crossing the border illegally will be sooner intercepted by our own military and / or they will be pretty much walking into a mine field.

Those areas that lend itself to more civilian access could become Federal Prison property, local law enforcement or the like.

How fitting that an illegal crossing the border would actually break INTO a prison?!?

Those stationed along the border should also be equipped with the latest in drone and anti-drone technologies, tunnel detection equipment and counter measures, etc.

make it a requirement for Basic Training in the military to also patrol the borders. Recruits guard empty buildings and lots all the time anyway. . .

And, lastly - I would amend the Constitution with the addition of just one simple word to the 14th Amendment.

I would change the wording "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside" to "All persons LEGALLY born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

No more anchor babies!

Yep, they have lasted a long time, but the Great Wall of China and the Aurelian Walls both failed at the purpose for which they were built.

Their are several sections that were open, so how could they have worked? Did you just decide to leave that fact out in fairness to the Chinese?
. Just stop our own idiots from selling us out from within... Problem goes away. As long as there is a lure or draw within this nation whether by government officials or the rich wanting to pay cheap, cheap labor to work on their personal properties or in their companies, then this problem will continue to fester. I mean we just had a nominee resign or back out because he had an undocumented immigrant working for 10 years as a house cleaner I believe. There is really no need for this wall in the way that people think. It is that we need to get control of our idiot citizens & officials here 1st. Stop the DRAW. The whole wall idea is more about symbolism than it is about actually getting the problem of our own here to quit selling us out. Why give our own rich and government officials a pass, and then cost us (the average hard working citizens AGAIN) millions upon millions for a symbol that we can gauk at, but means nothing in the end ? Make the violation for hiring and working illegals huge, and enforce it. Problem goes away.

Last edited:
I think it should consist of various components such as the physical barriers in which to be formed in the appropriate ways, and applied for the terrane in which they will be applied to or in the areas of need..

barrier's such as border patrol agents, and Intel would operate from watch towers placed in the proper distances apart from one another, yet can still be seen by binoculars from one gaurd tower to the other, and for the entire length and/or distances between one section of towers to the other section.

Drones would be essential to the observation duties, and to the security along stretches that are either to rough a terrane to build on or along private stretches of land that property owners would be resisting of any huge structures that would destroy the values of their lands, and the scenic value, and the access points that allow cattle to graze openly etc.

However, these owners would have to at least grant a narrow strip of right away in order that patrols can ride the entire strip in order to keep proper surveillance of the area. Razer wire should be deployed in correlation with the towers, along with drones, ground surveillance, and river surveillance. It can be done.

We need not try to build some sort of wall that proves to be worthless in 8 years or longer. We must also address the problem that we have inward, and that is the problem that is creating the draw in all of this out of control situation. In each gaurd tower you would have a technical center, and this would have a drone station, sensor monitors, crew quarters etc.

In fact these towers may be the answer instead of the wall in many areas of question.
I'm largely in favour of a killing ground. This is an area that invaders can be lured into and then be mowed down by various painful crippling devices
. Sounds like you should be writing horror movies for Hollywood..

I'm largely in favour of a killing ground. This is an area that invaders can be lured into and then be mowed down by various painful crippling devices
. Sounds like you should be writing horror movies for Hollywood..
images

images

Repurposing is all the rage.

Nothing is re purposed until after it's a failure at it's original purpose. I'm not sure we need a 2000 mile long tourist attraction.

If we are going to build a wall then let's build a WALL. It could be cool and timeless.

Nothing is re purposed until after it's a failure at it's original purpose. I'm not sure we need a 2000 mile long tourist attraction.

If we are going to build a wall then let's build a WALL. It could be cool and timeless.
We could bring a bunch of Chinamen over here to build it, and give them homes, drivers licenses, food stamps, and cars and they could build a great wall!

Of course this being America, they have to speak Spanish!

We could bring a bunch of Chinamen over here to build it, and give them homes, drivers licenses, food stamps, and cars and they could build a great wall!

Because..................they made damn fine railroads?

Stop sucking the fun out of my first cup of coffee, Mike.

Because..................they made damn fine railroads?

Stop sucking the fun out of my first cup of coffee, Mike.
The WALL OF LAUNDRY!

. Wish my money was timeless.

I think it should consist of various components such as the physical barriers in which to be formed in the appropriate ways, and applied for the terrane in which they will be applied to or in the areas of need...Human barrier's such as border patrol agents, and Intel would operate from watch towers placed in the proper distances apart from one another, yet can still be seen by binoculars from one gaurd tower to the other, and for the entire length and/or distances between one section of towers to the other section. Drones would be essential to the observation duties, and to the security along stretches that are either to rough a terrane to build on or along private stretches of land that property owners would be resisting of any huge structures that would destroy the values of their lands, and the scenic value, and the access points that allow cattle to graze openly etc. However, these owners would have to at least grant a narrow strip of right away in order that patrols can ride the entire strip in order to keep proper surveillance of the area. Razer wire should be deployed in correlation with the towers, along with drones, ground surveillance, and river surveillance. It can be done. We need not try to build some sort of wall that proves to be worthless in 8 years or longer. We must also address the problem that we have inward, and that is the problem that is creating the draw in all of this out of control situation. In each gaurd tower you would have a technical center, and this would have a drone station, sensor monitors, crew quarters etc. In fact these towers may be the answer instead of the wall in many areas of question.

we
are
not
paying
for
any
wall

Damn straight. The damn Mexicans will!

that isn't going to happen either

I think it will be trivial for Mexico to pay for it.

Odd, but Mexico doesn't seem to agree.

In the end they have no say in the matter.

Do you need a hint?

Israel-anti-terror-wall-1.jpg

1. Not just the only bastion of freedom and democracy in the Middle East, Israel, but this tiny nation, surrounded by 7th century savages and nations led by power and money hungry dictators who care not a whit for their citizens, goes more than the extra mile to make life better for its enemies.
As a necessary protection from the homicide bombers and would-be 'martyrs'...

Israelis don't want the wall....each 2 meter wide section costs $8,000, and neither the Right, who see it as giving away greater Israel, nor the Left, who want to live peacefully with the Arabs, want it.

But.....it is necessary

Forum List

Back