CDZ Post your ideas for a border wall.

There needs to be a "no man's land" between the borders where people can be stopped before they enter the U.S. (and become entitled to judicial procedures).

There needs to be a "no man's land" between the borders where people can be stopped before they enter the U.S. (and become entitled to judicial procedures).
latest

My idea is to build a wall using the lies Trump and his team have told. It seems such a wall is building in D.C. now. May as well put it on the border. It'd be very long and high wall. A wall made from all that duplicity and paltering should surely keep out all would be border crossers.

My idea is to build a wall using the lies Trump and his team have told. It seems such a wall is building in D.C. now. May as well put it on the border. It'd be very long and high wall. A wall made from all that duplicity and paltering should surely keep out all would be border crossers.
. So otherwise you could give a crap less about the security and prosperity of your fellow Americans, just as long as you can grind your sharpest knives in order to politically stab them in the back with those knives.

So otherwise you could give a crap less about the security and prosperity of your fellow Americans, just as long as you can grind your sharpest knives in order to politically stab them in the back with those knives.

No. I care as much about my countrymen's security and prosperity as I about mine, and my own instinct for self-preservation is as strong as anyone's. The extent of political backstabbing in which I'll engage is not dependent on what I think about their or my security, but rather on the sagacity of one's political stances and the soundness and rectitude of the means and manner in which they advance them.

So otherwise you could give a crap less about the security and prosperity of your fellow Americans, just as long as you can grind your sharpest knives in order to politically stab them in the back with those knives.

No. I care as much about my countrymen's security and prosperity as I about mine, and my own instinct for self-preservation is as strong as anyone's. The extent of political backstabbing in which I'll engage is not dependent on what I think about their or my security, but rather on the sagacity of one's political stances and the soundness and rectitude of the means and manner in which they advance them.

Political stances are a dime a dozen. It's where the rubber meets the road that counts. Action or inaction that is taken is imperative. It's one thing not to like Trump. It is another thing altogether to refuse to take care of business and float excuse after excuse or even engage in denial that there is a problem. At that point, your political stance is nothing more than passive aggressive bull hockey.

...focus on the blueprints for the entire area in question....
Great. So just what the heck are we talking about? The U.S. southern border? Most of that is the Gulf of Mexico --no wall needed there. Ah, just the U.S./Mexico border? Most of that is rivers --we can't be talking about say, sticking a 40-foot high wall in the middle of the Rio Grand where it's 50 feet deep. We already got a wall in one form or another on all the U.S./Mexico land border and we're already contracting out big bux on maintenance/improvements.

Imho what we should have that we don't have is what Mexico has added to their own southern border --it's the rule of law. The check ID's at the border, at choke points a few miles in, and all across the entire country. Anyone w/o good papers gets kicked out. In fact anyone who participates in a protest march gets deported too --even w/ a valid visa.

Anyone can see what Mexico's built along their actual international boundary on google earth --the cleared a few meters, they got a few monuments, but most is just wide open. When you got laws enforced a wall's not necessary and w/o enforcing laws no wall is enough.

I think it should consist of various components such as the physical barriers in which to be formed in the appropriate ways, and applied for the terrane in which they will be applied to or in the areas of need...Human barrier's such as border patrol agents, and Intel would operate from watch towers placed in the proper distances apart from one another, yet can still be seen by binoculars from one gaurd tower to the other, and for the entire length and/or distances between one section of towers to the other section. Drones would be essential to the observation duties, and to the security along stretches that are either to rough a terrane to build on or along private stretches of land that property owners would be resisting of any huge structures that would destroy the values of their lands, and the scenic value, and the access points that allow cattle to graze openly etc. However, these owners would have to at least grant a narrow strip of right away in order that patrols can ride the entire strip in order to keep proper surveillance of the area. Razer wire should be deployed in correlation with the towers, along with drones, ground surveillance, and river surveillance. It can be done. We need not try to build some sort of wall that proves to be worthless in 8 years or longer. We must also address the problem that we have inward, and that is the problem that is creating the draw in all of this out of control situation. In each gaurd tower you would have a technical center, and this would have a drone station, sensor monitors, crew quarters etc. In fact these towers may be the answer instead of the wall in many areas of question.

we
are
not
paying
for
any
wall

I
suspect
you
are
wrong.

Just build it, maintain it, and enforce it. It could be the 21 century version of the PWA, we could call it the Delayed National Recovery and Security Act! Young and old could be employed, develop new skills, utilizing American made products and technology....its a win win proposition requiring serious consideration. It would pay for itself by increasing the standard of living for those that our education system abandoned.

Just build it, maintain it, and enforce it. It could be the 21 century version of the PWA, we could call it the Delayed National Recovery and Security Act! Young and old could be employed, develop new skills, utilizing American made products and technology....its a win win proposition requiring serious consideration. It would pay for itself by increasing the standard of living for those that our education system abandoned.
. Yep, but also we need much needed infrastructure projects funded throughout America, and out in the far West they need new reservoirs constructed, and dams that preserve the fresh water that is badly needed in those drought prone areas. The border would be far less a problem if we were to enforce immigration laws on the books just like the administration is doing right now, and look at who is trying to obstruct the laws and enforcing of the laws. It's the Democrats/liberals. How crazy is it that California has had the most problems with illegals and lack of water, yet they fight against everything that can relieve the problems in those areas ? Stop the draw, and save billions of un-nessesary feel good spending that will be better spent elsewhere in the nation where it counts.

I think it should consist of various components such as the physical barriers in which to be formed in the appropriate ways, and applied for the terrane in which they will be applied to or in the areas of need...Human barrier's such as border patrol agents, and Intel would operate from watch towers placed in the proper distances apart from one another, yet can still be seen by binoculars from one gaurd tower to the other, and for the entire length and/or distances between one section of towers to the other section. Drones would be essential to the observation duties, and to the security along stretches that are either to rough a terrane to build on or along private stretches of land that property owners would be resisting of any huge structures that would destroy the values of their lands, and the scenic value, and the access points that allow cattle to graze openly etc. However, these owners would have to at least grant a narrow strip of right away in order that patrols can ride the entire strip in order to keep proper surveillance of the area. Razer wire should be deployed in correlation with the towers, along with drones, ground surveillance, and river surveillance. It can be done. We need not try to build some sort of wall that proves to be worthless in 8 years or longer. We must also address the problem that we have inward, and that is the problem that is creating the draw in all of this out of control situation. In each gaurd tower you would have a technical center, and this would have a drone station, sensor monitors, crew quarters etc. In fact these towers may be the answer instead of the wall in many areas of question.

we
are
not
paying
for
any
wall

Actually, we don't have a choice in this. Mexico will not pay and the cheeto in chief has said he likes debt and that he would force Americans to pay for his idiotic wall. Sadly, the Rs would likely go along with it because, like drumpf, they would love to put the debt through the roof in the same way W did, and then leave it for the next prez to clean up.

OTOH, drumpf has said it is already being designed and planned. Its not. Its just another of his constant lies.

...focus on the blueprints for the entire area in question....
Great. So just what the heck are we talking about? The U.S. southern border? Most of that is the Gulf of Mexico --no wall needed there. Ah, just the U.S./Mexico border? Most of that is rivers --we can't be talking about say, sticking a 40-foot high wall in the middle of the Rio Grand where it's 50 feet deep. We already got a wall in one form or another on all the U.S./Mexico land border and we're already contracting out big bux on maintenance/improvements.

Imho what we should have that we don't have is what Mexico has added to their own southern border --it's the rule of law. The check ID's at the border, at choke points a few miles in, and all across the entire country. Anyone w/o good papers gets kicked out. In fact anyone who participates in a protest march gets deported too --even w/ a valid visa.

Anyone can see what Mexico's built along their actual international boundary on google earth --the cleared a few meters, they got a few monuments, but most is just wide open. When you got laws enforced a wall's not necessary and w/o enforcing laws no wall is enough.

There is also the FACT that American land owners do not want to leave their homes.

But, remember when drumpf said he wanted to make it easier to steal Americans' land?

Also, you're wrong that the US does not check IDs at the border. Of course they do. I've crossed it many many MANY times and have always seen it for myself.

There is not need for a wall and it wouldn't be effective anyway. Its a total boondoggle, designed to get the gullible for vote their hate instead of what's best for our country. Its flat out stupid, especially since we have actual infrastructure, and other issues, we need to put our money into.

. Yep, but also we need much needed infrastructure projects funded throughout America, and out in the far West they need new reservoirs constructed, and dams that preserve the fresh water that is badly needed in those drought prone areas. The border would be far less a problem if we were to enforce immigration laws on the books just like the administration is doing right now, and look at who is trying to obstruct the laws and enforcing of the laws. It's the Democrats/liberals. How crazy is it that California has had the most problems with illegals and lack of water, yet they fight against everything that can relieve the problems in those areas ? Stop the draw, and save billions of un-nessesary feel good spending that will be better spent elsewhere in the nation where it counts.

We DO enforce existing laws and the border is not a problem. Indeed, President Obama was criticized for deporting so many.

Are you aware that President Obama hired more Border Patrol agents than anyone in history? Are you aware there are so many that they can almost hold hands along the border?

CA does not have the most problems with undocumented.

Educate yourself.

Oh and meanwhile, ALL of our other borders are wide open.

And those are the borders where terrorists have actually come into the US.

Why don't the RWNJs care about that?

Why doesn't drumpf and the Rs take action on that?

We DO enforce existing laws and the border is not a problem. Indeed, President Obama was criticized for deporting so many.

Are you aware that President Obama hired more Border Patrol agents than anyone in history? Are you aware there are so many that they can almost hold hands along the border?

CA does not have the most problems with undocumented.

Educate yourself.

Do you have some links to these claims?

Forum List

Back