Post your 1970s Sports Events

Skeptic1959

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2020
If you grew up in the 1970s this thread is for you. Let's keep this clean fans. Just events! No slamming anyone, no slandering, no foul language, just some of the great sports memories from the 1970s!

I'll get the ball rolling with my favorite baseball team and favorite player all time...to this day he is still greatly missed not just by Pittsburghers.

Contrary to some popular beliefs the Reds won the 75 World series not the Red Sox.
The Reds then swept the Yankees in 76. Joe Morgan was NL player of the year both years. Lineup was Johnny Bench, Tony Perez, Joe Morgan, Davey Concepcion, Pete Rose, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Ken Griffey. One of the best teams of all time.

Game 6 of the 1977 World Series, Reggie Jackson hits three consecutive home runs off three consecutive first pitches from three different pitchers:

Jump to navigationJump to search
1972 Miami Dolphins season
Results
OwnerJoe Robbie
Head coachDon Shula
Home fieldMiami Orange Bowl
Record14–0
Division place1st AFC East
Playoff finishWon Divisional Playoffs (Browns) 20–14
Won AFC Championship(at Steelers) 21–17
Won Super Bowl VII (vs. Redskins) 14–7

Jim Kiick (center right) rushing the ball for Miami in Super Bowl VII
The 1972 Miami Dolphins season was the team's seventh season, and third season in the National Football League (NFL). The 1972 Dolphins are the only NFL team to

Last edited:
LynnSwann_sbX_1976.JPG

If you grew up in the 1970s this thread is for you. Let's keep this clean fans. Just events! No slamming anyone, no slandering, no foul language, just some of the great sports memories from the 1970s!

I'll get the ball rolling with my favorite baseball team and favorite player all time...to this day he is still greatly missed not just by Pittsburghers.

robertoclemente3000.jpeg

RobertoClemente385.jpeg

I was in basic training at fort knox during the Phins Perfect Season Lets just said i made a mint betting on Miami during the season. I kept getting better odds because they kept saying Miami could not keep it up and they had to loose. The following year I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Super Bowl to watch Miami beat Minnesota at Rice Stadium in Houston
1612823211653.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back