Positive to counter the negative.

I've got my five for today!
@TheDeltaEmbassy He's highly intelligent although I don't agree with much of what he says. He is a thinker and is always coming up with what if's, what do you think type posts which lead to interesting discussions.

HaShev because he surprises me with with certain facts about his faith that I was not formerly aware of - so I am learning new things . He is continuing to seek out answers to the questions he has about certain things. There are certain things that he has said about Rome that I agree with and I'm happy to know he's taken the time to inform himself about it because it's vital information that all Jews should know and be forewarned about. I'm glad he his here.

Nutz She is one of those rare individuals who is quick to forgive, quick to believe, and quick to apologize. (Gracie is another one that always seems to be willing to give someone another chance) That is a winning combination in my book - for any person to have those qualities is highly admirable. Nutz is also a person who defends what she believes passionately and is not intimidated by others. I see a person who is willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt when the rest of the crowd has already written them off.

Hossfly I admire him for his passion for Israel and for his loyalty to his friends. He is a faithful, loyal friend and one who will see something through to the very end. He's a finisher! He is also a hero, one who has served America above and beyond the call of duty and he is a very courageous individual. He doesn't run from the battle - he runs into it. He is not a man who is intimidated by others - he speaks his mind. He is known for standing his ground while others are losing theirs. He has a lot of determination and is willing to encourage those who need it. He is a natural born leader.

PoliticalChic for her intelligence, her willingness to do her research and present some of the most informative, intelligent threads on this board. She effortlessly defends her position and is not put off by being outnumbered by opponents in the debates that ensue over her posts. She uses humor to throw her attackers off when they get into mud slinging and personal attacks and she knows how to maneuver through the land mines, attempts to hijack and otherwise take her message off course. She has a gift for educating others on matters of history, politics, a wide range of subjects and she handles herself very, very well! She is a very unique and intelligent woman and what she brings to this board is truly a great asset to USMB.

I've got my five for today!
@TheDeltaEmbassy He's highly intelligent although I don't agree with much of what he says. He is a thinker and is always coming up with what if's, what do you think type posts which lead to interesting discussions.

HaShev because he surprises me with with certain facts about his faith that I was not formerly aware of - so I am learning new things . He is continuing to seek out answers to the questions he has about certain things. There are certain things that he has said about Rome that I agree with and I'm happy to know he's taken the time to inform himself about it because it's vital information that all Jews should know and be forewarned about. I'm glad he his here.

Nutz She is one of those rare individuals who is quick to forgive, quick to believe, and quick to apologize. (Gracie is another one that always seems to be willing to give someone another chance) That is a winning combination in my book - for any person to have those qualities is highly admirable. Nutz is also a person who defends what she believes passionately and is not intimidated by others. I see a person who is willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt when the rest of the crowd has already written them off.

Hossfly I admire him for his passion for Israel and for his loyalty to his friends. He is a faithful, loyal friend and one who will see something through to the very end. He's a finisher! He is also a hero, one who has served America above and beyond the call of duty and he is a very courageous individual. He doesn't run from the battle - he runs into it. He is not a man who is intimidated by others - he speaks his mind. He is known for standing his ground while others are losing theirs. He has a lot of determination and is willing to encourage those who need it. He is a natural born leader.

PoliticalChic for her intelligence, her willingness to do her research and present some of the most informative, intelligent threads on this board. She effortlessly defends her position and is not put off by being outnumbered by opponents in the debates that ensue over her posts. She uses humor to throw her attackers off when they get into mud slinging and personal attacks and she knows how to maneuver through the land mines, attempts to hijack and otherwise take her message off course. She has a gift for educating others on matters of history, politics, a wide range of subjects and she handles herself very, very well! She is a very unique and intelligent woman and what she brings to this board is truly a great asset to USMB.

It's difficult to make an Asian blush....but I believe you've done it.
I'm honored and eternally grateful.
Thank you so much.

Thank you for being here. Your threads are having a powerful effect on how others view things, PC. Be encouraged that you wouldn't receive the flack you are catching if you weren't hitting the bulls eye. You are a formidable force to those who would prefer to keep others in the dark. They fear you which is an affirmation to just how effective you are.

Thank you for being here. Your threads are having a powerful effect on how others view things, PC. Be encouraged that you wouldn't receive the flack you are catching if you weren't hitting the bulls eye. You are a formidable force to those who would prefer to keep others in the dark. They fear you which is an affirmation to just how effective you are.

You know that I am rarely speechless....but I am now.
Bless you.

The flame zone. Oh Do you people hurt animals or handicapped folks if you can get away with it, too? Oh, it's all in good fun. Nah, I just don't get the sadist taunting crap. Not a flame, an honest criticism. Don't let it stop you, keep on teasing and hurting each other. Sick bastards.

I really don't have a problem with most here on the board, though the same can't be said about how quite a few feel about me......... :D Most everyone has their good points and their bad points besides, in all honesty it's just an online messageboard......... for the insane....... :D

The flame zone. Oh Do you people hurt animals or handicapped folks if you can get away with it, too? Oh, it's all in good fun. Nah, I just don't get the sadist taunting crap. Not a flame, an honest criticism. Don't let it stop you, keep on teasing and hurting each other. Sick bastards.
Alas, it was inevitable.......... *sigh*

Alas, it was inevitable.......... *sigh*
Well...I did mention the negativity so maybe MaryL thought it was ok to give her own opinion concerning it.

With that said...

MaryL this thread is to post POSITIVE things. Sorry if I confused you with my OP. Do you have anyone here that you wish to give tribute to?

I originally wanted to do a "Post something nice about the person above you" thread like people see at other boards and are so common.....but I didn't, cuz I'd be the first poster and whomever followed would have to say something nice..which means I would be accused of seeking attention. So..I thought...why not just show some respect to those we do feel that way about...in a positive way. Doesn't hurt anyone to see it, and might just make them feel good. Which is the point :).

I just counted 6 in mine. Oops. So...no limit in who you respect. Name 'em...and say why.

In no particular order my picks are:

Ropey - Because he knows me better than I know myself at times. (and probably would like to knock some much needed sense into my head if he could):D

cereal_killer - Because he is LOVE...he helped me through a hard time and I will forever be indebted to him and the big guys at Forum Foundry. God Bless them.

Gracie - Because we seem to share a connection that only the Gods understand.

drifter - Because she is always loving and genuinely cares.

The above listed is just a small fraction of those I care for...I truly love and respect many here, and it would most likely take a better part of the evening to list them all...

I try to get along with everyone here and have no axe to grind. I generally find good in everyone and can argue with someone who holds different views and opinions, then go to a neutral site and find we have things in common in other areas. And so I can't name people in any kind of order.

I try to get along with everyone here and have no axe to grind. I generally find good in everyone and can argue with someone who holds different views and opinions, then go to a neutral site and find we have things in common in other areas. And so I can't name people in any kind of order.

That's true.
I have to say, of all the posters one encounters, however often in whatever subject, Hossfly is definitely
... one of them. :eusa_shifty:

J/k, a class act and a healthy sense o' humor too. Hoss is sincere about having "no axe to grind". He's comfortable enough in his own skin that personal attacks are just not something he needs. That sets a fine example.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back