Portrait of a Servant

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Nov 3, 2012
This video is a teaching called Portait of a Servant by Michael Boldea Jr. In this teaching - which is excellent - he quotes 1 Samuel 15:22 which I will post underneath the video with another important scripture - and Michael Boldea Jr. also quotes an unknown author in this video with the following words:

Most people do not want to know the will of God in order to know it - they want to know the will of God in order to consider it. - unknown

Maybe this is why Moses went up to the mountain alone. The people said, you go up there and find out what God says and come back down here and tell us ( I'm paraphrasing that story not quoting from scripture ). It is reasonable to consider they chose to do that - sending Moses and not going themselves so they could have the excuse not to obey if they didn't like the message whereas if the people were told by God directly they would have to obey. But that was then and this is now....

The Word - Jesus Christ came in the flesh, shed His own blood and died on a cross at Calvary, took the keys to hell and the grave and ascended to heaven where He is seated at the right hand of the Father so now we can each have a relationship with Him. Now the Lord speaks to each of us by His Word and by The Holy Spirit. This teaching is about what a servant looks like and it centers on a certain servant named Philip. Enjoy!

1 Samuel 15 22 But Samuel replied Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the LORD To obey is better than sacrifice and to heed is better than the fat of rams.

Cross References
Matthew 12:7
If you had known what these words mean, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the innocent.
Mark 12:33
To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."

And the other bible scripture & relating verses that is important to this message:
John 10 27 My sheep listen to my voice I know them and they follow me.

Cross References
Isaiah 66:22
"As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure.
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

John 10:14
"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
When Jesus was telling the Jews that he had other sheep that were not of this sheep pen he was speaking of the Gentiles who would come to Him and be one flock with the Hebrew brethren - which today we see both born again Christians who were Gentiles and now inwardly Jews and Jews who were outwardly Jews and now through Christ - inwardly Jews as well. Abraham was justifed by faith. We who are Abrahams children are justified by faith in Jesus Christ Alone. Amen? Amen!

Last edited:
Consider this. Joe could be laboring for the LORD for 50 years, I could come into kingdom of heaven the last 3 months and labor in the harvest and then die and go to heaven and receive the same reward as Joe! I love that about God! Jesus decides what He will about a matter because He is the Master of the vineyard! He is LORD! Not man!

Matthew 20 1 For the kingdom of heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire workers for his vineyard.

Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
20:1-16 The direct object of this parable seems to be, to show that though the Jews were first called into the vineyard, at length the gospel should be preached to the Gentiles, and they should be admitted to equal privileges and advantages with the Jews. The parable may also be applied more generally, and shows, 1. That God is debtor to no man. 2. That many who begin last, and promise little in religion, sometimes, by the blessing of God, arrive at a great deal of knowledge, grace, and usefulness. 3. That the recompense of reward will be given to the saints, but not according to the time of their conversion.

It describes the state of the visible church, and explains the declaration that the last shall be first, and the first last, in its various references. Till we are hired into the service of God, we are standing all the day idle: a sinful state, though a state of drudgery to Satan, may be called a state of idleness.

The market-place is the world, and from that we are called by the gospel. Come, come from this market-place. Work for God will not admit of trifling. A man may go idle to hell, but he that will go to heaven, must be diligent. The Roman penny was sevenpence halfpenny in our money, wages then enough for the day's support. This does not prove that the reward of our obedience to God is of works, or of debt; when we have done all, we are unprofitable servants; but it signifies that there is a reward set before us, yet let none, upon this presumption, put off repentance till they are old. Some were sent into the vineyard at the eleventh hour; but nobody had hired them before. The Gentiles came in at the eleventh hour; the gospel had not been before preached to them.

Last edited:
There is no affiliation with Dumitru Duduman and the Prophecy Club other than that he accepted an invitation to speak there in order to give his message to the body of Christ. He spoke to the Mormons and many others too. And your point is what? That you do not know how to fact check your sources before you run with them Delta? I pray the Jews do not take you aboard their team to defend Israel with such shoddy investigative work. Your obviously desperate to make a point you have yet to make. (and won't) Now get off my thread with this nonsense - before I have to ask God to deal with you.

Forum List

Back