Pope Says Stop Giving Babies Offbeat Names

While names such as Sienna and Scarlett have become fashionable in recent years, Pope Benedict XVI called for a return to tradition.

During Mass at the Sistine Chapel, he said: "Every baptised child acquires the character of the son of God, beginning with their Christian name, an unmistakable sign that the Holy Spirit causes man to be born anew in the womb of the Church." He added that a name was an "indelible seal" that set children off on a lifelong "journey of religious faith".
Pope rails against rise of un-Christian names - Telegraph

I kinda sorta agree. Why name a baby after a jewelry store or a race car?

Whaca think?

what are his kids named?

About a decade ago, Cardinal Ratzinger fathered three secret children:

Sparrow, Bluebird, and Parrot.

Unless hes going to help out the family with raising these kids financially he has no place to decide what is or what is not an appropriate name for these kids.

Actually, when it comes to catholics, he does. You'd have to go to catholic school or services to get an understanding.

The Pope was coming to America and the nuns were just giddy, like star struck girls that heard thier boyband was coming to town.

It's also why there are a lot of other types of christians.

I understand that if people want to listen to him thats fine, but as far as I go unless your helping me out with the hospital bills or something you have no damn right to say what I can or cannot name my kid.

He's also incapable of forcing anyone to be a member of his cult. The authority is there, but subservience is voluntary nonetheless.

WTF???

The next thing we know the Pope will be telling us when and how to have sex!

Just imagine the classroom setting.

the teacher is the Pope, there are his attendance and you are surrounded by nuns, armed with rulers and pointers, and that deep soul piercing look they all have.

The younger nuns are sexy though, I been trying to get a girl to wear a nun outfit to roleplay.

WTF???

The next thing we know the Pope will be telling us when and how to have sex!

the teacher is the Pope, there are his attendance and you are surrounded by nuns, armed with rulers and pointers, and that deep soul piercing look they all have.

The younger nuns are sexy though, I been trying to get a girl to wear a nun outfit to roleplay.

uhuh. hmm

You do know that a complet nun suit comes with a yard stick to whack you with when you've been bad?

Hmm?

Well, do ya?

Sister > :whip: < High_Gravity "Thank you Sister! May I have another?!"

uhuh. hmm

You do know that a complet nun suit comes with a yard stick to whack you with when you've been bad?

Hmm?

Well, do ya?

:lol: When I was at a Halloween party a few years ago this hot bartender wore a Nun costume and it looked smoking hot, I been fantasizing about it ever since.

uhuh. hmm

Hmm?

Well, do ya?

:lol: When I was at a Halloween party a few years ago this hot bartender wore a Nun costume and it looked smoking hot, I been fantasizing about it ever since.

I've met a lot of nuns. And not once did I go; "DAMN Sister Mary is HOT!"
Hand to gad, nun of them were under the age of old.

uhuh. hmm

Hmm?

Well, do ya?

I've met a lot of nuns. And not once did I go; "DAMN Sister Mary is HOT!"
Hand to gad, nun of them were under the age of old.

I don't think their allowed to be hot, all of the "nuns" I have seen that looked hot were just wearing the costume and wearing it very provactively.

While names such as Sienna and Scarlett have become fashionable in recent years, Pope Benedict XVI called for a return to tradition.

During Mass at the Sistine Chapel, he said: "Every baptised child acquires the character of the son of God, beginning with their Christian name, an unmistakable sign that the Holy Spirit causes man to be born anew in the womb of the Church." He added that a name was an "indelible seal" that set children off on a lifelong "journey of religious faith".

Whaca think?

I have lots of thoughts on this so just go with the flow.

Mercédès? Dumas was on to something doncha think?

Ruby? Whats wrong with jewelry?

If you stay with the saints you may get stuck with the problem i had. "Ask Jose, he did it." " Oh, which one? We have 20 Jose's"

Then again naming everyone the same could be for senior moments when you cant remember peoples names. If everyone is named about the same your luck is better at getting the name right. :lol:

How about we name everyone Honey? It works for both male and females when addressing.

When i hear the pops name i don't think of the "pope" I don't think of the traitor. I think of the eggs. So he is the last person to be talking about weird names :lol:

The young Indian boy had spent most of his life in a quandry... He felt different yet... couldn't figure why... he was just so depressed. He went to the Chief for answers... He asked the chief how his brother Red Deer Running had gotten his name...

The chief answered in his typically poetic way..."When Red Deer Running was born, at the moment of his birth, the first thing his mother saw was a beautiful deer running off into the forest... and so Running Deer was named. It is the custom of our tribe to name the offspring according to the spirits in nature visiting upon the birth."

Then, the boy said to the Chief... And how did my sister "Thundering Bird" get her name? The chief described again, how at the moment of her birth Thundering Bird's mother had heard a roar of thunder and looking up, saw a bird flying in the sky...

The boy asked again, how his cousin "White Crouching Bear" had been given such a name... And the chief, looking down once more at the boy, explaining the traditions of their tribe.... White Bear's mother had seen a rare white bear crouched over a stream at the moment her baby's birth. Then he asked the boy...

"Why do you ask, Two Dogs Fucking?"

Whaca think?

If you stay with the saints you may get stuck with the problem i had. "Ask Jose, he did it." " Oh, which one? We have 20 Jose's"

Then again naming everyone the same could be for senior moments when you cant remember peoples names. If everyone is named about the same your luck is better at getting the name right. :lol:

How about we name everyone Honey? It works for both male and females when addressing.

When i hear the pops name i don't think of the "pope" I don't think of the traitor. I think of the eggs. So he is the last person to be talking about weird names :lol:

I like Porche and Jade for girl names.

But Lexus and Diamond are a little to stripper-ish. :lol:

I don't think the Pope was making any kind of mandate so much as making a valid observation. Names should have some kind of meaning. I was named after both my grandmothers and my Dad. But some of the names people give their children today are absolutely mind-blowing. Some blacks name their kids these something that "sounds African" while other blacks say the names have nothing at all to do with anything African and are just plain ignorant. I wasn't real fond of some names entertainers chose for their kids back in the 60s and I guess, really, some of them still name their kids off-beat names.

I guess I just prefer names that children don't have to run away from as they get older.

I don't think the Pope was making any kind of mandate so much as making a valid observation. Names should have some kind of meaning. I was named after both my grandmothers and my Dad. But some of the names people give their children today are absolutely mind-blowing. Some blacks name their kids these something that "sounds African" while other blacks say the names have nothing at all to do with anything African and are just plain ignorant. I wasn't real fond of some names entertainers chose for their kids back in the 60s and I guess, really, some of them still name their kids off-beat names.

I guess I just prefer names that children don't have to run away from as they get older.

see link for the bolded part.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...iving-babies-offbeat-names-3.html#post3203728

I agree with you about the crazy african names. Is just the "cool" thing to do these days. There is always the option of changing your name if you don't like it.

Whaca think?

what are his kids named?

True story: I had a girlfriend who named her babygirl "Brie" because she liked how it sounded.

Didn't know till the kid started school that she had named her after a stinky cheese, LOL.

brie does not stink......

but i hate the maded up names....that no one can spell or pronounce

Whaca think?

I like Porche and Jade for girl names.

But Lexus and Diamond are a little to stripper-ish. :lol:

"Sheldon" brings to mind a buck-tooth guy with horned rimmed glasses and a pocket protector.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back