Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

Robodoon

Jan 18, 2012
_69008263_69008262.jpg

BBC News - Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

Comment: You are the POPE!, you Jesuit!

What don't you like Creation?

Guess not....

Comment PS, this needs to stay in politics, you can't tell me the Catholic Church isn't part of politics....

Last edited:
We are not to judge anyone. Only the big guy gets that one. Now we can biblically interpret fudge packing is bad.

But that's the only way we can look at it.

"Judge" is a political word. It can mean anything in modern society. Wouldn't you think the Pope could get up enough courage to condemn sodomites who prey on Alter Boys?

Oh please, this Pope has been judging everyone since day one. I like most of what he has said but to say BS like who is he to judge is just that BS. What if I beat my wife, who is he to judge me? Who is anyone by what I am hearing so far? The Pope apparently has a problem understanding the difference between "Judge not less ye be judged" and "By their fruits thou shalt know them." Both deal with judgment.

That all said, if the Pope is OK with gay sex then fine just say so don't give us a bunch of BS about judgment.

"Judge" is a political word. It can mean anything in modern society. Wouldn't you think the Pope could get up enough courage to condemn sodomites who prey on Alter Boys?

He has big time.

That's a whole different issue though. His Holy Father is trying to deal with consentual adults. I really pity him trying to sort this out.

I'm just thrilled that he made the blanket condemnation of all pedophiles within the Church.

He has big time.

That's a whole different issue though. His Holy Father is trying to deal with consentual adults. I really pity him trying to sort this out.

I'm just thrilled that he made the blanket condemnation of all pedophiles within the Church.

Who is he to judge pedophiles?

Oh please, this Pope has been judging everyone since day one. I like most of what he has said but to say BS like who is he to judge is just that BS. What if I beat my wife, who is he to judge me? Who is anyone by what I am hearing so far? The Pope apparently has a problem understanding the difference between "Judge not less ye be judged" and "By their fruits thou shalt know them." Both deal with judgment.

That all said, if the Pope is OK with gay sex then fine just say so don't give us a bunch of BS about judgment.

He's not saying that. Now I have left the Church for many reasons but I will defend doctrine.

Where did he say he was cool with gay sex? He didn't did he?

Judgement on the other hand is a whole different ball game. We are not to judge. It's up to the big guy.

Pope's right.

He has big time.

Who is he to judge pedophiles?

The law of the land. I cannot and you may correct me if you can I can't think of one country who endorses pedophilia.

Now I do understand the dancing boys. That's a weird pocket of the universe. Tribal and distant.

But that's the only one I can think of. Of the whole planet.

I am impressed with this Pope, and that says a lot, since I am definately NOT impressed with the Catholic Church. I think that the church may have finally found out that they must change, and this Pope is the first step. But, they have a long way to go...

well, the ages-old stance of the RCC love the sinner hate the sin is what he is talking about.

_69008263_69008262.jpg

BBC News - Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

Guess not....

Comment PS, this needs to stay in politics, you can't tell me the Catholic Church isn't part of politics....

The Pope is moving the discussion away from abortion and homosexuality to the liberation theology of his younger days.

Time will tell if he continues to move in the direction of tolerance and inclusion; abortion and homosexuality may still be subjectively perceived as ‘sins’ in the context of religious dogma, but absent the belligerent, hateful tone exhibited by the right.

Social conservatives might likely be at odds with this Pope.

First of all, it is always better to read the whole interview, not to mention it would be better to read it in original language, and all we are getting from the media are buts and pieces.

Guess not....

The Pope is moving the discussion away from abortion and homosexuality to the liberation theology of his younger days.

Time will tell if he continues to move in the direction of tolerance and inclusion; abortion and homosexuality may still be subjectively perceived as ‘sins’ in the context of religious dogma, but absent the belligerent, hateful tone exhibited by the right.

Social conservatives might likely be at odds with this Pope.

wishful thinking.
advice : check the Pope's ( while not yet Pope)conflicts and why with Argentinian president

The Pope said not to judge homosexuals as being somehow bad people. They aren't bad people. Most of them are very good people. This doesn't mean that people should accept their perversion as normal behavior. There seems to be no problem recognizing Anthony Weiner as a pervert. His perversion is not only between consenting adults but never involved any physical contact.

You judge yourself and whatever you allow into your life. People who do not want homosexuality in their personal, professional or business lives have to be protected.

Forum List

Back