Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

The Pope said not to judge homosexuals as being somehow bad people. They aren't bad people. Most of them are very good people. This doesn't mean that people should accept their perversion as normal behavior. There seems to be no problem recognizing Anthony Weiner as a pervert. His perversion is not only between consenting adults but never involved any physical contact.

You judge yourself and whatever you allow into your life. People who do not want homosexuality in their personal, professional or business lives have to be protected.

Protected from what?

He's the Pope... Though I guess he could inadvertedly be mentioning that he doesnt have the authority the Church claims he has, but that would be kind of the point of his position.

Oh and dirty little secret: God doesn't have a problem with you making judgments. In fact, he frequently called these people called Judges who did just that. There is a book about it in the Bible.

well, the ages-old stance of the RCC love the sinner hate the sin is what he is talking about.

Here's where I have issues. :eusa_pray: Lord help me. If I have to go to dinner with Hitler or Stalin or OJ I've got to beg for help in heaven.

It won't be pleasant. On the other hand I'll be dead, resurrected and not be as pissed off at those dudes like today.

That's for another conversation but sweet lord that ticks me clean off thinking about it.

_69008263_69008262.jpg

BBC News - Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

Comment: You are the POPE!, you Jesuit!

What don't you like Creation?

Guess not....

Comment PS, this needs to stay in politics, you can't tell me the Catholic Church isn't part of politics....

Best answer the Pope could have given. Whether he thinks it's a sin or not, he isn't going to condemn them to death, like Islam does!

_69008263_69008262.jpg

BBC News - Pope Francis: Who am I to judge gay people?

Comment: You are the POPE!, you Jesuit!

What don't you like Creation?

Guess not....

Comment PS, this needs to stay in politics, you can't tell me the Catholic Church isn't part of politics....

Best answer the Pope could have given. Whether he thinks it's a sin or not, he isn't going to condemn them to death, like Islam does!

Were they asking him to condemn it to death.

Benedict was so entrenched in the old school church hierarchy that he was incapable of having an indeopendent or innovative thought or action. Th RCC is so out of touch with the world from years of intractable dogma that they are no longer relavent in modern society.

The context:

Church insiders say this is the first time in recent memory that a pope has given so much time to reporters — and done so off-script. Francis’s brief papacy has been marked by the candor of his comments on atheism, poverty and now, homosexuality, a topic that was broached when a reporter asked about allegations of corruption within a “gay lobby” of priests at the Vatican.

“When I meet a gay person, I have to distinguish between their being gay and being part of a lobby,” Francis said, according to a transcript provided by the National Catholic Reporter. He added that “the tendency [to homosexuality] is not the problem . . . they’re our brothers.”

Pope Francis: ?Who am I to judge?? | Ya Libnan | World News Live from Lebanon

Replied when asked about the Vatican's alleged "gay lobby" that while a lobby might be an issue, he doesn't have any problem with the inclination to homosexuality itself: "Who am I to judge them if they're seeking the Lord in good faith?" he said.

Pope on homosexuals: 'Who am I to judge?' | National Catholic Reporter

Oh please, this Pope has been judging everyone since day one. I like most of what he has said but to say BS like who is he to judge is just that BS. What if I beat my wife, who is he to judge me? Who is anyone by what I am hearing so far? The Pope apparently has a problem understanding the difference between "Judge not less ye be judged" and "By their fruits thou shalt know them." Both deal with judgment.

That all said, if the Pope is OK with gay sex then fine just say so don't give us a bunch of BS about judgment.

He's not saying that. Now I have left the Church for many reasons but I will defend doctrine.

Where did he say he was cool with gay sex? He didn't did he?

Judgement on the other hand is a whole different ball game. We are not to judge. It's up to the big guy.

Pope's right.

Not saying being gay is the same as any of the following but...

Who is the Pope to judge who is a good person and who is not?

Who is he to judge a pedophile?

Who is he to judge a adulterer?

Who is he to judge a blasphemer?

Who is he to judge anyone? Anything goes.....

Your salvation is the judgment of God, the Pope or anyone else indeed is not one to judge.

He has big time.

That's a whole different issue though. His Holy Father is trying to deal with consentual adults. I really pity him trying to sort this out.

I'm just thrilled that he made the blanket condemnation of all pedophiles within the Church.

Who is he to judge pedophiles?

The law of the land. I cannot and you may correct me if you can I can't think of one country who endorses pedophilia.

Now I do understand the dancing boys. That's a weird pocket of the universe. Tribal and distant.

But that's the only one I can think of. Of the whole planet.

I am quite sure my point is being missed. We all judge everyone and everything. We judge pedophiles to be a scourge on society. We judge those who beat their wives to be vile people. We judge those who give a lot to charity good people. We judge every single day. To say that all of a sudden gays are above this judgment is pure BS. He can say what he wants about gays but to say he has not made a judgment is, again, BS.

Forum List

Back