Pop Up Ad Blocking Forum Switch Link/Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
But my original point remains valid, because I have ALWAYS had my resolution set at 800x600, and I have never before even noticed that ad, let alone having it block the Forum jump menu. The ad is a new one. It never used to be there, regardless of where you see it in a horizontal direction.

I have a solution for ya. Don't go to the bottom and search forums that way. :lol:
I never do anyhow...

Never mind all that - I see the problem. It's a screen resolution problem. I run my resolution at 800x600, the lowest possible resolution. I do that because the higher resolutions cause my eyes to burn.

Just for giggles, set your resolution at 800x600 and then take a look at the ad. It will cover everything but the Go button. I raised the resolution and the ad moved over to the left, big time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Noooooooooooooooooo
I have a 24'' widescreen monitor and I am not about to do that to myself!!

Why not? It won't hurt anything. Put it back again after you check it out. You do know how to change screen resolution, right? Start/Control Panel, etc.

Never mind all that - I see the problem. It's a screen resolution problem. I run my resolution at 800x600, the lowest possible resolution. I do that because the higher resolutions cause my eyes to burn.

Just for giggles, set your resolution at 800x600 and then take a look at the ad. It will cover everything but the Go button. I raised the resolution and the ad moved over to the left, big time.

Noooooooooooooooooo

Why not? It won't hurt anything. Put it back again after you check it out. You do know how to change screen resolution, right? Start/Control Panel, etc.
yeah, she knows
she built her own computer

with a little help from me
:D

But my original point remains valid, because I have ALWAYS had my resolution set at 800x600, and I have never before even noticed that ad, let alone having it block the Forum jump menu. The ad is a new one. It never used to be there, regardless of where you see it in a horizontal direction.

What browser are you running? I know Firefox, Chrome, and Safari have extensions that you can download which will block all ads from showing up on webpages.

I see you're using Internet Explorer. I would say change your browser to one of the one's I mentioned and get AdBlock which will make it so you don't see any ads.

Last edited:

What browser are you running? I know Firefox, Chrome, and Safari have extensions that you can download which will block all ads from showing up on webpages.

I see you're using Internet Explorer. I would say change your browser to one of the one's I mentioned and get AdBlock which will make it so you don't see any ads.

At work, I have IE. At home, I have Firefox. Popup blocking is enabled on both browsers.

The ad I am talking about is not a popup. It is a permanent ad that appears at the bottom of the page when you are in a thread. It is a Google ad. I would venture to say that it is visible to everyone here - whatever browser you use, whether or not you have a popup blocker enabled, whether or not you are a site contributor.

As mentioned above, my problem turned out to be a resolution problem. When I increase my resolution, the ad "moves" over to the left and no longer obscures the forum jump window/field.

Noooooooooooooooooo

yeah, she knows
she built her own computer

with a little help from me
:D

Yes, you did, and I thank you. You let me rant (not that you had a choice :lol:), you helped figure out things. Things had changed a good bit since I had built my last one.

At work, I have IE. At home, I have Firefox. Popup blocking is enabled on both browsers.

The ad I am talking about is not a popup. It is a permanent ad that appears at the bottom of the page when you are in a thread. It is a Google ad. I would venture to say that it is visible to everyone here - whatever browser you use, whether or not you have a popup blocker enabled, whether or not you are a site contributor.

As mentioned above, my problem turned out to be a resolution problem. When I increase my resolution, the ad "moves" over to the left and no longer obscures the forum jump window/field.
install adblockplus plugin for FF
i dont get ANY ad at the bottom

AdBlock for these browsers makes ads embedded on websites, like the one you're describing, disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back