The Attack of the pop-up cannibals....

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Dear moderators,

I assume you are aware of the absolutely rampant pop up mechanisms that have become so numerous on these pages that they threaten to crowd each other out once activated.

Hardly can I touch the phone screen surface without creating an unruly avalanche of advertisements peeking and popping in from all directions that leave almost nothing of the screen surface to compose, respond or even edit.

If one's fingertips are not surgically accurate we are quickly taken away
by redirective hi-jacking to some Google Fantasyland with a plethora of products for sale.

The Amazon ad in particular is onerous to the nth degree. It totally covers the page and is devilishly difficult to shut down and get rid of. More often than not it will crash the browser rather than to give up its death grip over the page you are trying to access.

One gets the impression being engaged in a foil battle wherein each approach of the fingertip to the screen is met with an equally dexterous robotic counter-parry coming back from the other side of the screen preventing you from seeing what it is you're trying to see.

One literally has to duel with the screen to bang out a post.

Good luck with all that.

Jo

Ad
Dear moderators,

I assume you are aware of the absolutely rampant pop up mechanisms that have become so numerous on these pages that they threaten to crowd each other out once activated.

Hardly can I touch the phone screen surface without creating an unruly avalanche of advertisements peeking and popping in from all directions that leave almost nothing of the screen surface to compose, respond or even edit.

by redirective hi-jacking to some Google Fantasyland with a plethora of products for sale.

The Amazon ad in particular is onerous to the nth degree. It totally covers the page and is devilishly difficult to shut down and get rid of. More often than not it will crash the browser rather than to give up its death grip over the page you are trying to access.

One gets the impression being engaged in a foil battle wherein each approach of the fingertip to the screen is met with an equally dexterous robotic counter-parry coming back from the other side of the screen preventing you from seeing what it is you're trying to see.

Good luck with all that.

Jo
Adblocker plus handles it just fine.

My Ad Block struggled for a day or two but seems to have outwitted the onslaught

I used to use Ad Block Plus on this Win XP machine until it got so unstable that Firefox shut it off. Just using the built-in ad blockers in Firefox blocks every single ad for some reason.

My Ad Block struggled for a day or two but seems to have outwitted the onslaught

I used to use Ad Block Plus on this Win XP machine until it got so unstable that Firefox shut it off. Just using the built-in ad blockers in Firefox blocks every single ad for some reason.

I kept getting an annoying pop up vid lower left of my screen...then it stopped. Using Chrome and Ad Block. I figured the Ad Block guru's figured it out

I kept getting an annoying pop up vid lower left of my screen...then it stopped. Using Chrome and Ad Block. I figured the Ad Block guru's figured it out

I do most of my posting from the phone.... Once in a while on the computer.

Jo

Ad popups are home invaders. Not real popular with me, but the other morning I opened my computer to have 50 popups before I could go online. And once I got online, it continued. How they got in was publishing a blurb about "go hear and read on such-and-such a (news) event".... then they take you to a merchant site, and it's how do I get outta this place! I just always say no now.

People have ads?

Amazing.
The America many of us grew up in did not have to put up with obnoxious online bullies pushing their crap so hard they make enemies for their companies. Now, I just don't care. I hit no 50 times as needed, then move on when the door opens.

Dear moderators,

Good luck with all that.

Jo
It has gotten ridiculous. I could take the small crap at bottom of screen, now it takes over everything. I go to type something and the damn ad gets in the way.
I am looking at one inch of screen between ads to type even this.
I have no room in memory left for ad blocking apps.

Dear advertisers.
I will never buy your shit. In fact I hate you and your product and your ads only convinced me you are more concerned with quantity of items sold over quality.

Put your money into improving your product and service which actually convinces people your product is worth it.
No ad has ever convinced me to buy anything or ever will.

Forum List

Back