Pop Up Ad Blocking Forum Switch Link/Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Costanza

A Friendly Liberal
Mar 10, 2009
Los Angeles area.
Here - I've got a little "feedback" for you:

Why, all of a sudden, am I getting a GOD DAMN POP UP AD that covers over the forum switch window at the bottom of the screen?

Last time I looked, I donated some bucks to this site. I thought that was supposed to free one from the ANNNOYING presence of OBNXIOUS AND UNWANTED pop up ads.

Just sayin . . .

And, I just noticed - this one is particularly insidious because one of the ads is a Google ad for, guess what - a pop up blocker. Greedy sons of bitches!

Last edited:

You've got one word for me - and that word is Firefox.

I hear ya, brother. Come to think of it, I am now on my work computer, which uses IE while my at home computer is, of course, Firefox. You tellin' me this ain't gonna happen to me at home?

Methinks you are . . . .

Thanks.

Georgie go in your FF and set it to block pop up's...and then add on Adblock Plus.

I get no pop up's and never did..

Georgie go in your FF and set it to block pop up's...and then add on Adblock Plus.

Maybe I misunderstood Dude's comment. I thought he was saying I should USE Firefox.

I am getting the popups with IE. I don't notice them at home where I use Firefox. I'll check tonight when I go home.

Maybe I misunderstood Dude's comment. I thought he was saying I should USE Firefox.

I am getting the popups with IE. I don't notice them at home where I use Firefox. I'll check tonight when I go home.

Then go in you IE and do the same..set you pop up blocker to block..

Thing is, I haven't set Firefox to block any popups. I think it does it automatically. In any event, I'm off to muck around in IE's settings . . . :eek:

Edit note: Popup blocker IS enabled. I'm still getting them.

Last edited:

Thing is, I haven't set Firefox to block any popups. I think it does it automatically. In any event, I'm off to muck around in IE's settings . . . :eek:

Edit note: Popup blocker IS enabled. I'm still getting them.

ummm when is the last time you checked for viruses/malware?

OK - Kat, Dude, et. al. -

Open a thread. Any thread. Go to the bottom of the screen. You know the little window/fired down there on the lower right that enables you to jump to some other forum? You know - the one where, if you click on it, it opens up a huge drop down (or usually up) menu that lists all of the forum on the board? And just to the right of it is the button that says "Go"?

Do you see an ad there? Perhaps I should not have referred to it as a popup, because it isn't a popuup - it's permanently there, although it will change content every so often.

That ad did not used to be there. Now, it is there. It blocks your vision of just about everything except the Go button. If you click on the activate arrow, the drop down/up menu will appear on top of the ad, but if you don't, all you will see is the Go button.

Tell me that ad isn't there on your screen. I'm betting it is.

OK - Kat, Dude, et. al. -

Open a thread. Any thread. Go to the bottom of the screen. You know the little window/fired down there on the lower right that enables you to jump to some other forum? You know - the one where, if you click on it, it opens up a huge drop down (or usually up) menu that lists all of the forum on the board? And just to the right of it is the button that says "Go"?

Do you see an ad there? Perhaps I should not have referred to it as a popup, because it isn't a popuup - it's permanently there, although it will change content every so often.

That ad did not used to be there. Now, it is there. It blocks your vision of just about everything except the Go button. If you click on the activate arrow, the drop down/up menu will appear on top of the ad, but if you don't, all you will see is the Go button.

Tell me that ad isn't there on your screen. I'm betting it is.

Well, I tested several times, and I just don't see it. :disbelief:

usmb.png

That is what I see....except not that color...LOL

See go on the right? No ad..

I dont know how to do a "screene capture"

but what i see is and "add" for pop up blocker from yahoo... lol It does not however block anything i need to do.

but what i see is and "add" for pop up blocker from yahoo... lol It does not however block anything i need to do.

To screen Capture you just do it on your keyboard...hit PrtScn and that takes the shot...then go to Paint and save, and you have it..
(I cropped..people didn't need to see my buznes! LOL)

To screen Capture you just do it on your keyboard...hit PrtScn and that takes the shot...then go to Paint and save, and you have it..

OK..got the PrtScn button...but Paint?

OK..got the PrtScn button...but Paint?

Look thru your Programs on your computer...depending on what version of Windows you have...would probably be under Tools...
Programs/Tools/Paint

OOPS...after you hit PrtScn, you then go to Paint, ans Paste. Then save..

Never mind all that - I see the problem. It's a screen resolution problem. I run my resolution at 800x600, the lowest possible resolution. I do that because the higher resolutions cause my eyes to burn.

Just for giggles, set your resolution at 800x600 and then take a look at the ad. It will cover everything but the Go button. I raised the resolution and the ad moved over to the left, big time.

But my original point remains valid, because I have ALWAYS had my resolution set at 800x600, and I have never before even noticed that ad, let alone having it block the Forum jump menu. The ad is a new one. It never used to be there, regardless of where you see it in a horizontal direction.

Never mind all that - I see the problem. It's a screen resolution problem. I run my resolution at 800x600, the lowest possible resolution. I do that because the higher resolutions cause my eyes to burn.

Just for giggles, set your resolution at 800x600 and then take a look at the ad. It will cover everything but the Go button. I raised the resolution and the ad moved over to the left, big time.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Noooooooooooooooooo
I have a 24'' widescreen monitor and I am not about to do that to myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back