• Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Religion

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Atheist or Agnostic

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
gop_jeff said:
Just out of curiousity, how do you define the difference between "Christian Fundamentalist" and "Other Christian?"
The way I see it Fundamentalists believe in Biblical inerrancy, while the others do not.

no1tovote4 said:
Why are all religions other than the western religions covered only under "other religion"?
I thought the categories I chose would cover over 90% of the members who chose to respond. Perhaps I shoud have added Buddhism and Hinduism, since each has so many adherants.

USViking said:
I scanned the links and did not see a clear conflict with my characterizations.

Is there a distinction you feel should be made?

Most Christians believe in Biblical inerrancy. Therefore, I think it's wrong to say that any Christian who believes in Biblical inerrancy is necessarily a Fundamentalist.

gop_jeff said:
Most Christians believe in Biblical inerrancy. Therefore, I think it's wrong to say that any Christian who believes in Biblical inerrancy is necessarily a Fundamentalist.
It might have been better if I had used the term "inerranist" instead.

I do not think they are a majority of Christians world-wide. Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian denomination, and it is not inerranist. I would think inerranism is relatively rare outside the US.

I am a spiritual person, although I dont subscribe to any particular religion.
I guess I could have checked 'other', but wasnt sure

I chose "other Christian".

As I have stated in other polls on this matter, I cannot stand organized Church, but I hold a "fundamentalist" view of the Bible although I am first to admit, I am far from a saint. I just do the best I can and take comfort in knowing that my sins are paid for as long as I don't lose sight of Who paid for them....

I voted “Othrr”. I don’t believe in Orgsnized Religion, but I definitely believe there is a God and that we have a Spiritual nature which will be judged at the time of our death.

I voted atheist even though atheism isn't a religion. However, if you want to stretch the definition of god you could count me as a scientific pantheist.

Forum List

Back