Poll: Would you vote for a presidential candidate who is an alcoholic?

(See the thread title) would you?

• Fuuuu... No

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Why not?

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Ai2sfQC.gif

If they'll tell me I can keep my guns, sure.
Ohh.. What about a drunk who thinks you'll be safer without a gun?

The sad part about this thread is that Donald Trump of course doesn't drink alcohol.

Because of course he 'relates' to the common man.

And can't blame alcohol for any of his stupidity- its all his.

So we have two candidates- neither of whom are alcoholics who are running for President.

One of them drinks socially- like the vast majority of people.
One of them doesn't drink at all- like a small minority of people.

Who would you vote for- the social drinker- or the abstainer?

The sad part about this thread is that Donald Trump of course doesn't drink alcohol.

So we have two candidates- neither of whom are alcoholics who are running for President.

I wouldn't say Hillary is social drinker. The woman has proven her tolerance for alcohol.
Trump doesn't drink.

I wouldn't say Hillary is social drinker. The woman has proven her tolerance for alcohol.
Trump doesn't drink.

Relevance? Anyone?

Trump doesn't drink.

Relevance? Anyone?
Can we assume you were the one who voted for having an alcoholic for president?

I voted for a recovering alcoholic - twice. And would do so again. A practicing alcoholic or pot head, etc., no. I am by no means a Hillary supporter in any regard, but I have seen no evidence that she is alcoholic. So that particular disqualification is not a factor in my decision not to vote for her. As for Trump, he does not drink at all so it is not a factor with him either.

I voted for a recovering alcoholic - twice. And would do so again. A practicing alcoholic or pot head, etc., no. I am by no means a Hillary supporter in any regard, but I have seen no evidence that she is alcoholic. So that particular disqualification is not a factor in my decision not to vote for her. As for Trump, he does not drink at all so it is not a factor with him either.
I work at a hospital where I'm often called by nursing to keep drunks and drug addicts from hurting anyone, including themselves. Having spent thousands of hours over the years talking with these people, I've learned most are good people with a kind heart.

Hillary is a different story. I think she has a serious problem she isn't willing to admit.
I'm convinced she has a serious problem with alcohol. I'm also surprised this hasn't come up before.

This is an issue we'll soon be seeing on the news. I'm ready to make that happen.

Stay tuned. :)

I work at a hospital where I'm often called by nursing to keep drunks and drug addicts from hurting anyone, including themselves. Having spent thousands of hours over the years talking with these people, I've learned most are good people with a kind heart.

Hillary is a different story. I think she has a serious problem she isn't willing to admit.
I'm convinced she has a serious problem with alcohol. I'm also surprised this hasn't come up before.

This is an issue we'll soon be seeing on the news. I'm ready to make that happen.

Few people realize the amount of character and courage that it takes for an alcoholic or drug addict to get sober and stay sober. It requires a heroic effort and deep personal insight and I have the greatest admiration for those able to accomplish it. But the truth is also that getting sober does not make an honest person of a dishonest one, and will not correct character flaws or personal instincts in anybody, or transform what is evil into saintliness. I agree Hillary Clinton has some deep seated psychology that prevents her from seeing the destructiveness of what she does, nor does she seem to have any conscience about it.

Few people realize the amount of character and courage that it takes for an alcoholic or drug addict to get sober and stay sober. It requires a heroic effort and deep personal insight and I have the greatest admiration for those able to accomplish it. But the truth is also that getting sober does not make an honest person of a dishonest one, and will not correct character flaws or personal instincts in anybody, or transform what is evil into saintliness. I agree Hillary Clinton has some deep seated psychology that prevents her from seeing the destructiveness of what she does, nor does she seem to have any conscience about it.
I agree with much of what you said. I also think it would be a horrible idea to elect anyone who has an addiction to any drug. That includes alcohol.

Forum List

Back