CDZ POLL: The "Is It Racist" Quiz

Which comments are racist?

• Total voters

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Started in the CDZ in an effort to keep name-calling to a minimum. I'm sure we can all do that.

Quick background: I'm of mixed race (half Hispanic half European), my wife is also of mixed race, as are (obviously) our beautiful children. Our Christmastime family photos put any Celebrate Diversity! poster to shame, from Spanish & Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-bloody whitey amongst us.

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gain advantage by spraying them around like water.

So let's see where we stand. Please identify all terms you would normally feel are racist, and please comment, thanks.

For the record, I picked #6 and #7. I think #5 is borderline, and would depend on the situation.

What does your poll even mean?

Do you really expect me to believe you wake up everyday and look at your color of your skin and says that defines you or someone else?

I picked 7. I disagree with 6 as it doesnt seem like actual racism. It sounds more like generalizing a situation or something

When you use races as a political bludgeon against your opponents ie Republicans are racist, all whites are racist. Well sugar. That’s racist.

When you use races as a political bludgeon against your opponents ie Republicans are racist, all whites are racist. Well sugar. That’s racist.

Agree look at his poll, Obama care? I don't think Obama was born in the US?

What kind of racist poll is this? And in the CDZ?????
That was his point man. People call it racism over the dumbest crap. Crap that isnt even CLOSE to being racist.

That was his point man. People call it racism over the dumbest crap. Crap that isnt even CLOSE to being racist.
Bingo, thanks.

Hopefully we can keep the trolling to a minimum here.

Started in the CDZ in an effort to keep name-calling to a minimum. I'm sure we can all do that.

Quick background: I'm of mixed race (half Hispanic half European), my wife is also of mixed race, as are (obviously) our beautiful children. Our Christmastime family photos put any Celebrate Diversity! poster to shame, from Spanish & Mexican to Japanese to Nigerian. Not a full-bloody whitey amongst us.

Perhaps as a result, I take the terms "racist" and "racism" very seriously, and it saddens me to see the way the terms have been diluted and trivialized by people who feel they gain advantage by spraying them around like water.

So let's see where we stand. Please identify all terms you would normally feel are racist, and please comment, thanks.

For the record, I picked #6 and #7. I think #5 is borderline, and would depend on the situation.
#7 is pretty much the definition of racism. #6 depends on what type of “something” and the circumstance. For example, if during the mid 1800’s I said something needs to be done about those black people because they shouldn’t be slaves, that would be the opposite of racist.

What does your poll even mean? Do you really expect me to believe you wake up everyday and look at your color of your skin and says that defines you or someone else?
Did I say that?

Straw man arguments help nothing. It's a very serious question. If you don't want to address it, don't.

Say what you putting I hate Obama care in your poll, or Obama wasn't born in America..

Is a straw man ridiculous asinine post

What does your poll even mean? Do you really expect me to believe you wake up everyday and look at your color of your skin and says that defines you or someone else?
Did I say that?

Straw man arguments help nothing. It's a very serious question. If you don't want to address it, don't.

Say what you putting I hate Obama care in your poll, or Obama wasn't born in America..

Great, thanks.

Hopefully you'll stop trolling my thread now.

Bingo, thanks.

Answer my question what does I hate Obama care have to do with racism?

Did I say that?

Great, thanks.

Hopefully you'll stop trolling my thread now.

I am not trolling I want to know what does I hate Obama care have to do with racism?

Answer the question..

Bingo, thanks.

Implication of the affirmative...

Bingo, thanks.

Please try to calm down.

First, the words actually used are "I don't like Obama", not "I hate Obama". Do you understand that?

Second, I don't think they have anything to do with racism. I'm just curious to see if someone does. And that's it.

Please stop trolling my thread.

Bingo, thanks.

Implication of the affirmative...

Seriously I want to know why would the OP put as choices Obama care and if obama was a natural born citizen in his poll..

What does those two have to deal with racism?

#7 is pretty much the definition of racism. #6 depends on what type of “something” and the circumstance. For example, if during the mid 1800’s I said something needs to be done about those black people because they shouldn’t be slaves, that would be the opposite of racist.
My intent with that one had to more to do with "I don't like their behaviors as a group, so they should be controlled in some way".

Something nice and ignorant like that.

:laugh:

Forum List

Back