Poll: Should the New York City police union be terminated?

Poll: Should the New York City police union be terminated?

• Yes

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 90.3%

• Total voters

So you want to "ban" a union simply because some of it's members TURNED THEIR BACKS ON SOMEONE THEY FELT SLIGHTED BY? No violence...not even a verbal assault...simply a group making their feelings known by turning their backs on a Mayor?

Bill de Blasio is an idiot...and so are you, Lakhota!

I'm glad to hear that you support unions! Teachers and government employees appreciate your support.

141203_POL_PoliceBrutalityProtest.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

"Poll: Should the New York City police union be terminated?"

This is an interesting aspect to the hypocrisy common to most on the right, where conservative dogma is overwhelmingly hostile to public sector unions – save that of the police.

Of course, if unions are beneficial to police officers, they're just as beneficial to other civil servants.

serpico.jpg

Serpico: Incidents like Eric Garner's death drive wedge between police and society

Cowardly cops living by the 'shoot first, ask questions later' mantra put the good guys in a bad light and threaten the public's right to justice.

Cowardly cops 'don't belong in the uniform', according to retired NYPD Officer Frank Serpico.

Was I surprised by the Staten Island grand jury? Of course not. When was the last time a police officer was indicted?

This is the use of excessive force for no apparent reason on a guy who is selling loosie cigarettes; what is the threat to your well-being? If a police officer's life is in danger, he has every right to use every force in his means to defend himself.

In the old days, they used to put a gun or a knife on somebody after a shooting. Now they don't even bother.

But today, we have cops crying wolf all the time. They testify "I was in fear of my life," the grand jury buys it, the DA winks and nods, and there's no indictment.

More: Frank Serpico on Eric Garner: Cops cry wolf all the time - NY Daily News

If you don't know who Frank Serpico is - you should make an effort to find out.

Forum List

Back