POLL: Should Pete Rose be reinstated and/or inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Should Pete Rose be Reinstated into MLB and/or enshrined in the Hall of Fame?

• Total voters
Funny, Pogo the canadian got his ass kicked in another thread about Rose...so he started a new one. :lmao: PATHETIC!

Funny, Pogo the canadian got his ass kicked in another thread about Rose...so he started a new one. :lmao: PATHETIC!

Actually it was Pop23's idea. Who agrees with me. After at least three others in a row agreed with me. So I was bored with winning and came to place bets on my own point.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

:itsok:

Wow, we got through 23 posts before some wag tried to make it political.

USMB record. :eusa_dance:

When Pete Rose was banned, he signed an agreement (devil's pact with MLB) that the details would not be revealed by MLB. I have to believe there is much more to it than he bet on his own team. Perhaps, Pete knows he'll never be reinstated? He can at least salvage his image by pretending that he is a victim and thusly gain various business contracts. Personally, I don't think PR is a sympathetic character. But all the knuckleheads on talk radio who need to fill dead air will spend hours droning on about poor Pete; and all the drones are gonna buy into it.

Actually it was Pop23's idea. Who agrees with me. After at least three others in a row agreed with me. So I was bored with winning and came to place bets on my own point.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

Yeah...ok. I also thought you had me on ignore. Pathetic! You and Gracie should hook up...you two idiots were made for each other.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

Is Pete Rose in the HOF?

I think you are still losing.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

Is Pete Rose in the HOF?

Uh -- no, that means baseball is losing. As in credibility.

"You lose" above isn't related to that; it's a note to a troll. And it's true.

When Pete Rose was banned, he signed an agreement (devil's pact with MLB) that the details would not be revealed by MLB. I have to believe there is much more to it than he bet on his own team. Perhaps, Pete knows he'll never be reinstated? He can at least salvage his image by pretending that he is a victim and thusly gain various business contracts. Personally, I don't think PR is a sympathetic character. But all the knuckleheads on talk radio who need to fill dead air will spend hours droning on about poor Pete; and all the drones are gonna buy into it.

I don't know where you get that idea. You can get the details on freaking Wikipedia.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

Is Pete Rose in the HOF?

canadian logic is flawed.

I'm still winning.

You lose.

Is Pete Rose in the HOF?

Rose gambled and lost. He hurt the game and all his accomplishments we negated by his breaking the rules.

The same with the steroid users, they should not be allowed in the HOF.

Pete Rose, holder of a lot of baseball records including most hits ever by anyone (4,256) has petitioned the new Commissioner of Baseball for reinstatement. He's been banned from involvement with the sport, and the Hall of Fame, since 1989.

(Wiki): Rose, a switch hitter, is the all-time Major League leader in hits (4,256), games played (3,562), at-bats (14,053), singles (3,215), and outs (10,328).[1] He won three World Series rings, three batting titles, one Most Valuable Player Award, two Gold Gloves, the Rookie of the Year Award, and also made 17 All-Star appearances at an unequaled five different positions (2B, LF, RF, 3B, & 1B).

What do you think? And has your opinion changed?

I personally think you can't have a Hall of Fame without including possibly your best-ever player, and that the issues of gambling and the issues of performance as a player, are separate issues.

Play ball!
Not a Pete Rose expert, but didn't he just bet on his own team to win? If so, give him his due.

exactly.as i said before on that other thread,there are others in the game such as Ty Cobb that did things just as bad yet they are in.Its a disgrace that he has not been allowed in even though pretty much everyone around the country wants him in.Its not like he went out and committed murder or anything like OJ Simpson.

If cheaters Barry Bonds and Roger Clemons who disgraced the game far worse than he ever did are allowed on the ballot,then Rose should be as well.:cuckoo::mad::mad::mad:

Forum List

Back