NWA to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

N.W.A. To Be Inducted Into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Next Year

...and it makes the haters mad lol

The first people to say "Fuck the Police" and tell about police abuse, harassment and even talking about how even black cops are as bad and sometimes worse. If you've seen Straight Outta Compton or have been a fan you KNOW how influential this group has been.

But Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...They are just catching up with this acknowledgement.

What did NWA ever have to do with Rock?

White people just want something else to co-opt like they did with Rock and Elvis
its not white peoples fault black people kind of abandoned rock.....even Hendrix used to wonder why there was hardly any blacks in rock audiences.... and how did white people co-op Elvis,a white guy?....

Elvis co-opted Rock dumbass. Blacks invented it and whites co-opted it. Like everything else. Who's fault doesnt concern me, I'm posting facts

The first people to say "Fuck the Police" and tell about police abuse, harassment and even talking about how even black cops are as bad and sometimes worse. If you've seen Straight Outta Compton or have been a fan you KNOW how influential this group has been.

But Fuck the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...They are just catching up with this acknowledgement.

White people just want something else to co-opt like they did with Rock and Elvis

Huh???? You must be an Eminem fan. right?

The idea of co-opting music confuses you. We cant discuss anything more because it would be a waste if thats brings about confusion

Child in Time is one of the greatest hard rock songs ever. Ian Gillan is one of the greatest hard rock singers ever. And that Mach II version of Deep Purple is one of the greatest rock bands ever.

IMO.

Also, IMO, I think they had greater compositions, at least more intriguing and pleasing compositions than Led Zeppelin. But you have to enjoy hard rock to even begin to appreciate them.

Do you realize how much Blackmore changed his guitar style between Mach I & II it's like he was 2 totally different people and it wasn't just switching from the Gibson to the Strat

The idea of co-opting music confuses you. We cant discuss anything more because it would be a waste if thats brings about confusion

Best Rapper Evah!!!
Eminem2.jpg

Child in Time is one of the greatest hard rock songs ever. Ian Gillan is one of the greatest hard rock singers ever. And that Mach II version of Deep Purple is one of the greatest rock bands ever.

IMO.

Also, IMO, I think they had greater compositions, at least more intriguing and pleasing compositions than Led Zeppelin. But you have to enjoy hard rock to even begin to appreciate them.

Do you realize how much Blackmore changed his guitar style between Mach I & II it's like he was 2 totally different people and it wasn't just switching from the Gibson to the Strat

Yes, I do realize. Two totally different styles of songs altogether. And to be honest with you, I enjoyed Mach I with Rod Evans and their three albums just as much as Mach II. But after Ian Gillan left things changed too much for me.

Made in Japan is one of the very best live albums, IMO. Child in Time, though, is my favorite Deep Purple song.

Well now that was interesting. But what was I hearing mostly... it was Ritchie off the album and not his guitar I suspect?

And don't tell me that was you in the video?

Both the live versions and the studio versions are great, but the solos are much different. Ritchie was what guys like me and my friends in our late teens really sought after back then. The pot helped, too.

its not white peoples fault black people kind of abandoned rock.....even Hendrix used to wonder why there was hardly any blacks in rock audiences.... and how did white people co-op Elvis,a white guy?....

Elvis co-opted Rock dumbass. Blacks invented it and whites co-opted it. Like everything else. Who's fault doesnt concern me, I'm posting facts
typical of you CC,someone says something you dont agree with and the name calling begins.....one white guy liked black blues and early rock enough to get into it and became successful and so because of that black people stayed away from rock?....many and i mean many of the blues guys from the 50's were very glad that white performers were playing their songs.....
Blacks invented it and whites co-opted it. Like everything else.
what else did blacks invent that whites "co-opted"?...getting into something is not co-opting unless they try to say they invented it.....show me a white musician who claims blacks did not invent rock...and please dont quote some fucking racist white guy....

If you think him being successful has anything to do with any actions by blacks then you aren't fit for this conversation

If you think him being successful has anything to do with any actions by blacks then you aren't fit for this conversation
did i say him being successful had to do with actions by blacks?....it was because he was a good looking white kid who could sing....and remember 2 of the biggest composers of "black music" were 2 white jewish guys.....did the blacks who sang their songs "co-opt" their music?...

Who the check is NWA? What a joke almost as bad as bubble gum rock cheap trick getting in.

Who the check is NWA? What a joke almost as bad as bubble gum rock cheap trick getting in.
They're rappers. The rock n roll hall of fame is a complete joke. Even mainstream rock radio station announcers don't afford them any credit. Totally arbitrary bs. But the people involved seem to have fun with it, meh.

The fact that it took 30+years for the R&RHoF to induct Rush shows me how truly inconsequential that organisation is. Good for N.W.A.(does rap count as R&R?) but I could give a flying crap about the asshats who run that particular institution.

They're rappers. The rock n roll hall of fame is a complete joke. Even mainstream rock radio station announcers don't afford them any credit. Totally arbitrary bs. But the people involved seem to have fun with it, meh.

I never even heard of them till today.

Black people are jealous.

did i say him being successful had to do with actions by blacks?...

Yes, you asked if Elvis being successful had something to do with blacks "staying away" from Rock. Literally right above you.

it was because he was a good looking white kid who could sing....and remember 2 of the biggest composers of "black music" were 2 white jewish guys.....did the blacks who sang their songs "co-opt" their music?...

Even more evidence they Co opted blacks music.

Well now that was interesting. But what was I hearing mostly... it was Ritchie off the album and not his guitar I suspect?

And don't tell me that was you in the video?

Both the live versions and the studio versions are great, but the solos are much different. Ritchie was what guys like me and my friends in our late teens really sought after back then. The pot helped, too.

Not me. The guy played with the solo and pretty much nailed it. I don't play much anymore

Forum List

Back