Poll: Rate the Worst Scandal

Which scandal involved the greatest Presidential culpability?

• Watergate (Nixon)

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Iran-Contra (Reagan)

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Lewinski-Lying (Clinton)

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Benghazi (Obama)

Votes: 22 40.0%

• Total voters
Benghazi because 4 Americans died and the government ran with a complete lie. What's evern worse is Liberals want to brush it under the carpet because a Democrat is in office. The truth doesn't matter as long as you can stay in power.

It's sad that 4 people died, but I don't think there was time to do anything about it and what you call lying many would call a difference of opinion. On the other hand, selling arms to hostage takers and giving the proceeds to terrorists, is truly scummy.

But why did Obama and others in his administration appear to blame this on a YouTube video? This is what I don't get and this is why the word "scandal" is being used.

Lol it's Reagan vs. Obama. So in reality it's just the liberals and the conservatives fighting over their favorite guy.

This place is gay sometimes.

Benghazi because 4 Americans died and the government ran with a complete lie. What's evern worse is Liberals want to brush it under the carpet because a Democrat is in office. The truth doesn't matter as long as you can stay in power.

It's sad that 4 people died, but I don't think there was time to do anything about it and what you call lying many would call a difference of opinion. On the other hand, selling arms to hostage takers and giving the proceeds to terrorists, is truly scummy.

But why did Obama and others in his administration appear to blame this on a YouTube video? This is what I don't get and this is why the word "scandal" is being used.

Where's the crime? People were convicted and went to jail for Iran-contra.

Where's the crime? People were convicted and went to jail for Iran-contra.

You didn't answer my question. Why was the President talking about a YouTube video when they knew that same day what it was?

A president and his national intelligence leaders conspired and then broke the law of the land. Then everybody lied about it, jwoodie.

Which of the following scandals involved the greatest Presidential culpability?

Watergate. Its the only Presidential scandal which required the POTUS to step down.

Only because it was a Republican.

If it had been a Democrat the result would have been the same as Clinton's impeachment. Democrats don't like to admit blame nor do they accept responsibility. It's agains't their long-term interests. Accepting blame has lasting repercussions.

I don't know how many felonies or acts of espionage the Obama administration is guilty of but the list grows longer every day. The latest is this French computor hacking scandal. The world doesn't trust us anymore. Before they didn't like us. Now we're a threat to everyone other than the enemy.

Last edited:

Watergate. Its the only Presidential scandal which required the POTUS to step down.

If it had been a Democrat the result would have been the same as Clinton's impeachment. Democrats don't like to admit blame nor do they accept responsibility. It's agains't their long-term interests. Accepting blame has lasting repercussions.

I don't know how many felonies or acts of espionage the Obama administration is guilty of but the list grows longer every day. The latest is this Frence computor hacking scandal. The world doesn't trust us anymore. Before they didn't like us. Now we're a threat to everyone other than the enemy.

Nixon was about to call out the national guard.

He had to be talked down and out of office.

Man..

This was the guy that wanted to flood a Vietnamese valley to kill nearly a quarter million people in a single day. Kissinger, the crown prince of evil, had to talk him out of that one.

Iran-Contra. You're talking about active negotiation with pretty horrible elements that wanted to kill us, arming some pretty terrible people, and money/weapons laundering on a scale such that if Reagan didn't know, then he really wasn't in control of his office.

There's growing evidence that Nixon's only crime in Watergate was the cover-up and Clinton's thing was absolutely a ridiculous waste of taxpayer money on the GOP's part.

We don't know enough about Benghazi to really justify the anger right now. It's looking like incompetence before the attack and incompetence after, which isn't actually a crime.

I don't know how many felonies or acts of espionage the Obama administration is guilty of but the list grows longer every day. The latest is this Frence computor hacking scandal. The world doesn't trust us anymore. Before they didn't like us. Now we're a threat to everyone other than the enemy.

Man..

This was the guy that wanted to flood a Vietnamese valley to kill nearly a quarter million people in a single day. Kissinger, the crown prince of evil, had to talk him out of that one.

Bombing them is not so bad then.

Nixon was an asshole, but he did get us out of Vietnam after Kennedy and LBJ got us in.

Which scandal cost the lives of the most people?

Iran-contra. The contras were notorious for their death squads when they were in power, killing priests, nuns and anyone else they didn't like. I doubt they changed much when they were in the opposition, to a legally elected government, I might add.

Which scandal cost the lives of the most people?

Iran-contra. The contras were notorious for their death squads when they were in power, killing priests, nuns and anyone else they didn't like. I doubt they changed much when they were in the opposition, to a legally elected government, I might add.

So when they're fighting commies in central america they're murderers. When they're killing women raped by Qaddafi troops they're freedom-fighters.

Eisenhower got us in, mud. Read your history.

Man..

Bombing them is not so bad then.

Nixon was an asshole, but he did get us out of Vietnam after Kennedy and LBJ got us in.

Getting your dick sucked is such a scandal.

The two Republican scandals mentioned really are scandals.

The last one is just more Republican fail. Hoping something sticks to this president. What else do those idiots have?

Perjury... A felony... that is the issue... not whether he got his dick sucked, ass reamed, or if he got skull fucked by Hillary with a strap-on

Bill did the right thing, and the American population sustained him in the congressional elections of 1998.

How far back we going? Grant had a big one. Then there was Teapot Dome, Watergate, Iran-contra. Funny how they were all Republican scandals. The best they could get on the Dems were Kennedy's and Clinton's extra-curricular activities. Hardly on a par with the way the Reps carried on! :cool:

All of the Democrap scandals get swept under the rug eventually.

Chappaquiddick
Whitewater Billing
Barney Franks' scandals
Sandy Berger's Docs in Socks
Weinergate
Eliot Spitzer
Jack Murtha and Abscam
Gary Studds molestation scandal
Marion Barry coke sting
Jerry Springer prostitution

Presidential scandals?

and al the items above were definitely not swept under any rug. :eusa_shhh: and a few of them aren't what you would portray them as with your partisan colored glasses

Forum List

Back