Poll. Please Vote. Did You Have a Mother & Father in Your Life?

Did you have regular contact with both a mother and father in life & think it was important?

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a democrat) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a democrat) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a democrat) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a moderate/independent) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (I'm a republican) Yes. But no it was not important to me

• (I'm a republican) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (I'm a republican) No. And no, it didn't bother me

• (Other) Yes. And yes it was important to me

• (Other) Yes. But not it was not important to me

• (Other) No. But yes I longed for contact with both of them

• (Other) No. And no, it didn't bother me

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whiny pussies: "Gay marriage discredits and mocks my marriage." :crybaby:
No it mocks marriage, period. The word. The institution created to give mothers and fathers to children in a stable way.

It's like renaming zebras "skyscrapers". Or like McDonalds saying "hamburgers will no longer be offered for sale at McDonalds' worldwide".

If your marriage is mocked by another couple getting married then your marriage is the one you need to be concerned with, not mine.

Based upon what I have read of his, I would think he must be well acquainted with being mocked.

Well did you read the poll too? It says 85% of people, if they really thought about marriage well, would realize gay marriage goes against their core beliefs of what children should derive from it.

The question is still relevant. Are fatherless/motherless marriages OK to force on the states to incentivize when states are in the business of incentivizing the best possible home environment in which to raise children (marriage)?

So this is just a survey to see who had contact with both their mother and father in life. And how important people feel about that for children.
My father was a pedophile he molested both of his daughters when they were 14. He pushed me into having sex with my girlfriends.

I had to go with other.

I'm somewhere between a Republican and Moderate Independent
As for my parents, I had them both until I was 6. I did have a mom and step dad.
I longed for a father, but not the one(s) I had.

I had to go with other.

As for my parents, I had them both until I was 6. I did have a mom and step dad.
So you think it's important for a child to have both a mom & dad?

I had to go with other.

If they are decent parents, otherwise, better to have a missing mom or dad than a piece of shit one

If they are decent parents, otherwise, better to have a missing mom or dad than a piece of shit one
OK so overall, not just your situation, you feel it's good for a kid to have both a mom and dad. And we'd hope they were decent people, yes? Or you don't think it's important? I'm just trying to nail that part down.

OK so overall, not just your situation, you feel it's good for a kid to have both a mom and dad. And we'd hope they were decent people, yes? Or you don't think it's important? I'm just trying to nail that part down.
Very important, yes

The question is still relevant. Are fatherless/motherless marriages OK to force on the states to incentivize when states are in the business of incentivizing the best possible home environment in which to raise children (marriage)?

Yes- a fatherless/motherless marriage is okay- since states happily endorse the marriages of 80 year old couples.

States have many responsibilities- among them the protection of children.

If States sole concern with the welfare of children was to ensure that children had a mother and father who were married- then the State would not allow for divorce.

Instead States have no-fault divorce- where the welfare of children does not determine whether or not mom and dad can get divorced.

Queen of the false premises continues on her quest to injure homosexuals and children.

So this is just a survey to see who had contact with both their mother and father in life. And how important people feel about that for children.
My father was a pedophile he molested both of his daughters when they were 14. He pushed me into having sex with my girlfriends.

But according to Silhouette- that is better for the kids than you having two mom's.

And by the way- I made light of the very real tragedy of your families experiences. I appreciate you contributing your point of view to the conversation.

Very important, yes
So....

Do you support or oppose gay marriage?
I think it's overall detrimental to society and stability. However, I am a supporter of a majority deciding what they want. Personally, I oppose it

Very important, yes
So....

I think it's overall detrimental to society and stability. However, I am a supporter of a majority deciding what they want. Personally, I oppose it
So you're OK with California, for example, saying that marriage is only between a man and a woman by their majority vote (twice, and still standing as law in their Constitution to this day)?

I'm an indepentent who was fortunate to have had a mother and a father as head of household. I learned separate and valuable lessons from each as well as those values they held in common. It was a perfect, imperfect family within which I was given the tools to use in accepting or avoiding those choices and repercusions I would come to make as I struck out on my own. I payed attention to some of them. :eusa_doh:

Very important, yes
So....

So you're OK with California, for example, saying that marriage is only between a man and a woman by their majority vote (twice, and still standing as law in their Constitution to this day)?
Sure, but doesn't Federal Law override that?

Forum List

Back