Poll: peeling carrots?

Do you peel carrots before use?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • "Peel carrots"? Are you insane? Carrots have no skin!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No but I peel pineapples

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just rinse veggies under cold water and rub them with my hands. I don't have a scrubby thing. I used to have one but I rarely used it because my hands and fingers work better to get into crevices and such to get the dirt out.

That's disgusting. You don't know where that hand has been. :ack-1:

What I can tell about ChrisL, I'm pretty sure where that hand has been.

What I can tell about you is that nobody has had their hands on you because that would be revolting. :D

Don't get your panties in a knot.

Go take a long walk off a short pier and do everyone a favor please. Thanks for your cooperation. I can do without your tard comments where you try to insult other people.

I remember hearing at one point that microwaving your veggies took out nutrients, but lately I've been reading the opposite, that it actually is better to cook your veggies in a microwave because of the shorter heating time, and they maintain more nutritional value. I rarely use my microwave though. It is mostly for just warming things up in my house.

I've never even used a microwave. Ever. Wouldn't even know how to run one.
Youre missing out man. Steam in bag veggies for dinners on the run, my vitals vs. My hectic schedule are finally at a balance.

I like my veggies raw. Or if they have to be cooked, steamed.

A restaurant in N'awlins has a dish I love called "sauteed vegetable plate", with eggplant, zucchini, onion, carrot, bell peps, cauliflower, broccoli and yellow basmati rice topped with mozarella and feta and baked. I've been making it with steamed instead of stir-fried veggies. Comes out pretty good.

Theres mixed info regarding the nutrients in veggies and cooking them. Im not jokeyjoke Bob for a moment, Im actually qualified to discuss these things bereave meh.

Broccoli, I buy the steam in bag stuff and cook it for 1.5 mins less than instructed (so 3mins), and take the end game and use it in my magic bullet. Immulsified. Thats how I injest my vegetables. No more enjoyment in food for me. Its fuel for the machine period end of. And thats life.

I remember hearing at one point that microwaving your veggies took out nutrients, but lately I've been reading the opposite, that it actually is better to cook your veggies in a microwave because of the shorter heating time, and they maintain more nutritional value. I rarely use my microwave though. It is mostly for just warming things up in my house.

I've never even used a microwave. Ever. Wouldn't even know how to run one.
Youre missing out man. Steam in bag veggies for dinners on the run, my vitals vs. My hectic schedule are finally at a balance.

I like my veggies raw. Or if they have to be cooked, steamed.

A restaurant in N'awlins has a dish I love called "sauteed vegetable plate", with eggplant, zucchini, onion, carrot, bell peps, cauliflower, broccoli and yellow basmati rice topped with mozarella and feta and baked. I've been making it with steamed instead of stir-fried veggies. Comes out pretty good.

I prefer peas raw. When I was a little girl, my parents had a garden in the backyard and tons of peas. I would sneak peas all the time out of the garden. They are SO good when they are raw and fresh. So sweet and delicious. Yum! So much better than frozen or canned.

I just rinse veggies under cold water and rub them with my hands. I don't have a scrubby thing. I used to have one but I rarely used it because my hands and fingers work better to get into crevices and such to get the dirt out.

What I can tell about you is that nobody has had their hands on you because that would be revolting. :D

Go take a long walk off a short pier and do everyone a favor please. Thanks for your cooperation. I can do without your tard comments where you try to insult other people.

Yes mistress. I'll try to do better. Just don't hit me with that whip again

I'll just kill you instead. :D

Also theres mixed info on flash frozen vs. Fresh. I tip my hand towards flash frozen, as freshER, believe it or not. Grain of salt people.

I love raw mushrooms. Fresh plucked, washed in cold water really well, salted, plop in the mouth! Or sliced and put in a salad. No cooked shrooms, please. Ick. Same with carrots. RAW! Dipped in low fat ranch dressing. YUM!
I also like those little mini red/yellow/orange peppers, sliced green/pimento olives, lightly cooked in Smart Balance, then poured over gluten free pizza and sprinkled with turkey bacon. Or, a gluten free flour tortilla and rolled up as a burrito.

Mostly, I get my veggie needs from V8 Infusion. For vitamins and minerals...Ensure does the trick. If I feel the need for protein....poached egg on toast with the crust cut off. That's about what I eat every day. No more big meals any more. No need for it.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

I'll just kill you instead. :D

You know I love it when you talk tough like that.

This thread isn't as sexy as the title suggests. :(

Hey Pogo! ;)

winning-the-contest-kick-back-like-a-boss-meme-24799.jpg

My scummy uncle once told me.... the fastest way to a mans heart is NOT through the stomach.

Its through a vagina.

And the fastest way to a womans heart.. its a tie between oral and.......through a vagina.

BUT hes a fuckin dirtball. And I believe in love and romance and all thiS nonsense. So to peel a carrot not to peel a carrot? Base it on how Hipster she acts about oh organic this and farm fresh that. The more likely to have hairy underarms? Naw dont peel them fuckers.. shit do not even wash them.

If you are going to serve your carrots raw on a platter, it is probably best and most appetizing to peel them and cut them into sticks. I also do a little peeling of my broccoli stems. I make a broccoli, ham and cheese soup and it is actually better with the stems and if you shave them down a little, they are more tender and not stringy in texture.

I can't believe I'm the only sane head who voted for "are you insane? carrots have no skin". And yet no one can show me any documentation of this ....... "carrot skin". Which is in the same category as automotive "blinker fluid".

I'm tellin' ya, if these poll results don't improve I'm takin' it to the Supreme Court. :eusa_snooty:

I don't peel taters or carrots. Or anything except cucumber, avocado, onion, garlic, that I can think of. I scrub them clean. Carrots normally go through the juicer.

I don't peel taters or carrots. Or anything except cucumber, avocado, onion, garlic, that I can think of. I scrub them clean. Carrots normally go through the juicer.

small pickling cukes are thin skinned & don't require peeling or are waxed like regular salad cukes & has veryfew seeds.

Forum List

Back