Poll: peeling carrots?

Do you peel carrots before use?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • "Peel carrots"? Are you insane? Carrots have no skin!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No but I peel pineapples

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
to peel or not to peel depends on CARROT STATUS------a nice smooth carrot-----IMHO---need only be scrubbed with a plastic scrubee ------but a raunchy looking
carrot with deep crevices-------gets my ----PEELER-------of which I have a few-----one
is an actual potato gadget which PEELS---deep----another is a very superficial thing which cannot quite make it on a potato. The superficial thing is adequate on
borderline raunchy carrots. The very superficial carrot layer can be a bit bitter
Shoot me and my wife in our faces if we have a plastic scrubby in the kitchen for our veggies....omfg.

to peel or not to peel depends on CARROT STATUS------a nice smooth carrot-----IMHO---need only be scrubbed with a plastic scrubee ------but a raunchy looking
carrot with deep crevices-------gets my ----PEELER-------of which I have a few-----one
is an actual potato gadget which PEELS---deep----another is a very superficial thing which cannot quite make it on a potato. The superficial thing is adequate on
borderline raunchy carrots. The very superficial carrot layer can be a bit bitter
Shoot me and my wife in our faces if we have a plastic scrubby in the kitchen for our veggies....omfg.

no plastic scrubee? -------I will help-------the plastic net onion bag-----the fine ones----
sometimes you get oranges in them. ---------swish them around a bit in hot soapy water with a few drops of bleach------BUNCH-'EM up ------dats da scrubee

no plastic scrubee? -------I will help-------the plastic net onion bag-----the fine ones----
sometimes you get oranges in them. ---------swish them around a bit in hot soapy water with a few drops of bleach------BUNCH-'EM up ------dats da scrubee
Nah my hands and water will do just fine. Lol plastic scrubby. Are WE ALL CLASICALLY TRAINED FRENCH CHEF DE CUISINES NOW! LOL ARE WE ALL!!!

I've never even heard of this but the statement was boldly made that "most people peel their carrots".

Yes, a lot of people do this. I've never understood the reasoning for it. I don't even peel kiwis. I eat them skin and all.

I just use a vegetable brush with a citrus-based organic spray cleaner.

And just for the record, "vegetable brush" was a concept I never heard of growing up. That came later.

I just rinse veggies under cold water and rub them with my hands. I don't have a scrubby thing. I used to have one but I rarely used it because my hands and fingers work better to get into crevices and such to get the dirt out. Then I peel them and cut them. That is usually how I prepare veggies. If I cook them, I usually keep it simple and just my carrots into coins and add butter or I mash them and add butter. That is pretty much how I prepare most of my cooked veggies. Lately I've gotten into steaming them instead of boiling them because I've read that boiling takes out a lot of the nutrients.

I remember hearing at one point that microwaving your veggies took out nutrients, but lately I've been reading the opposite, that it actually is better to cook your veggies in a microwave because of the shorter heating time, and they maintain more nutritional value. I rarely use my microwave though. It is mostly for just warming things up in my house.

Microwave cooking and nutrition - Harvard Health

I used to eat Starbursts with the wrapper on. Thats like not peeling a kiwi, to me.

Speaking of awesome chefs. I was very high once when I was like 25mebbe.......and it was like 1am. I took strawberry poptarts and dipped them into melted nacho cheese and my mouth somehow came, in itself.

Ahh. Merikka. Surprised Im as fit as I am, all that temptation out there. Bacon crumbled into half baked ben and jerrys is on my to dont list.

Nah my hands and water will do just fine. Lol plastic scrubby. Are WE ALL CLASICALLY TRAINED FRENCH CHEF DE CUISINES NOW! LOL ARE WE ALL!!!

For a guy who peels his mac and cheese you sure are hung up on haute cuisine, Pierre.

I just rinse veggies under cold water and rub them with my hands. I don't have a scrubby thing. I used to have one but I rarely used it because my hands and fingers work better to get into crevices and such to get the dirt out.

That's disgusting. You don't know where that hand has been. :ack-1:

I've never even heard of this but the statement was boldly made that "most people peel their carrots".
Let's find out.

Note for the guys: "Peel" not "wax".
I peel for me and hubby. I don't peel for the dogs chicken stew.

I remember hearing at one point that microwaving your veggies took out nutrients, but lately I've been reading the opposite, that it actually is better to cook your veggies in a microwave because of the shorter heating time, and they maintain more nutritional value. I rarely use my microwave though. It is mostly for just warming things up in my house.

I've never even used a microwave. Ever. Wouldn't even know how to run one.

For a guy who peels his mac and cheese you sure are hung up on haute cuisine, Pierre.
My actual real homemade mac is very good though, to be real for a moment. I get panties thrown at me after dinner, male and female. And goldfish

I just rinse veggies under cold water and rub them with my hands. I don't have a scrubby thing. I used to have one but I rarely used it because my hands and fingers work better to get into crevices and such to get the dirt out.

What I can tell about ChrisL, I'm pretty sure where that hand has been.

I've never even used a microwave. Ever. Wouldn't even know how to run one.
Youre missing out man. Steam in bag veggies for dinners on the run, my vitals vs. My hectic schedule are finally at a balance.

Oh? And what can you "tell" about me? :confused: Silly old man, if you don't have anything to add to the discussion, go away! Nobody really cares about your silly old opinion!

What I can tell about you is that nobody has had their hands on you because that would be revolting. :D

I use a steamer pot to steam my veggies on the stove top. I don't really like microwave cooking much. :dunno: Sometimes the veggies get overcooked I think. I actually enjoy cooking so I don't mind cooking on the stove or in the oven at all.

What I can tell about you is that nobody has had their hands on you because that would be revolting. :D

Don't get your panties in a knot.

Forum List

Back