Poll: peeling carrots?

Do you peel carrots before use?

• Yes

Votes: 12 63.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • "Peel carrots"? Are you insane? Carrots have no skin!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No but I peel pineapples

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
I've never even heard of this but the statement was boldly made that "most people peel their carrots".
Let's find out.

Note for the guys: "Peel" not "wax".

You see that rough looking stuff on the outside, and the little "hairs?" That is called the "skin." ;)

carrots%20unpeeled.jpg

You see that rough looking stuff on the outside, and the little "hairs?" That is called the "skin." ;)

carrots%20unpeeled.jpg

Dat ain't no "skin". Skin is a separate entity that can be separated from the body.

Hairs get shaved, not "peeled".

These are "skins", although not completely separated:

potato-skins-method-600-2.jpg

What you're calling "rough looking stuff" is simply the natural texture. I think what you're talking about here is a hand version of turning carrots on a lathe into "baby" carrots. You're just smoothing them, not skinning them.

Not that that should affect the poll question, which could read, "do you 'peel' or shave carrots"...

I peel my carrots. But as an aside, why did the internet make everyone such a hoity toity fuckin food expert/critic? Bo0o0o. Know whats tasty? Kraft mac and cheese mudda sukka

I peel my carrots. But as an aside, why did the internet make everyone such a hoity toity fuckin food expert/critic? Bo0o0o. Know whats tasty? Kraft mac and cheese mudda sukka

Meh -- it's just here because somebody made the claim "most people peel their carrots". I never even heard of the concept.

But since you bring it up ---- do you peel your mac and cheese?

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

carrots%20unpeeled.jpg

Dat ain't no "skin". Skin is a separate entity that can be separated from the body.

What you're calling "rough looking stuff" is simply the natural texture. I think what you're talking about here is a hand version of turning carrots on a lathe into "baby" carrots. You're just smoothing them, not skinning them.

Not that that should affect the poll question, which could read, "do you 'peel' or shave carrots"...

It is still a skin. It is just a thin skin. It is a skin on the outside of the carrot to protect it, like anything else, sweetie. :)

I've never even heard of this but the statement was boldly made that "most people peel their carrots".
Let's find out.

Note for the guys: "Peel" not "wax".

I'm not into waxed carrots, waxed beans on the other hand

Meh -- it's just here because somebody made the claim "most people peel their carrots". I never even heard of the concept.

I can tell you why I do it. The cracks and crevices maintain their dirt after washing. And me personally? Im not a Grettel about a little speck of dirt, but when you're feeding others its a lil less presentable. Also dirt can hold pesticides perhaps, albeit Im not about to study that part and determine if its fact...not even a simple google.

Im glad I was circumsized, as an aside, because I heard you have to peel your carrot intrusively if not for every shower and crap.

I like my shittake free of obstruction, buttered not lubed.

I can tell you why I do it. The cracks and crevices maintain their dirt after washing. And me personally? Im not a Grettel about a little speck of dirt, but when you're feeding others its a lil less presentable. Also dirt can hold pesticides perhaps, albeit Im not about to study that part and determine if its fact...not even a simple google.

Dirt is good for ya. Where do you think you get yer minerals from?

If there be pesticides (arrr) then you're getting your carrots from the wrong place. And it's going to be in the system of the vegetable anyway, not just on the surface.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt, amirite? :p

carrots%20unpeeled.jpg

It is still a skin. It is just a thin skin. It is a skin on the outside of the carrot to protect it, like anything else, sweetie. :)

Heh heh noooooo don't think so. Those "hairs" are wannabe roots, and they don't seem "protected" from wanting to be roots.

to peel or not to peel depends on CARROT STATUS------a nice smooth carrot-----IMHO---need only be scrubbed with a plastic scrubee ------but a raunchy looking
carrot with deep crevices-------gets my ----PEELER-------of which I have a few-----one
is an actual potato gadget which PEELS---deep----another is a very superficial thing which cannot quite make it on a potato. The superficial thing is adequate on
borderline raunchy carrots. The very superficial carrot layer can be a bit bitter

carrots%20unpeeled.jpg

Heh heh noooooo don't think so. Those "hairs" are wannabe roots, and they don't seem "protected" from wanting to be roots.

No, not the hairs but the skin. :D

I know not to be afraid of dirt my American Carrot Ninja Warrior. Its just not a very appetizing thought for a classy dinner party that we all now have now that the internet made us all Iron Chefs. Presentation is like 1/3 my score broski, are you trying to sabotage a hoe? Ms. Kora & Mr. Flay are stfh.

to peel or not to peel depends on CARROT STATUS------a nice smooth carrot-----IMHO---need only be scrubbed with a plastic scrubee ------but a raunchy looking
carrot with deep crevices-------gets my ----PEELER-------of which I have a few-----one
is an actual potato gadget which PEELS---deep----another is a very superficial thing which cannot quite make it on a potato. The superficial thing is adequate on
borderline raunchy carrots. The very superficial carrot layer can be a bit bitter

I agree. I taste a bitterness from the carrot skin as well. Maybe if you are just cooking them, it's not a big deal, but if eating them raw, I prefer them skinned.

If there be pesticides (arrr) then you're getting your carrots from the wrong place.

Jars

th

Forum List

Back