Poll on women and free speech

yes, because a bunch of loser SJW types yelling at a conservative event is letting "everyone speak"

Yeah, and a bunch of loser right-wingers yelling at an open event is letting "everyone speak." If there was an event at which there was time for 20 speakers to take a turn for five minutes, and everyone drew a number out of a bowl, betcha it would be the right-winger who drew number 15 who would bitch and moan that he ought to be allowed to speak first and take more than five minutes. He would throw a completely hissy fit if there were speakers from Planned Parenthood or Black Lives Matter who drew numbers in the one-through-14 range.

BTW: is it possible for right-winger "conservatives" to give a speech that advances their positive ideas for tackling the future, or are they all limited to giving speeches criticizing, and attempting to direct, other groups of people. I'm tired of this "women ought to," "blacks ought to," "gays ought to" crap. Do they have anything positive to offer?

Is it possible for you to write a positive post? Most of your posts attack others that disagree with your outlook and are full of you white males ought to, you Republicans ought to, the Christians ought to and other crap.

Please follow your own advice.

I comment about what people say and do. If it's negative, it's negative. The republicans just have an awful party based on a sick authoritarian ideology. The other two groups that you mentioned, white males and Christians, are divided so it is impossible to write about the entire group.

If you look at the impeachment hearings, there are plenty of white men involved on both sides, both as committee members and witnesses. If you read the comments on this board, there is at least one poster who loves evangelicals and has something against Episcopalians, so any mention of "Christian" has to be explained as to whom the writer is referring, as the Christian faith is very splintered.

Please show me examples of Republicans being "Authoritarian"

progressives are far more authoritarian, i.e. bake or die, or criminalizing plastic straw use.

Funny. The republicans want to control citizens' vaginas, even mandating invasive searches by law of citizens' body cavities and regulating Americans' bodies. Dictating that Americans must adhere to a religious cult selected by the state if they are pregnant. Regulating what doctors say to patients ordering doctors to read government-written scripts to patients, banning speech by doctors and patients, to name a few things. Straight out of Nazi Germany.

Godwin's law violation. 15 yard penalty, repeat your tired rant.

This Republican wants abortion to be sent back to the States. If Alabama wants to ban it, so be it. I live in NY so it will still be legal here, and I don't have a problem with that either.

Pro Life people believe a fetus is a human being, and worthy of existence. People want to ban straws to signal virtue.

idiots like you would love to ban speech you don't like, because you are short sighted, controlling sacks of shit.

Yeah, and a bunch of loser right-wingers yelling at an open event is letting "everyone speak." If there was an event at which there was time for 20 speakers to take a turn for five minutes, and everyone drew a number out of a bowl, betcha it would be the right-winger who drew number 15 who would bitch and moan that he ought to be allowed to speak first and take more than five minutes. He would throw a completely hissy fit if there were speakers from Planned Parenthood or Black Lives Matter who drew numbers in the one-through-14 range.

BTW: is it possible for right-winger "conservatives" to give a speech that advances their positive ideas for tackling the future, or are they all limited to giving speeches criticizing, and attempting to direct, other groups of people. I'm tired of this "women ought to," "blacks ought to," "gays ought to" crap. Do they have anything positive to offer?

Is it possible for you to write a positive post? Most of your posts attack others that disagree with your outlook and are full of you white males ought to, you Republicans ought to, the Christians ought to and other crap.

I comment about what people say and do. If it's negative, it's negative. The republicans just have an awful party based on a sick authoritarian ideology. The other two groups that you mentioned, white males and Christians, are divided so it is impossible to write about the entire group.

If you look at the impeachment hearings, there are plenty of white men involved on both sides, both as committee members and witnesses. If you read the comments on this board, there is at least one poster who loves evangelicals and has something against Episcopalians, so any mention of "Christian" has to be explained as to whom the writer is referring, as the Christian faith is very splintered.

progressives are far more authoritarian, i.e. bake or die, or criminalizing plastic straw use.

Funny. The republicans want to control citizens' vaginas, even mandating invasive searches by law of citizens' body cavities and regulating Americans' bodies. Dictating that Americans must adhere to a religious cult selected by the state if they are pregnant. Regulating what doctors say to patients ordering doctors to read government-written scripts to patients, banning speech by doctors and patients, to name a few things. Straight out of Nazi Germany.

This Republican wants abortion to be sent back to the States. If Alabama wants to ban it, so be it. I live in NY so it will still be legal here, and I don't have a problem with that either.

Pro Life people believe a fetus is a human being, and worthy of existence. People want to ban straws to signal virtue.

idiots like you would love to ban speech you don't like, because you are short sighted, controlling sacks of shit.

The republicans are wrong in wanting the issue to be sent back to the states. This would still give Big Government control over citizens' bodies. The decision must remain with the individual, not government. These "pro-life" people are perfectly free to make their own decisions according to their own beliefs. People with other beliefs must remain free to make their own decisions, as well; not have someone else's beliefs forced on them. This business of forcing religious beliefs onto other people has no place in the U.S.A. We must remain free to choose our beliefs for ourselves as individuals.

TRUMP is doing fine , he works for me and other Americans like ME while telling you 'euros' to pound sand or to pay up your BILLS Lysis .

Working for Americans like you is not the same as working for all Americans, not even close. In fact, he is working against many Americans. I have no ties to the European continent, moron, except for the fact that it is populated by human beings, of which I am one and is the source of many cultural traditions that I celebrate as part of my heritage.

So tell us when did your messiah work for all Americans? He just worked for the guys in dresses, women, rich liberals and 20 million rapist killer midget Mexicans.

What "messiah"? If you mean President Obama, he worked for everybody. He didn't cater to one specific group.

Pismoe referred to "Americans like me"? Who would that consist of in a 325 million population of Americans that includes "guys in dresses, women, and rich liberals" as well as many others? You do know that mentioning women, by itself, refers to over 50% of the U.S. population. Who are the orange whore and the sex-queerdo working for, anyway?

He worked for wall street and left main street behind

"rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will, within the limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others"
-- Thomas Jefferson; from letter to Isaac Tiffany (Apr. 4, 1819)

yes, because a bunch of loser SJW types yelling at a conservative event is letting "everyone speak"

So we were a religious authoritarian state before the late 1960's early 1970's?

The republicans are wrong in wanting the issue to be sent back to the states. This would still give Big Government control over citizens' bodies. The decision must remain with the individual, not government. These "pro-life" people are perfectly free to make their own decisions according to their own beliefs. People with other beliefs must remain free to make their own decisions, as well; not have someone else's beliefs forced on them. This business of forcing religious beliefs onto other people has no place in the U.S.A. We must remain free to choose our beliefs for ourselves as individuals.

It would be government intrusion, but as a resident on NY, I don't care about Alabama when it comes to this issue.

To Pro-life people the fetus is a life, a citizen in waiting deserving of the protection of government.

And I find your desire to not force other's beliefs on people comical, being that you are one of those BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE, peasant lovers of government force.

Also, there is a non-religious case for not supporting abortion on demand, based on the simple fact that this may be the only existence we get, and abortion denies that existence.

Yes. Anthony Comstock. Carrie Nation. Banned books. Ill-treatment and criminalization of LGBTs. Racially discriminatory laws, such as anti-miscegenation laws, rationalized by "religious" theories. And more. Our history has not been pleasant.

It would be government intrusion, but as a resident on NY, I don't care about Alabama when it comes to this issue.

To Pro-life people the fetus is a life, a citizen in waiting deserving of the protection of government.

And I find your desire to not force other's beliefs on people comical, being that you are one of those BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE, peasant lovers of government force.

Also, there is a non-religious case for not supporting abortion on demand, based on the simple fact that this may be the only existence we get, and abortion denies that existence.

You can stop telling me what "pro-lifers" believe. We know it already. Lots of people believe lots of different things. No one belief takes precedence over another. You wouldn't like it if you were ordered around based on Muslim beliefs.

The cake guy had already agreed to bake cakes when he got his business license. He then opened a shop and advertised his wares for sale. Moreover, nobody knows if this is the only existence we get and whether one specific fertilized egg is the only opportunity available to a single individual to secure such existence. If someone has a miscarriage, or the pregnant woman drowns in a flood, other opportunities come along. We don't know where we were before we acquired a mortal existence.

Personally, I think we need to pay more attention to make sure that already existing persons make it to a natural death. And also to making sure that people know how to avoid an unwanted pregnancy and have access to the means to do so.

You can stop telling me what "pro-lifers" believe. We know it already. Lots of people believe lots of different things. No one belief takes precedence over another. You wouldn't like it if you were ordered around based on Muslim beliefs.

The cake guy had already agreed to bake cakes when he got his business license. He then opened a shop and advertised his wares for sale. Moreover, nobody knows if this is the only existence we get and whether one specific fertilized egg is the only opportunity available to a single individual to secure such existence. If someone has a miscarriage, or the pregnant woman drowns in a flood, other opportunities come along. We don't know where we were before we acquired a mortal existence.

Personally, I think we need to pay more attention to make sure that already existing persons make it to a natural death. And also to making sure that people know how to avoid an unwanted pregnancy and have access to the means to do so.

It's not a belief..

Its leagize killing

It's not a belief..

Its leagize killing

It is a belief. Your belief. One you chose. Other people do not share your belief.

It's not a belief..

Its leagize killing

It is a belief. Your belief. One you chose. Other people do not share your belief.

Its science, why dont you believe in science?

Yes. Anthony Comstock. Carrie Nation. Banned books. Ill-treatment and criminalization of LGBTs. Racially discriminatory laws, such as anti-miscegenation laws, rationalized by "religious" theories. And more. Our history has not been pleasant.

Those acts could be committed via democratic action as well.

A business license does not remove constitutional rights. Free exercise is a constitutional right.

You seem to be quite willing to use government force over trivial bullshit that you agree with.

It's not a belief..

Its leagize killing

BAKE THAT FUCKING CAKE PEASANT

It's not a belief..

Its leagize killing

Its science, why dont you believe in science?

It's not science. It does not correlate to the gestational process. A human body develops its necessary structures over time. Sometimes the process doesn't work and a spontaneous abortion occurs.

My next statement will have you wailing and hitting your caps button like crazy. Many of these "pro-lifers," who scream about zygotes, etc., will go on the next thread and complain that the "government" or "liberals" want to take away their ability to spray bullets all over the place, that it's okay to cage people at the border, that they don't care about what happens to anyone else. Considering that there seems to be a conspiracy among right-wing groups, among them "religious" groups, to force women back into the house and away from larger society for purposes of male sexual pleasure, bearing babies for assholes, and providing free labor, the "pro-life" stuff, I suspect, is related to this conspiracy to control women's sexuality rather than any real concern for "life." The right-wingers make no secret of this.

Women Against Free Speech? | RealClearPolitics

Majorities of students polled said they support both free speech and "inclusion and diversity." When asked which is more important, 53 percent said inclusion and diversity, and only 46 percent said free speech.
What I found most striking -- the numbers that stood out for me -- was the difference between men and women. Among men, 61 percent favored free speech. But only 35 percent of women did so. That's a result I certainly hadn't expected.

So ladies, what gives?
Why create a thread to bait people? Seems counter productive to us Jews. What do I know?

I don't care about the worlds voices , nor does TRUMP as he works for people from Peoria rather than 'paris' Lysis . And you 'euros' nart have a peep to say . But on other issues , have you taken care of your FEMALE problem yet Lysis ??

You don’t care about the world’s voices. How very telling. This is why white male voices are becoming less and less relevant.

I don't care about the worlds voices , nor does TRUMP as he works for people from Peoria rather than 'paris' Lysis . And you 'euros' nart have a peep to say . But on other issues , have you taken care of your FEMALE problem yet Lysis ??

You don’t care about the world’s voices. How very telling. This is why white male voices are becoming less and less relevant.
---------------------------------------------------- MAYBE , Course for an old guy like me i'd just guess that it is 'millenials' , assorted youngsters and other Disposable types that will mostly be affected DLady .

keep in mind that by my reckoning and liberal societies complaints about White Male Boomers and those of a generation or 2 before them White Male Boomers have had their way for a long time [they still run the world] . And now Boomers are old or older and are leaving the Planet at a constant rate and its youse guys that get the results of boomer thinking and policy DLady . [that's quite a boomer legacy DLady [chuckle] .

Last edited:
I don't think that "inclusion and diversity" and "free speech" are opposing values, so asking which is more "important" to someone is absurd. Promoting inclusion and diversity furthers free speech by opening up more speech forums to more people. It's a good thing to hear from more people.

Even if there were a valid reason for ranking these two concepts, why would the OP only ask women to explain the 61-35 percent split? Why not ask men to explain it, too?

Well, gentlemen?
Do you really need to hear an argument for free speech?

Has it really come to that?

Forum List

Back