Poll on women and free speech

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Women Against Free Speech? | RealClearPolitics

Majorities of students polled said they support both free speech and "inclusion and diversity." When asked which is more important, 53 percent said inclusion and diversity, and only 46 percent said free speech.
What I found most striking -- the numbers that stood out for me -- was the difference between men and women. Among men, 61 percent favored free speech. But only 35 percent of women did so. That's a result I certainly hadn't expected.

So ladies, what gives?

I've said it in different threads and it should be obvious but many women think differently despite facts , proof and truth . I have known that for over 65 years Depotoo .

The poll question sets up a weird, artificial dichotomy, doesn't it?

While granted, those who scream "Inclusion & Diversity" (oy) are often the same people who are willing to shut down speech, "Inclusion & Diversity" (oy) and Freedom of Speech are not mutually exclusive. They are not opposites. They can exist within the same universe simultaneously.

I wonder what the poll results would have looked like if one of the answers could have been "both".

Opposition that successfully limits diversity and inclusion, as we have seen in the past, operates to prevent free speech. History is full of small groups of people who pretended to speak for the many, giving assurances that everybody was happy with their lot without asking.

Now that there has been an effort to foster diversity and inclusion, more voices are being heard that have been kept silent in the past. It's wonderful to see that people all over the world and of all backgrounds now have an opportunity to speak their minds and they are taking it.

It's not a question of being denied the microphone. It's simply that everyone gets to speak and then has to yield it to the next person.

I don't care about the worlds voices , nor does TRUMP as he works for people from Peoria rather than 'paris' Lysis . And you 'euros' nart have a peep to say . But on other issues , have you taken care of your FEMALE problem yet Lysis ??

I mean , even right now on tv , TRUMP is telling the 'euros' to pay up and it I TRUMP that runs the world on his own say so Lysis .

I don't care about the worlds voices , nor does TRUMP as he works for people from Peoria rather than 'paris' Lysis . And you 'euros' nart have a peep to say . But on other issues , have you taken care of your FEMALE problem yet Lysis ??

The orange whore does not work for the people of this country unless they are billionaires or phony, whiny "Christians" with their thumbs up their butts. I think that you are sore because more people in this country are stepping up to the microphone, and they aren't all male, they aren't all white, they aren't all straight, and they aren't all Protestant fundies, and they aren't all lining up to kiss the orange whore's ass or that of some TV evangelist.

What female problem? Stop flicking your private parts around and zip up.

TRUMP is doing fine , he works for me and other Americans like ME while telling you 'euros' to pound sand or to pay up your BILLS Lysis .

TRUMP is doing fine , he works for me and other Americans like ME while telling you 'euros' to pound sand or to pay up your BILLS Lysis .

Working for Americans like you is not the same as working for all Americans, not even close. In fact, he is working against many Americans. I have no ties to the European continent, moron, except for the fact that it is populated by human beings, of which I am one and is the source of many cultural traditions that I celebrate as part of my heritage.

Working for Americans like you is not the same as working for all Americans, not even close. In fact, he is working against many Americans. I have no ties to the European continent, moron, except for the fact that it is populated by human beings, of which I am one and is the source of many cultural traditions that I celebrate as part of my heritage.
73541663_178097569994931_4133798506483679232_n.jpg

Don’t count me in that group. I am embarrassed by many women these days.
Dont feel too bad.

If I recall correctly a majority of female college student wanted to end Women's sufferage too.

Apparently they thought that had to do with Women suffering or something, lol.

Damn, you ARE a moron.
Tradition is about all the Euroboobs have left any more, now that the EU is dying off.

I don't think that "inclusion and diversity" and "free speech" are opposing values, so asking which is more "important" to someone is absurd. Promoting inclusion and diversity furthers free speech by opening up more speech forums to more people. It's a good thing to hear from more people.

Even if there were a valid reason for ranking these two concepts, why would the OP only ask women to explain the 61-35 percent split? Why not ask men to explain it, too?

Well, gentlemen?

I don't think that "inclusion and diversity" and "free speech" are opposing values, so asking which is more "important" to someone is absurd. Promoting inclusion and diversity furthers free speech by opening up more speech forums to more people. It's a good thing to hear from more people.

Even if there were a valid reason for ranking these two concepts, why would the OP only ask women to explain the 61-35 percent split? Why not ask men to explain it, too?

Well, gentlemen?

Inclusion and diversity are just code words for bigotry against white, straight men. So it's no wonder so many men voted in favor of free speech. That small percentage of men who voted for bigotry were probably brown or gay.

Women Against Free Speech? | RealClearPolitics

Majorities of students polled said they support both free speech and "inclusion and diversity." When asked which is more important, 53 percent said inclusion and diversity, and only 46 percent said free speech.
What I found most striking -- the numbers that stood out for me -- was the difference between men and women. Among men, 61 percent favored free speech. But only 35 percent of women did so. That's a result I certainly hadn't expected.

So ladies, what gives?
They probably viewed the question differently.... in this way....

They saw it as ; Should people speak with no holds barred, or should they think before they speak?

Or, Should my kids be able to tell me, to Shut the fuck up, for the sake of free speech?

Well, gentlemen?

Inclusion and diversity are just code words for bigotry against white, straight men. So it's no wonder so many men voted in favor of free speech. That small percentage of men who voted for bigotry were probably brown or gay.

Weird! There is absolutely no evidence of bigotry against white, straight men. In our last election in Virginia, I voted for a white, straight man, and apparently so did many of my fellow voters of all backgrounds, considering the results. White, straight men are well supported and play a huge role in public life. Just tune in to the impeachment hearings and count all of the white, presumably mostly straight, men participating.

What you are talking about is identity politics, and this is a whole separate subject.

Last edited:

Well, gentlemen?

Weird! There is absolutely no evidence of bigotry against white, straight men. In our last election in Virginia, I voted for a white, straight man, and apparently so did many of my fellow voters of all backgrounds, considering the results. White, straight men are well supported and play a huge role in public life. Just tune in to the impeachment hearings and count all of the white, presumably mostly straight, men participating.

What you are talking about is identity politics, and this is a whole separate subject.
-------------------------------------------------- nothing wrong with IDENTITY POLITICS . In fact , smart prople better start voting and working on the use of Identity Politics Lysis .

Forum List

Back