Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
But if the choice is all or none then eliminate all the cuts.

Time to pay the piper, America.
Time to start getting rid of some useless and overpaid pipers.

I'm fine with that but it isn't enough ... and no, lowering or eliminating the income tax isn't part of a realistic solution.

It will take a combo of spending cuts and tax increases to reverse this trend.
There's no way to tax your way out of gross overspending.

The spending is and will remain the problem.

Since when? Obama went on a two year spending binge second to none and did not raise income taxes.
Two wars without a tax increase. Blame Obama? LEARN RECENT HISTORY!!!!

Deficits held steady, and were on the way down until 2008.
In eight years we went from a budget surplus to record deficits. Wanna teach us how to fix this after you broke the last one? Good thing we're all not as gullible and intractable as trickle down Conservatives!

We would be doing the Curly-run-in-a-circle-while-laying-on-our-side dance.

In eight years we went from a budget surplus to record deficits. Wanna teach us how to fix this after you broke the last one? Good thing we're all not as gullible and intractable as trickle down Conservatives!

Not unusual for wartime.

Deficts were on the way back down until 2008.

Not unusual for wartime.

Then learn all the history you possibly can! We have never fought a protracted war, let alone two, without raising taxes to pay for it.

Not unusual for wartime. horsefeathers.

Time to start getting rid of some useless and overpaid pipers.

I'm fine with that but it isn't enough ... and no, lowering or eliminating the income tax isn't part of a realistic solution.

I understand that which is why I advocate increasing taxes and cutting spending.

Not unusual for wartime.

Then learn all the history you possibly can! We have never fought a protracted war, let alone two, without raising taxes to pay for it.

WWII, actually two wars or two fronts, resulted in massive new debt.

Not unusual for wartime.

WWII, actually two wars or two fronts, resulted in massive new debt.
But we paid for that war during its prosecution. We sold bonds, raised taxes and instituted rationing all to pay for the war effort. W told us to go to the mall, China would front us the cash for his excellent Iraqi adventure.

Even with the cost of the wars, they were nowhere near Obama's spending orgies.

And how exactly does that makes your post any less disengenuous?

Because Bush's deficits were around $400B, and Obama's are around $1T.

Why didn't Obama pay that "piper?"

So are you conceding that deficits were not on the decline during the Bush admin like you claimed?

The first trillion dollar deficit is on Bush. The FY2009 budget is his.

As to Obama's trillion dollar deficit in FY2010, I'm not happy with that either. Hello? Spending cuts and tax increases ... it's what I am calling for here while you want to play partisan games.

Total crap.

There never was a balanced budget or surplus....Those numbers were only projected out from '98 to '02, after which entitlement spending (read: SS, Medicare/Medicaid) were going to explode the deficit through the power of demographics.

Your democrat hack Bush/republican haters are getting really pathetic.

And how exactly does that makes your post any less disengenuous?

Because Bush's deficits were around $400B, and Obama's are around $1T.

Why didn't Obama pay that "piper?"

So are you conceding that deficits were not on the decline during the Bush admin like you claimed?

The first trillion dollar deficit is on Bush. The FY2009 budget is his.

As to Obama's trillion dollar deficit in FY2010, I'm not happy with that either. Hello? Spending cuts and tax increases ... it's what I am calling for here while you want to play partisan games.

Deficits were on the decline until Republicans ceased to control Congress.

Is running up a trillion in new debt for two years then demanding Republicans pay for it a "partisan game?"

Yeah, it is.

I understand that which is why I advocate increasing taxes and cutting spending.
Taxes are already at insanely high levels....The federal rates are only a fraction of the story.

The problem remains spending.

Forum List

Back