Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
The GOP presented a letter to Harry Reid saying that they want ALL tax cuts extended for all incomes, or they will filibuster everything.

OK. Make my day. No tax cut extensions, period. Thanks GOP.

[actually the tax cuts are not detectable for those under $250k anyway]

This is a real political question, not a hypothetical one. I saw it discussed today. Maybe it doesn't matter who gets the tax cut extension, or if the Debt increases...

I think that since the Republicans were voted into office, let's make them happy and simply avoid taxing anyone making over a million dollars a year.

Yea, let's "experiment" and see just how many jobs that will produce. Look at all the jobs Bush made. Six straight years of Republican controlling everything and what their policies did to the economy was unbelievable. Let's do it again, shall we?

No extentions. Sunset the the whole thing.

Being a "land owner" I will wind up getting screwed less that way..

But if the choice is all or none then eliminate all the cuts.

Time to pay the piper, America.

So, if I understand this predicament, everyone wants the economy chugging along again. The American consumer and his spending drives the economy. Some folks still push the tired old trickle down argument that cutting taxes for millionaires and billionaires will stimulate the economy. Why? Because those millionaires and billionaires create jobs.

But then wasn't it consumer spending that drives the economy? Will those millionaires and billionaires spend their tax cuts and thus stimulate the economy? And those jobs the rich create, why haven't they created them in America instead of China?

If the consumer drives the economy, wouldn't putting as much money in the hands of the most people do the most good?

Are Conservatives convinced that if they kowtow to the rich, maybe they too can become rich? Why can't Conservatives admit what is so apparent? Consumer spending is what makes the economy go round. The flow of capital from one hand to another is what grows the economy. The rich can't possibly spend the way the middle class can. Why? Because there aren't as many rich as there are middle class consumers.

Cut deficits? Great! But just as cats can be skinned in many ways, deficits can be reduced by raising the tax rates on the rich to the same levels they were during the Clinton years (and we all remember how well the American economy was doing then) coupled with reducing spending all across the board. I'm looking at you, defense contractors!

Screw the rich. It's been all gravy for them since W and "Compassionate Conservatism" helped drive manufacturing out of America and into Asia.

Last edited:
But if the choice is all or none then eliminate all the cuts.

Time to pay the piper, America.
Time to start getting rid of some useless and overpaid pipers.

I'm fine with that but it isn't enough ... and no, lowering or eliminating the income tax isn't part of a realistic solution.

It will take a combo of spending cuts and tax increases to reverse this trend.

Forum List

Back