Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Taxes are already at insanely high levels....The federal rates are only a fraction of the story.

The problem remains spending.

I disagree that taxes are at insanely high levels but I agree that the main problem is spending. When the spending results in $13 trillion in debt and a $1.3 trillion deficit then the solution has to be a combo of tax increases and spending cuts. Time to pay the piper.

Why didn't Obama "pay the piper" for two years?

Because the economy was in complete tailspin when he took office and he campaigned on, and was elected touting a plan for a trillion dollar stimulus to keep the economy afloat. The economy is helluva lot more stable now than it was 2 years ago and we are in a better position to actually do something about the problem.

I disagree that taxes are at insanely high levels but I agree that the main problem is spending. When the spending results in $13 trillion in debt and a $1.3 trillion deficit then the solution has to be a combo of tax increases and spending cuts. Time to pay the piper.

Because the economy was in complete tailspin when he took office and he campaigned on, and was elected touting a plan for a trillion dollar stimulus to keep the economy afloat. The economy is helluva lot more stable now than it was 2 years ago and we are in a better position to actually do something about the problem.

It still is in a tailspin, so evidently it's not working.

We are no longer hemoraging hundreds of thousands of jobs a month and GDP is growing.

We are no longer hemoraging hundreds of thousands of jobs a month and GDP is growing.

All recessions end.

What's taking this one so long?

Then the tax cuts go off into the sunset. Works for me :thup:

Who's getting their taxes cut?

Nobody if the GOP doesn't want to compromise.
No....it is the democrats who want to be a stick in the mud.
Remember the newly elected people have not been sworn into office.
This is still the same majority democrat House and Senate.
This is nothing but a craftily cobbled together attempt by the democrat leadership and the Obama admin to gain political cover over the tax cut extension.
The GOP will not compromise on issues and policy.
The GOP will be the majority party in 2011 and beyond. You lefties will just have to suck it up and deal with it.
Oh yeah, if the democrats had not been such a miserable lot to deal with and they had at least pretended to listen to the people, the party would quite possibly have retained the majority in the House.

Forum List

Back