Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Shooting fish in a barrel.
The entire "tax the rich" agenda of the libs is focused on jealousy. Period.
"Screw the rich"....Ask them any question as to why they despise those who they view has "having more than the libs feel is a fair share" and you'll get nothing in substance.
You'll get the tired lib talking points about federal deficits, how the wealthy "hoard" their money, how it is unfair that poor people are remaining poor while the rich continue to find ways to increase their revenue flow( read rich getting richer....so WHAT!)
No I don't find it alarming that wealthy people are earning more. Nor do I find it alarming that poor people remain poor.
At the end of the day, the Left sees what others have and they want it. They want it now. This is especially prevalent among younger people. They are not taught the value of hard work. They are taught to complain about that which they do not have and are taught that hard work will get them nowhere. They are taught that those who have success have simply "won the lottery of life"...
Finally the left believes in the zero sum game. Simply put, that there exists in some far off place a magic pile of money. A pie. A place from where the wealthy have unfairly grabbed more than they deserve. That if one has more then another MUST have less.
It's all horse shit.
I'm not for taxing the rich because of emotion. I'm for taxing teh rich because giving those who need it least a 780 billion dollar break is not good fiscal policy.

In my post, I outlined how consumer spending drives the economy. How getting the most money into the most hands will propel this economy. How giving the few the biggest break just does not work out that well, fiscally speaking.

Then your post goes on to tell me and others what I think according to the ideology you subscribe to. Well, that's driving the argument with emotion rather than logic.

Regroup (as the great thinker Palin says) reload and try again. This time without the lopsided projections about what I may or may not think. Try arguing against the middle class consumer and his power to move capital from hand to hand. We know how giving the top moneymakers more money works, and it's feeble and ineffective.
Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

The very notion that people being allowed to keep more of what's theirs to begin with belies your underlying envy and covetousness.

Who died and made you the arbiter of who needs the fruits of their labors and who doesn't, anyways?
Is it necessary to levy taxes?

The deficit has been caused by excessive spending, not lack of shaking down the citizenry.

If you're fool enough think you can tax your way out of this mess, you're not one of the grownups, sonny.

If his solution were to just raise taxes you would have a point.

Personally, I think anyone who thinks we can just tax our way out of this is just as foolish and naive as the person who thinks we can just spend cut our way out of it.

The only way out is to gut the hell out of spending.

From federal to state to local taxes, "fees", fines, inflation (which is itself a hidden tax), ad nauseum, Americans are being bilked all the way to the poor house.

It's high time the moocher class (which includes the scads of bureaucrats and officers who are harassing us and eating out our substance) got the hell out of the wagon and started pulling their *ahem* fair share of the load.

The deficit has been caused by excessive spending, not lack of shaking down the citizenry.

If you're fool enough think you can tax your way out of this mess, you're not one of the grownups, sonny.
The topic is tax cuts, not revamping the economic system of the United States to something just like they had in 1910.

Whenever you lose an argument (which is often) you restructure the argument. You cannot argue against giving the biggest breaks to the most people, so you argue against taxation altogether.

If I made that my habit, I'd be ashamed.

I'm not for taxing the rich because of emotion. I'm for taxing teh rich because giving those who need it least a 780 billion dollar break is not good fiscal policy

So giving away 3.2 trillion is good fiscal policy?

The GOP presented a letter to Harry Reid saying that they want ALL tax cuts extended for all incomes, or they will filibuster everything.

OK. Make my day. No tax cut extensions, period. Thanks GOP.

[actually the tax cuts are not detectable for those under $250k anyway]

Actually my tax rate is set to go up by 3% when the tax cuts expire. I make under $100,000/year and with inflation due to Obama's and Bush's monetary policies I already feel like I have gotten a pay cut over the last 2 years. This tax increase on my 5 figure income will make me even poorer than I am now.

And I approve of extending all the tax cuts for everyone, including my "rich" small business employer.

I also dissaprove of the Obama Admin's latest tactic of saying "We will extend all the cuts if you put an unemployment benefit extention into the bill" I dissaprove because that would not be funding the extention with existing funds and revenue but be borrowing to "finance" that extention which the country can no longer afford to do.

What I don't like about this debate is that congress has once again created a debate that prevents people from taking a hard look at government. Look at the big picture. We are essentially arguing over when the tax burden will increase and for who. Well shouldn't we be focusing on the premise first? Doesn't the fact that government is debating over when to give itself more money presume that government actually does need more money? Well, do they?

The debate over taxes needs to shift to what does government really need and not automatically jumping to who should pay and how much.

The GOP presented a letter to Harry Reid saying that they want ALL tax cuts extended for all incomes, or they will filibuster everything.

Actually my tax rate is set to go up by 3% when the tax cuts expire. I make under $100,000/year and with inflation due to Obama's and Bush's monetary policies I already feel like I have gotten a pay cut over the last 2 years. This tax increase on my 5 figure income will make me even poorer than I am now.

And I approve of extending all the tax cuts for everyone, including my "rich" small business employer.

I also dissaprove of the Obama Admin's latest tactic of saying "We will extend all the cuts if you put an unemployment benefit extention into the bill" I dissaprove because that would not be funding the extention with existing funds and revenue but be borrowing to "finance" that extention which the country can no longer afford to do.

What inflation?

I'm not for taxing the rich because of emotion. I'm for taxing teh rich because giving those who need it least a 780 billion dollar break is not good fiscal policy

So giving away 3.2 trillion is good fiscal policy?
Here we go with the "need" argument.
It is not our business to determine "need" regarding wealth or income.
To make that judgement one must set a standard or a limit of wealth or income.
To simply state "need" is a fail because that is a subjective observation.
The reason why those who pay the most get the largest tax break is simple. The highest earners have contributed the majority of the revenue.
The straw man argument against wealth or living wealthy is based solely on jealousy and envy.
Once again, in most arguments against reducing taxes on the highest earners is not based on the theory of lerger revenues for government. It is based on the theory of "getting even" or admistering punishment to those who others view as "having enough' or having "more than their 'fair share' of the economic pie."
In any event the argument is junk.
No additional taxation of the producers is going to matter a hill of beans to the less fortunate.
There seems to be a perception that if government absconds with more , that money will be available for transfer payments. That's completely false.

What inflation?

You don't get out much ,do you?
Have you not noticed rising energy and fuel prices?
Gas is up 20 cents per gallon since mid November.
Milk is up to $3.50 from the high 2's.
Inflation is occurring due to the dollar's weakness in the currency markets.
This weakness is caused by the Obama admin's deficit spending and the decision by the federal reserve to pump money into the stock markets. In order to do this, the federal reserve must print more currency. This crates more supply of dollars and thus the dollar becomes worth less.
The price of oil on the commodities exchanges is based on US Dollars.
Over the last 6-8 weeks the price of a barrel of oil has increased from about $72 per barrel to over $87 per barrel. The wholesale price of unleaded regular has jumped from $2.05 per gallon to nearly $2.40 per gallon. THAT is inflation. Why is this described as inflation? Simple. This is a low point of fuel consumption throughout the year. In fact demand is down significantly from last year, yet the price of gas is nearly 80 cents higher than one year ago. Despite lower demand, prices continue to rise. This is due to inflation.
Oh, and when the price of fuel increases so do the costs of manufacturing and shipping. Hence, consumer prices for most goods increase as well. Inflation.
FYI as I write this the NY Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) price for a barrel of oil is $88.94....NYMEX gasoline is at $2.33 per gallon.

What inflation?

This weakness is caused by the Obama admin's deficit spending and the decision by the federal reserve to pump money into the stock markets. In order to do this, the federal reserve must print more currency. This crates more supply of dollars and thus the dollar becomes worth less.
Over the last 6-8 weeks the price of a barrel of oil has increased from about $72 per barrel to over $87 per barrel. The wholesale price of unleaded regular has jumped from $2.05 per gallon to nearly $2.40 per gallon. THAT is inflation. Why is this described as inflation? Simple. This is a low point of fuel consumption throughout the year. In fact demand is down significantly from last year, yet the price of gas is nearly 80 cents higher than one year ago. Despite lower demand, prices continue to rise. This is due to inflation.
Oh, and when the price of fuel increases so do the costs of manufacturing and shipping. Hence, consumer prices for most goods increase as well. Inflation.
FYI as I write this the NY Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) price for a barrel of oil is $88.94....NYMEX gasoline is at $2.33 per gallon.
What is the current rate of inflation?

What inflation?

Inflation for the last reporting quarter was .9 of 1%. Use of selective facts makes you look dishonest as well as moronic to those who know the numbers.

What inflation?

That's not inflation, dope.

What inflation?

Based on your response, I don't think you know what "inflation" is.

What inflation?

Based on your response, I don't think you know what "inflation" is.

What difference does some convoluted government figure have to do with the fact that consumer prices are rising due to government and White House policies.
AT the end of the day, our money is not going as far as it did a year ago.
Now, if you want to debate the annual rate of inflation, go waste someone else's time.
We are paying more for consumables and energy than we were a year ago.
DO you think the person filling their gas tank or the person buying groceries gives a rat's ass about the official rate of inflation?
I could imagine this thought....."Wow, my grocery bill was $150 this week! Just last year I was spending $130. Oh but it's ok. Some guy in Washington just announced the annual rate of inflation is 2%. Gee I feel better now"..
Give me a huge friggin break.
Hey sunshine....Spin doesn't work here

What inflation?

That's not inflation, dope.

Dope?
Yer done. You don't know shit.
This is typical of you lefties. Out of touch with issues that the average person actually cares about. Do you really think the couple sitting down for an evening meal give a shit about the rate of inflation?...They care about how far their paycheck gets them each week.

Forum List

Back