Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
You don't get out much ,do you?
Have you not noticed rising energy and fuel prices?
Gas is up 20 cents per gallon since mid November.
Milk is up to $3.50 from the high 2's.
Inflation is occurring due to the dollar's weakness in the currency markets.
This weakness is caused by the Obama admin's deficit spending and the decision by the federal reserve to pump money into the stock markets. In order to do this, the federal reserve must print more currency. This crates more supply of dollars and thus the dollar becomes worth less.
The price of oil on the commodities exchanges is based on US Dollars.
Over the last 6-8 weeks the price of a barrel of oil has increased from about $72 per barrel to over $87 per barrel. The wholesale price of unleaded regular has jumped from $2.05 per gallon to nearly $2.40 per gallon. THAT is inflation. Why is this described as inflation? Simple. This is a low point of fuel consumption throughout the year. In fact demand is down significantly from last year, yet the price of gas is nearly 80 cents higher than one year ago. Despite lower demand, prices continue to rise. This is due to inflation.
Oh, and when the price of fuel increases so do the costs of manufacturing and shipping. Hence, consumer prices for most goods increase as well. Inflation.
FYI as I write this the NY Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) price for a barrel of oil is $88.94....NYMEX gasoline is at $2.33 per gallon.
That's not inflation, dope.

Dope?
Yer done. You don't know shit.
This is typical of you lefties. Out of touch with issues that the average person actually cares about. Do you really think the couple sitting down for an evening meal give a shit about the rate of inflation?...They care about how far their paycheck gets them each week.
Then call it what it is, and not inflation. So many goods fluctuate in price solely based on oil prices. Oil prices largely fluctuate due to speculation.

Thereisnospoon is trying the same nonsense of misdefinition in another thread and getting his wings pulled off there as well.

Any times the far right wacks start screaming "liberals", you know they are losing again.

That's not inflation, dope.

Dope?
This is typical of you lefties. Out of touch with issues that the average person actually cares about. Do you really think the couple sitting down for an evening meal give a shit about the rate of inflation?...They care about how far their paycheck gets them each week.
Then call it what it is, and not inflation. So many goods fluctuate in price solely based on oil prices. Oil prices largely fluctuate due to speculation.
No. That is not accurate.
You will not be permitted to simply dismiss the latest rise in energy prices by labeling it "speculation".
Market forces dictate the rise and fall of prices.
Put yourself in the investor's shoes. If your next meal came from a good trade and you lost that meal from a bad one, what would you advise your clients to do? Oh, don't worry about the falling dollar and sit chilly? No. Of course not.
The trader knows he or she must bid up the price to remain in the black.
Look, you people are not paying attention in class.
This administration's fiscal policies are directly responsible for the devaluation of the US Dollar. Borrowing money that has little hope of ever being paid back and the printing of new currency( thus increasing the money supply) reduces the value of the dollar.
That in and of itself is inflationary.
Simply dismissing the result by using buzzwords such as "speculation" is disingenuous.
Now, do you think you can reply without the insults? I am interested in continuing this debate in a civil manner. Let's try that, shall we?

Dope?
No. That is not accurate.
You will not be permitted to simply dismiss the latest rise in energy prices by labeling it "speculation".
Market forces dictate the rise and fall of prices.
Put yourself in the investor's shoes. If your next meal came from a good trade and you lost that meal from a bad one, what would you advise your clients to do? Oh, don't worry about the falling dollar and sit chilly? No. Of course not.
The trader knows he or she must bid up the price to remain in the black.
Look, you people are not paying attention in class.
This administration's fiscal policies are directly responsible for the devaluation of the US Dollar. Borrowing money that has little hope of ever being paid back and the printing of new currency( thus increasing the money supply) reduces the value of the dollar.
That in and of itself is inflationary.
Simply dismissing the result by using buzzwords such as "speculation" is disingenuous.
Now, do you think you can reply without the insults? I am interested in continuing this debate in a civil manner. Let's try that, shall we?

This latest round is due to the holidays. Oil prices always rise before Thanksgiving, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day. That's when people travel.

We are in more danger of deflation than inflation.

The GOP presented a letter to Harry Reid saying that they want ALL tax cuts extended for all incomes, or they will filibuster everything.

OK. Make my day. No tax cut extensions, period. Thanks GOP.

[actually the tax cuts are not detectable for those under $250k anyway]

Actually my tax rate is set to go up by 3% when the tax cuts expire. I make under $100,000/year and with inflation due to Obama's and Bush's monetary policies I already feel like I have gotten a pay cut over the last 2 years. This tax increase on my 5 figure income will make me even poorer than I am now.

And I approve of extending all the tax cuts for everyone, including my "rich" small business employer.

I also dissaprove of the Obama Admin's latest tactic of saying "We will extend all the cuts if you put an unemployment benefit extention into the bill" I dissaprove because that would not be funding the extention with existing funds and revenue but be borrowing to "finance" that extention which the country can no longer afford to do.

What inflation?

Everything from clothing to food to feul has increased over 10% on me in the last 2-3 years.

Do you not shop for yourself?

Actually my tax rate is set to go up by 3% when the tax cuts expire. I make under $100,000/year and with inflation due to Obama's and Bush's monetary policies I already feel like I have gotten a pay cut over the last 2 years. This tax increase on my 5 figure income will make me even poorer than I am now.

And I approve of extending all the tax cuts for everyone, including my "rich" small business employer.

I also dissaprove of the Obama Admin's latest tactic of saying "We will extend all the cuts if you put an unemployment benefit extention into the bill" I dissaprove because that would not be funding the extention with existing funds and revenue but be borrowing to "finance" that extention which the country can no longer afford to do.

What inflation?

Everything from clothing to food to feul has increased over 10% on me in the last 2-3 years.

Geez, another one.

That's not inflation. Learn what inflation is, then come back to this thread, armed with knowledge you previously did not possess.

What inflation?

Geez, another one.

That's not inflation. Learn what inflation is, then come back to this thread, armed with knowledge you previously did not possess.

Rising prices are the result of inflation you silly goose.

Inflation is caused by adding more money into circulation in relation to goods and services which has been done by our printing of money and more recently by the printing of additional 500billion to 1 trillion to pay debts.

I have a BBA and know full well what inflation is.

Instead of deflecting away from my accurate assesment with false claims of superior knowledge why don't you just own up to the fact that you were intially wrong and now understand that the rising prices are a result of inflation. I wont hold it against you.

Geez, another one.

Inflation is caused by adding more money into circulation in relation to goods and services which has been done by our printing of money and more recently by the printing of additional 500billion to 1 trillion to pay debts.

Instead of deflecting away from my accurate assesment with false claims of superior knowledge why don't you just own up to the fact that you were intially wrong and now understand that the rising prices are a result of inflation. I wont hold it against you.
What is the current rate of inflation?

From 2007 to 2010 it averaged 5.5%

Some goods, such as clothing, food, and fuel have seen a larger inflation number while other goods such as furnishings, automobiles, and manufacturing equipment have stayed steady or even declined.

keep trying..........

Plymco, give us some links, please. I read a couple of months ago that the last quarterly average was .9 of 1%.

"Our side", the GOP, is still the minority in the government.

Any other statement is simply stupid.

The GOP wants to keep the rich richer. The Dems will do that in return for an extension of unemployment benefits and the extension of the nuke treaty.

Who wants to bet that will happen: tit for tat.
The dems have to extend the unemployment benefits because they couldn't fix the economy. Just another bandaid attempt on there part.

Geez, another one.

Healthcare has certainly gotten more expensive since we got Obamacare

Plymco, give us some links, please. I read a couple of months ago that the last quarterly average was .9 of 1%.

Yes last year had low inflation. But something that cost me $100.00 in 2007, adjusted for the average inflation of all goods and services, would be $105.50.

That includes housing prices which have dropped off a cliff in the last few years, most notably in 2009, having a HUGE impact on the overall inflation numbers...in fact it almost led to deflation in 09.

Other goods such as gasoline have experienced 15% inflation since then. Cloathing about 10% Food about 8%.

Here is an interesting site for you Consumer Price Index (CPI) check out the CPI reports. You'll see what I see.

Geez, another one.

Yeah that has gone up too, thanks for reminding me. I now pay $47/week instead of $39....thats a big jump.

Yes last year had low inflation. But something that cost me $100.00 in 2007, adjusted for the average inflation of all goods and services, would be $105.50.

That includes housing prices which have dropped off a cliff in the last few years, most notably in 2009, having a HUGE impact on the overall inflation numbers...in fact it almost led to deflation in 09.

Other goods such as gasoline have experienced 15% inflation since then. Cloathing about 10% Food about 8%.

Here is an interesting site for you Consumer Price Index (CPI) check out the CPI reports. You'll see what I see.

OK, you can't show us that inflation is going up. Thanks.

Geez, another one.

It hasn't kicked in yet. That's just the free market gouging you again.

OK, you can't show us that inflation is going up. Thanks.
Amazing, isn't it?

Forum List

Back