Poll on tax cuts: for everyone or for under $250k only

Do you vote with the GOP or tell the GOP to pound sand?

• YES. I vote to extend ALL tax cuts for 2-years

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • NO. I vote to kill all tax cuts and blame the GOP obstructionists.

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
Medicare Part D, anyone?

Bush's deficits were in decline until Democrats controlled Congress in 2007.
Wrong. And you know it's wrong.

No.

Look at 2005, 2006, and 2007.

images

The Republicans put us in this hole by trying to fight two wars and cut government income at the same time. Both foolish and stupid. Now they are trying to shift the blame for the results. And, once again, trying to cut government income, while not addressing spending.

Come on, people, do you think that all the infrastructure in this nation is free? That the military that protects us has no cost? That the people that have worked all their lives deserve nothing in return?

The fiscally sane thing to do is to let the tax cuts expire, and then start closing loopholes for both individuals and corperations.

The Republicans put us in this hole by trying to fight two wars and cut government income at the same time. Both foolish and stupid. Now they are trying to shift the blame for the results. And, once again, trying to cut government income, while not addressing spending.

Come on, people, do you think that all the infrastructure in this nation is free? That the military that protects us has no cost? That the people that have worked all their lives deserve nothing in return?

The fiscally sane thing to do is to let the tax cuts expire, and then start closing loopholes for both individuals and corperations.

Those costs were the same for Bush as they were for Obama.

Obama accounts for all of that in the budget. Bush ducked it, just as you are doing. You are dishonest, but then, you always have been a man without honor here.

Equality for all! Unless your a Democrat, who wants to not pay taxes, by shifting the burden to others. Your OP is wrong to begin with. You don't get a tax cut, if you are below the threshhold for paying.

Just how long are we supposed to pay for people who haven't found work in two years?

Health care is unregulated? A free market?
Are they allowed to arbitrarily raise your rates without going before a regulatory agency for permission first?

In some states they are, some they are not.

And no, health care is not a free market in this country. It is nowhere remotely close and hasn't been for decades.

Personally, I'm really enjoying Obama lecture the country about how extending the tax cuts are now necessary to prevent a double dip recession (although if he really believed that, the extension would be permanent).

Personally, I'm really enjoying Obama lecture the country about how extending the tax cuts are now necessary to prevent a double dip recession (although if he really believed that, the extension would be permanent).
Not just tax cuts, but the BUSH tax cuts.
You know -- the ones we were told that we just for the rich.

The deficit has been caused by excessive spending, not lack of shaking down the citizenry.

If you're fool enough think you can tax your way out of this mess, you're not one of the grownups, sonny.
The topic is tax cuts, not revamping the economic system of the United States to something just like they had in 1910.

Whenever you lose an argument (which is often) you restructure the argument. You cannot argue against giving the biggest breaks to the most people, so you argue against taxation altogether.

If I made that my habit, I'd be ashamed.
HA!...You're the dweeb who asked whether or not I thought anyone should have their incomes taxed....If anyone has reframed the argument here, it's you....If anyone should be ashamed for such a flaccid projection, it's you.

There are no tax cuts currently on the table...In fact, the current stupid "deal" involves a tax increase, with the reinstatement of the grave robbery that is the death tax.

All that's being argued here, as it relates to income tax rates, is the continuance of the status quo.

Last edited:
Obama went on the biggest spending binge in the history of the world for two years without raising income taxes.

It's not the tax revenue.

Not true. Bush passed two income tax reductions and a "prebate" all while fighting two unfunded wars. A first in american history.

Bush ran up about 6 trillion in debt and in his final year left us with a deficit of well over a trillion dollars, perhaps as much as 1.5 trillion.

In fact Bush more than doubled the debt of all other presidents in our history. All with GOP approval of course.

"Fiscal conservatives". That is enough to bring down the house with hysterical laughter.

Not true. Bush passed two income tax reductions and a "prebate" all while fighting two unfunded wars. A first in american history.
False.
The 2001 tax cut was passed pre-9-11.
Bush ran up about 6 trillion in debt...
False.
National debt 1-20-2001....$5,728B
National debt 1-20-2009....$10,626B = $4,898B
National debt now:............$13,846B = $3,220B
So... in 2 years, The Obama ran up 65% of GWB's 8-year debt.
In fact Bush more than doubled the debt of all other presidents in our history. All with GOP approval of course.
False.
As demostrated above, as well as...
FY2008 FY2009
Both budgets - those with the largest deficits - passed by a Dem-controlled Congress.
"Fiscal conservatives". That is enough to bring down the house with hysterical laughter.
The true humor comes from the fact that nothing you said has any basis in fact.
But, that's what happens when your grasp of the subject is limited to the talking points you found in a DNC e-mail.

If you cannot get the basic facts, straight, why should we take seriously anything else you might say?

Last edited:
Bush signed the budgets; he gets the responsibility right along with the congresses from 2001.

Bush signed the budgets; he gets the responsibility right along with the congresses from 2001.

...and if he didn't signed it...

it would become law anyways.

I guess he could have vetoed it, but then Congress could override that.

You do have a point to your post right?

Forum List

Back