Poll: Most Doctors Favor Public

Of course doctors submit claims to medicare and medicaid. That was his point. Let me know if you still didn't get it.

Oh boy.... ummm no, that was not his point. I don't know what you "think" you understand, but his statement was very clear. Let me know if you need further explanation =)

Based on your initial response to my post you actually think you understood what I meant??!! Are you dyslexic or just plain ignorant? Yes that was my point. I'm offering free reading lessons through the Evylin Wood Head Sped Redding School of Compension, you surely could use it. After that we can move on to fifth grade reading comprehension.

Oh boy.... ummm no, that was not his point. I don't know what you "think" you understand, but his statement was very clear. Let me know if you need further explanation =)

Based on your initial response to my post you actually think you understood what I meant??!! Are you dyslexic or just plain ignorant? Yes that was my point. I'm offering free reading lessons through the Evylin Wood Head Sped Redding School of Compension, you surely could use it. After that we can move on to fifth grade reading comprehension.

Sorry! Don't mean to offend. I was just illustrating a point that neither of you read any part of the document I referenced. THAT is the reason his response (taken IN context), made no sense. IF you had read the document (or time permitting, at least opened and looked at it for a few minutes), then neither of you would have made the comments you did.

The article does NOT deal with a poll taken by doctors. It deals with a poll taken by Employees of major corporations and other institutions (patients), and was sponsored by those companies. Nearly all of these are conservative institutions, not liberally biased.

His comment, taken in light of this, is trying to suggest that these numbers represent the opinions of doctors (who obviously can't wait to submit another "padded" claim), which suggests that neither of you read any part of it, and instead of presenting a valid point of view, you read the thread title, assumed I was talking about doctors, and made emotionally charged irrelevant statements. THAT, I believe, was one of the main points of my original post.

Anyway, sorry if I offended either of you. My intent was truly to present another point of view. That is all. I do have to admit, I was hoping for a more meaningful response. As for the comment about 5th grade, at least I read it "slowly"....

-sensored

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the respondents to the poll have been padding Medicare/Medicaid claims for decades and see this as just another "opportunity"?

You mean like the head of Conservatives for Patients Rights, Rick Scott? His company padded to the point of 1.7 billion dollars, proven. No one knows how much was not proven. And his company paid a fine of 1.7 billion. Scott recieved no time for his felonious conduct, indeed, recieved 100 million for his last year at the company. Now he is the Rushpublican poster boy for opposition to any health care bill.

You can't find a reputable doctor that doesn't believe the "science" of evolution is the foundation science for Botany, Biology and Physiology. If conservatives would just go the "faith healers" where they belong, and leave doctors to thinking people, supply and demand would lower the cost.

Sorry! Don't mean to offend. I was just illustrating a point that neither of you read any part of the document I referenced. THAT is the reason his response (taken IN context), made no sense. IF you had read the document (or time permitting, at least opened and looked at it for a few minutes), then neither of you would have made the comments you did.

The article does NOT deal with a poll taken by doctors. It deals with a poll taken by Employees of major corporations and other institutions (patients), and was sponsored by those companies. Nearly all of these are conservative institutions, not liberally biased.

His comment, taken in light of this, is trying to suggest that these numbers represent the opinions of doctors (who obviously can't wait to submit another "padded" claim), which suggests that neither of you read any part of it, and instead of presenting a valid point of view, you read the thread title, assumed I was talking about doctors, and made emotionally charged irrelevant statements. THAT, I believe, was one of the main points of my original post.

Anyway, sorry if I offended either of you. My intent was truly to present another point of view. That is all. I do have to admit, I was hoping for a more meaningful response. As for the comment about 5th grade, at least I read it "slowly"....

-sensored

Commonsensored, the people that you deal with here are, for the most part, not interested in a real conversation concerning health care. They only wish that their partisan viewpoint be noted, and if you show where that viewpoint is flawed, they reply with personal insults and scatalogical referances to your sexual preferances.

Poll Finds Most Doctors Support Public Option : NPR

gr-doctorsurvey-300.gif

When polled, "nearly three-quarters of physicians supported some form of a public option, either alone or in combination with private insurance options," says Dr. Salomeh Keyhani. She and Dr. Alex Federman, both internists and researchers at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, conducted a random survey, by mail and by phone, of 2,130 doctors. They surveyed them from June right up to early September.

Most doctors — 63 percent — say they favor giving patients a choice that would include both public and private insurance. That's the position of President Obama and of many congressional Democrats. In addition, another 10 percent of doctors say they favor a public option only; they'd like to see a single-payer health care system. Together, the two groups add up to 73 percent.

Lies lies lies lies lies lies and more lies

Whoops...

Not so fast...

Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

It also calls into question whether an overhaul is even doable; 72% of the doctors polled disagree with the administration's claim that the government can cover 47 million more people with better-quality care at lower cost.

(more at link)

Investor's Business Daily -- 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Fine. Let them quit.

Fine. Let them quit.

Agreed. Although I think they already are quitting. Malpractice INSURANCE is insane (funny how that word always pops up when we're talking about the causes of "the rising cost of healthcare") . And yet we insist that they have a place in a healthcare system. They don't. They only belong in an "illness industry".

Whoops...

Not so fast...

Two of every three practicing physicians oppose the medical overhaul plan under consideration in Washington, and hundreds of thousands would think about shutting down their practices or retiring early if it were adopted, a new IBD/TIPP Poll has found.

The poll contradicts the claims of not only the White House, but also doctors' own lobby — the powerful American Medical Association — both of which suggest the medical profession is behind the proposed overhaul.

It also calls into question whether an overhaul is even doable; 72% of the doctors polled disagree with the administration's claim that the government can cover 47 million more people with better-quality care at lower cost.

(more at link)

Investor's Business Daily -- 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

Fine. Let them quit.
You think the lines for getting to see a doctor will get shorter or longer with that many leaving practice?

Whoops...

Not so fast...

(more at link)

Fine. Let them quit.

The crux of this is that most doctors do not want the Obamacare, by a margin of 2 out of 3. Not like what has been stated previouisly from the AMA. Only around 18% of doctors are a member of that group, and I'm almost positive not all of them are on board with a healthcare overhaul.
Your answer is let them quit????:cuckoo: Your proving just what a nut you are Old Rocks. We need all the doctors we can get when the right healthcare reform get passed.

Last edited:

-sensored

Commonsensored, the people that you deal with here are, for the most part, not interested in a real conversation concerning health care. They only wish that their partisan viewpoint be noted, and if you show where that viewpoint is flawed, they reply with personal insults and scatalogical referances to your sexual preferances.
kinda like you Rocks...

I wonder how many of the respondents to the poll have been padding Medicare/Medicaid claims for decades and see this as just another "opportunity"?

You mean like the head of Conservatives for Patients Rights, Rick Scott? His company padded to the point of 1.7 billion dollars, proven. No one knows how much was not proven. And his company paid a fine of 1.7 billion. Scott recieved no time for his felonious conduct, indeed, recieved 100 million for his last year at the company. Now he is the Rushpublican poster boy for opposition to any health care bill.

You've brought this up on another thread, Old Rocks. I guess I will repeat what I said in that one. If this much fraud is going on with Medicare...just how in the hell will the government run the healthcare reform? There will be fraud on a massive scale that isn't built into the budget. It will be bankrupt much sooner than the CBO predicts a shortage.

Thanks for making the point for all of us to see.

gr-doctorsurvey-300.gif

When polled, "nearly three-quarters of physicians supported some form of a public option, either alone or in combination with private insurance options," says Dr. Salomeh Keyhani. She and Dr. Alex Federman, both internists and researchers at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, conducted a random survey, by mail and by phone, of 2,130 doctors. They surveyed them from June right up to early September.

Most doctors — 63 percent — say they favor giving patients a choice that would include both public and private insurance. That's the position of President Obama and of many congressional Democrats. In addition, another 10 percent of doctors say they favor a public option only; they'd like to see a single-payer health care system. Together, the two groups add up to 73 percent.

They would????????????????? 45% of doctors said they would quit or retire should his plan go through. Now, think about this, we are going to add app 30 million to the government insurance and 45% of our doctors quit or retire. I think there will be massive rationing, don't you?:lol:

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

The crux of this is that most doctors do not want the Obamacare, by a margin of 2 out of 3. Not like what has been stated previouisly from the AMA. Only around 18% of doctors are a member of that group, and I'm almost positive not all of them are on board with a healthcare overhaul.
Your answer is let them quit????:cuckoo: Your proving just what a nut you are Old Rocks. We need all the doctors we can get when the right healthcare reform get passed.

the 2 docs i see just about said the same thing when i asked them about this.....it all depends on whos calling the shots....they dont want the Feds to have anything to with running this....they both feel Medicare is a disaster and the feds are asses to deal with....

gr-doctorsurvey-300.gif

They would????????????????? 45% of doctors said they would quit or retire should his plan go through. Now, think about this, we are going to add app 30 million to the government insurance and 45% of our doctors quit or retire. I think there will be massive rationing, don't you?:lol:

Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul

I posted that article earlier...;)

I found it surfing the internet instead of listening to Foreman and 13 drone on about some patient...;)

The crux of this is that most doctors do not want the Obamacare, by a margin of 2 out of 3. Not like what has been stated previouisly from the AMA. Only around 26% of doctors are a member of that group, and I'm almost positive not all of them are on board with a healthcare overhaul.

First, please post some references for the numbers you cite. Then, explain to me how the fact that only 26% of doctors being members of the AMA means that the other 74% are either for or against it? Actually, the 26% represents a ratio and if applied to the whole, would be multiplied by approx. 4 to get the real picture.

Lastly, doctors are quitting in alarming numbers RIGHT NOW. Doctors are not the primary reason healthcare is so expensive. The primary reason is a profit approach without serious competition (and outright price-fixing in pharmaceuticals) leaves us without adequate market control (we the people). Since we don't have a choice (not to) use healthcare.

The best mechanism (my opinion) suggested to date for creating competition and therefore controlling costs, is to have a public option. This is NOT big government taking over. This is government created by "we the people" doing whatever "we the people" want them to. If they don't, we constitutionally are required to remove them. So, if "we the people" decide we want the government to participate in things that make our lives better, we can make that choice. Personally, I'd much rather contribute my tax dollars to things that do good for our society, like health, education, and infrastructure, science, etc., and loathe the fact that we're spending so much on unnecessary wars (including Afghanistan).

In the end though, this healthcare "season" is almost over. Even if something does pass, it will not solve the real issues (again my opinion).

gr-doctorsurvey-300.gif

This is a riot.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

According to the above article, The AMA only represents 18% of physicians. Whoppee, we got a major majority going on here. That's hysterical.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Doctors have had a strangle hold on the US long enough.

Oh yeah Kitten, they strangle you every time you go to them when you are sick. It's the medical mal pracice insurance and the lack of tort reform by the democrats that has a strangle hold on them. Get freggin real here.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back