Poll: Most Democrats Seldom Or Never Attend Church...

:lol:

It's common knowledge it's a myth...

You obviously know nothing about history.....

It was common knowledge by the 2nd century that the earth was round...

In theory the Egyptians knew the Earth was round...

This is all fact...

I can clearly see you have never read a history book EVER...

Pythagoras theorized it and Eratosthenes proved it..

Okay. Maybe we can't have a civil discussion. Because everyone else is DUMB.
I've read a history book. Must be that Georgie Porgie hasn't, because he argued with me about this until dusk.

If you'll remember, I'm not the one who needed to be convinced that the world is round.
So it doesn't matter whether or not it has been proven. If someone chooses not to believe it, then they won't believe it.

Must be that you've never been around a very hard-headed Protestant before. I'm talking about the bible-thumping, cornbread fed, fire and brimstone, everyone's-going-to-hell-but-us, Protestant. Come down South for a visit. Go to a town with 1,000 people, with no freeway access for 100 miles...and I guarantee that you'll find what I'm talking about.

I'm Catholic and I have family members who are Opus Dei and who are scientists...

Yes, my fiance is Catholic. Catholics (most) are more...scholarly than many (not all)....(trying to think of a diplomatic way to say this) fundamentalist Christians that I've been around.

It's a totally different world: Protestants vs. Catholics. Most of the fundamentalists are very sweet, giving, and spirited people; as long as a person keeps their dirty laundry hidden from them. Everything is black or white with much of that population.

So...Attending church is what makes one godly? You know.... there are those that feel Christ did not want his church to be like the corrupt Jewish church of the day. That godliness doesn't come from going to a "place of worship", but lies within a personal worship of Christ.

Personally... I don't see how one can be a Christian and a Conservative. The two seem incompatible.

Whose the one really full of shit?

You're choosing to just ignore clear evidence that Democrats in office, are not as committed to religion.

Hmmm Maybe organized religion is part of the problem and Dems just know it.

As a matter a fact, thats exactly what they think, and that's why I'd rather cut my dick off, than vote for one of them.

Whose the one really full of shit?

You're choosing to just ignore clear evidence that Democrats in office, are not as committed to religion.

As a matter a fact, thats exactly what they think, and that's why I'd rather cut my dick off, than vote for one of them.

Do the future a favor and proceed with that plan.

bibletales.jpg

Christianity.jpg

It is scary to share the planet with people who believe this bullshit.

You wouldn't mock the koran, or Islam right?

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

And if we continued to think the way you do, you would be a hell of a lot worse off.

We just sent a particle faster than the speed of light...

Now who is the idiot??

All those equations are fucked now aren't they???

String theory is fucked...

Particles found to break speed of light | Reuters

So? Not sure where you were hoping to take that, but it doesn't go where you want it to go, that's for damn sure.

Yeah well quantum physics basis is the theory of relativity and when a particle travels past the speed of light that kinda fucks that theory up.. Pretty much making that theory defunct, hence making the theorems and proofs that lend credence to string theory and M-Theory false...

You don't know much do you??

I know some are gonna get real snotty and start up with the predictable "Evil Hypocrite" rhetoric,but i guess i held out hope for something different. Church is a very comforting and uplifting experience. I think more Americans should attend. Being with God really does soothe the soul.

and maybe more would have a conscience !!

See the libs/dems would have to say to many hail marys and the lord prayer

Now who is the idiot??

So? Not sure where you were hoping to take that, but it doesn't go where you want it to go, that's for damn sure.

Yeah well quantum physics basis is the theory of relativity and when a particle travels past the speed of light that kinda fucks that theory up.. Pretty much making that theory defunct, hence making the theorems and proofs that lend credence to string theory and M-Theory false...

Obviously Mr Nick you weren't paying attention when basically every scientist said "we fucked up our measurements somehow, we just don't know how." Current odds are about 1000-1 that this actually disproves relativity.

You mean the plan to treat my dick (that the lord has blessed me with btw) like gold, and never vote for a loony Dem? That plans in motion, thanks.

Now who is the idiot??

Good thing I work in the field of astrophysics and cosmology then, huh. Thanks for spreading all this misinformation though.

You mean the plan to treat my dick (that the lord has blessed me with btw) like gold, and never vote for a loony Dem? That plans in motion, thanks.

People like you are where most of the problems in the world originate from.

You decide on things for aesthetic reasons instead of educated decisions.

Okay. Maybe we can't have a civil discussion. Because everyone else is DUMB.
I've read a history book. Must be that Georgie Porgie hasn't, because he argued with me about this until dusk.

If you'll remember, I'm not the one who needed to be convinced that the world is round.
So it doesn't matter whether or not it has been proven. If someone chooses not to believe it, then they won't believe it.

Must be that you've never been around a very hard-headed Protestant before. I'm talking about the bible-thumping, cornbread fed, fire and brimstone, everyone's-going-to-hell-but-us, Protestant. Come down South for a visit. Go to a town with 1,000 people, with no freeway access for 100 miles...and I guarantee that you'll find what I'm talking about.

I'm Catholic and I have family members who are Opus Dei and who are scientists...

Yes, my fiance is Catholic. Catholics (most) are more...scholarly than many (not all)....(trying to think of a diplomatic way to say this) fundamentalist Christians that I've been around.

It's a totally different world: Protestants vs. Catholics. Most of the fundamentalists are very sweet, giving, and spirited people; as long as a person keeps their dirty laundry hidden from them. Everything is black or white with much of that population.

Fundamentalist Catholics are no harm to anyone. In modern times they would be comparable to pacifists...

Both sides of my family are Roman Catholic - many on my mothers side embrace science but still hold Catholic values...

I suppose Catholics are more liberal than other denominations but I never found my belief in God and Jesus to conflict with my belief in science...

Good thing I work in the field of astrophysics and cosmology then, huh. Thanks for spreading all this misinformation though.

cleaning the shitters at mt. wilson isn't exactly *working in astrophysics and cosmology*, but you're welcome to keep pretending it is. :thup:

cleaning the shitters at mt. wilson isn't exactly *working in astrophysics and cosmology*, but you're welcome to keep pretending it is. :thup:

I would have simply said I was a janitor in such a case. As it is, I am simply stating a fact.

I would have simply said I was a janitor in such a case. As it is, I am simply stating a fact.

i'm sure being simple figures large in your life.

No you don't...

Besides, astrophysics and cosmology has nothing to do with quantum mechanics or theoretical physics...

Any astrophysicist would know that...

No you don't...

Besides, astrophysics and cosmology has nothing to do with quantum mechanics or theoretical physics...

Any astrophysicist would know that...

Shame, someone forgot to leave that memo to Hawkings, Tyson, Susskind...

I'll let them know that because they are astrophysicists, they are not qualified to work on quantum theory and theoretical physics.

Fundamentalist Catholics are no harm to anyone. In modern times they would be comparable to pacifists...

Both sides of my family are Roman Catholic - many on my mothers side embrace science but still hold Catholic values...

I suppose Catholics are more liberal than other denominations but I never found my belief in God and Jesus to conflict with my belief in science...

Yes, I'm speaking more of fundamentalist protestants. The snake-handlers and the like.
As the adage goes: "I couldn't make this shit up."

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYBEbU8kl0"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBYBEbU8kl0[/ame]

It sounds like Jailhouse Rock.

Forum List

Back