Poll: Most Democrats Seldom Or Never Attend Church...

Democrats can brush this off, all they want, but it is VERY telling.

Democrat politicians have a god-complex, and democrat voters think their politician's are god.

What a crock of shit.

Nice rebuttal, but with exception-democrats are a godless group, with no humility, to believe there is something greater than them. IMHO

No, it's right on the nose.

The reason the left has a special hatred for Christianity is that the religion promotes the concept of liberty, that man is answerable ultimately to God. This offends the authoritarian nature of the left, which promotes the idea that man always must submit to the state.

The left hold the rulers of the state to be the law. The constitution is only what the SCOTUS feels it is at any given time. Obama can declare law by fiat, etc.

??

So supporting the right to NOT have a religion also offends you?

I'm sure that it's the concept of thought that you object to.

It is funny that you include liberty and God in the same sentence.

yeah, what kind of religious whack job would do that? :lol:

they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

Creator could mean something completely secular however. It's well known that many of the founding fathers were Deists, including the man that wrote the Declaration of Independence.

Also, the declaration of independence, last I checked, is not the foundation of our system of laws.

But literally a Declaration of Independence.

No one ever EVER thought the world was flat.....

It's a total myth Christians thought the world was flat - civilizations knew the earth was round before the birth of Jesus, Pythagoras proved that 6-7 BC..

The "flat earth" myth started with a novel written after Columbus came to the new world called "A History of the Life and Voyages of Christopher Columbus.".

That is where the whole "the Christians believe the Earth is flat" nonsense began...

As far as time - 6 days could mean 6 billion years......

No, it's not a "myth". I've had the discussion with a living, breathing person, about whether or not the world was flat. I wish it were a myth....but it isn't. It's one of my coworkers. The one who tells me that I'm going to hell.

We actually get along great. We just don't agree on the most fundamental things.

:lol:

It's common knowledge it's a myth...

You obviously know nothing about history.....

It was common knowledge by the 2nd century that the earth was round...

In theory the Egyptians knew the Earth was round...

This is all fact...

I can clearly see you have never read a history book EVER...

Pythagoras theorized it and Eratosthenes proved it..

Okay. Maybe we can't have a civil discussion. Because everyone else is DUMB.
I've read a history book. Must be that Georgie Porgie hasn't, because he argued with me about this until dusk.

If you'll remember, I'm not the one who needed to be convinced that the world is round.
So it doesn't matter whether or not it has been proven. If someone chooses not to believe it, then they won't believe it.

Must be that you've never been around a very hard-headed Protestant before. I'm talking about the bible-thumping, cornbread fed, fire and brimstone, everyone's-going-to-hell-but-us, Protestant. Come down South for a visit. Go to a town with 1,000 people, with no freeway access for 100 miles...and I guarantee that you'll find what I'm talking about.

It is funny that you include liberty and God in the same sentence.

they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...

Creator could mean something completely secular however. It's well known that many of the founding fathers were Deists, including the man that wrote the Declaration of Independence.

Also, the declaration of independence, last I checked, is not the foundation of our system of laws.

it could, but it doesn't.

what exactly do you think deists believe in, fermi?

show me where anyone has claimed the declaration is a foundation of our laws, please, because i missed it.

keep swinging

Democrats can brush this off, all they want, but it is VERY telling.

Democrat politicians have a god-complex, and democrat voters think their politician's are god.

What a crock of shit.

Nice rebuttal, but with exception-democrats are a godless group, with no humility, to believe there is something greater than them. IMHO

So...Attending church is what makes one godly? You know.... there are those that feel Christ did not want his church to be like the corrupt Jewish church of the day. That godliness doesn't come from going to a "place of worship", but lies within a personal worship of Christ.

Personally... I don't see how one can be a Christian and a Conservative. The two seem incompatible.

show me where anyone has claimed the declaration is a foundation of our laws, please, because i missed it.

keep swinging

What?

keep swinging

What?

did i stutter?

well, it doesn't have to. but if one is a fundamentalist extremist, the two really can't be reconciled. scientists know the earth isn't 6000 years old.. and they know dinosaurs walked the earth and NOT when man did.

however, if you read A Brief History of Time, it seems pretty clear that the big bang can readily be reconciled with a sane view of the bible.

The problem with the bible is its translation... Is it 6000 or 6 billion??

Also, I'm into string theory so the big bang to me is about as insane as the theory of a God that created the universe when broken down into mathematics..

I suppose my point is that I'm a Christan and I believe in God but when you look at string theory its about as awesome as God.

Theoretical physics is pretty wild...

Really, that's interesting that you should mention that.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Landscape-String-Illusion-Intelligent/dp/0316013331/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2]Amazon.com: The Cosmic Landscape: String Theory and the Illusion of Intelligent Design (9780316013338): Leonard Susskind: Books[/ame]

Have fun.

String theory/M-theory is delusional....

I think some people hate the idea of a God so much that they would rather accept magical vibrating strings rather than a God....

I think theoretical physics and quantum mechanics are very interesting, however equations cant explain the unknown...

We know .0001% of our existence and the existence of the universe...

No, it's not a "myth". I've had the discussion with a living, breathing person, about whether or not the world was flat. I wish it were a myth....but it isn't. It's one of my coworkers. The one who tells me that I'm going to hell.

We actually get along great. We just don't agree on the most fundamental things.

This is all fact...

Okay. Maybe we can't have a civil discussion. Because everyone else is DUMB.
I've read a history book. Must be that Georgie Porgie hasn't, because he argued with me about this until dusk.

If you'll remember, I'm not the one who needed to be convinced that the world is round.
So it doesn't matter whether or not it has been proven. If someone chooses not to believe it, then they won't believe it.

Must be that you've never been around a very hard-headed Protestant before. I'm talking about the bible-thumping, cornbread fed, fire and brimstone, everyone's-going-to-hell-but-us, Protestant. Come down South for a visit. Go to a town with 1,000 people, with no freeway access for 100 miles...and I guarantee that you'll find what I'm talking about.

I'm Catholic and I have family members who are Opus Dei and who are scientists...

The problem with the bible is its translation... Is it 6000 or 6 billion??

Also, I'm into string theory so the big bang to me is about as insane as the theory of a God that created the universe when broken down into mathematics..

I suppose my point is that I'm a Christan and I believe in God but when you look at string theory its about as awesome as God.

Theoretical physics is pretty wild...

Really, that's interesting that you should mention that.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Cosmic-Landscape-String-Illusion-Intelligent/dp/0316013331/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2]Amazon.com: The Cosmic Landscape: String Theory and the Illusion of Intelligent Design (9780316013338): Leonard Susskind: Books[/ame]

Have fun.

I think some people hate the idea of a God so much that they would rather accept magical vibrating strings rather than a God....

I think theoretical physics and quantum mechanics are very interesting, however equations cant explain the unknown...

And if we continued to think the way you do, you would be a hell of a lot worse off.

What a crock of shit.

So...Attending church is what makes one godly? You know.... there are those that feel Christ did not want his church to be like the corrupt Jewish church of the day. That godliness doesn't come from going to a "place of worship", but lies within a personal worship of Christ.

Personally... I don't see how one can be a Christian and a Conservative. The two seem incompatible.

Whose the one really full of shit?

You're choosing to just ignore clear evidence that Democrats in office, are not as committed to religion.

You're choosing to just ignore clear evidence that Democrats in office, are not as committed to religion.

Hmmm Maybe organized religion is part of the problem and Dems just know it.

Who the fuck cares?

If they do, there is something seriously wrong with them.

This is all fact...

and there were probably 50 people in 15th century europe that had heard of either one

It doesn't matter and most likely you would be correct but it was still common knowledge.

Most common folk couldn't read back in the 15th century but they certainly knew the earth was round...

You're talking 2000 years after the discovery...

No one ever EVER believed the earth was flat under our modern calender er the past 2011 years.. Maybe a few ignorant tribes and tribes of Gypsies maybe but 99% of the known world knew the earth was round...

And if we continued to think the way you do, you would be a hell of a lot worse off.

We just sent a particle faster than the speed of light...

Now who is the idiot??

All those equations are fucked now aren't they???

String theory is fucked...

Particles found to break speed of light | Reuters

Who the fuck cares?

If they do, there is something seriously wrong with them.

you are a fucking imbecile,

We just sent a particle faster than the speed of light...

Now who is the idiot??

All those equations are fucked now aren't they???

String theory is fucked...

Particles found to break speed of light | Reuters

So? Not sure where you were hoping to take that, but it doesn't go where you want it to go, that's for damn sure.

I like how you attempt to siphon some form of credit that you were somehow involved in what occurred.

It was me and mine that put in the effort and work as hard as we do to advance our understanding of the universe. Not you and cavemen like you.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back