Poll: Most Democrats Seldom Or Never Attend Church...

AAAAAHhhhhhh, Progress.

Now all we need is for the rest of the population to reject Bronze Age Superstitions...

In what universe does religion conflict with science??

Science will always be in conflict with dogmatic religions that believe they are infallible.

How the fuck does religion conflict with science??

It seems progressives can never answer simple questions...

Too bad that wasn't the question you asked then.

And I'm not a progressive, not sure where you got that idea.

Then again, I'm not sure how you get ANY idea.

Last edited:
I really do believe this is more important than most like to think. I truly believe the further you move away from God,the more lost you become. I think Church is important.

Hey everybody! It's me again! Isn't it a good thing that no one thinks religion should be a criteria for patriotism?

Who the fuck asserted it should be??

I don't care what people believe, but I draw the line when religion is being suppressed.

Should I explain the term "no one" to you?

Hey everybody! It's me again! Isn't it a good thing that no one thinks religion should be a criteria for patriotism?

Who the fuck asserted it should be??

I don't care what people believe, but I draw the line when religion is being suppressed.

Should I explain the term "no one" to you?

It's not ok when religion is being suppressed (could someone point out exactly where it is?).

But he's all for those who aren't religious being suppressed.

Nothing wrong with that...

????

Someone trying to force ME to go to church is going to meet my Glock.

Communities can do as they wish - not to mention your assertion is pre-constitution. Even then states are protected by the Tenth Amendment.

Communities cannot violate basic civil liberties.

Do I believe mandating a religion would be unreasonable? yes

Not to mention, unconstitutional.

In theory could a state perhaps treat those who don't adhere to a religion the majority adheres to like shit and drive them out - sure.

I suppose you get in where you fit in...

I'm not sure I follow your point, Nick.

No no one has the right to make you go to Church but a community could certainly shun you for not going to Church and they could make your existence in the community unpleasant...

I'm not advocating such a situation but it is possible and if a community wanted such a community then sobeit..

Utah is a fantastic example of my point, the Bible Belt is another example..

Nothing wrong with that...

????

In theory could a state perhaps treat those who don't adhere to a religion the majority adheres to like shit and drive them out - sure.

I suppose you get in where you fit in...

No no one has the right to make you go to Church but a community could certainly shun you for not going to Church and they could make your existence in the community unpleasant...

I'm not advocating such a situation but it is possible and if a community wanted such a community then sobeit..

Move to Iran. It's the law there.

Science will always be in conflict with dogmatic religions that believe they are infallible.

Too bad that wasn't the question you asked then.

And I'm not a progressive, not sure where you got that idea.

Then again, I'm not sure how you get ANY idea.

That was precisely the question I asked...

I really do believe this is more important than most like to think. I truly believe the further you move away from God,the more lost you become. I think Church is important.

how nice. .but not in government, it isn't. so for political purpose, it's fairly meaningless.

i've seen some extraordinarily immoral "religious" types.

and some amazing atheist types.

so there ya go

Leftists will always be in conflict with belief systems that propose an authority greater than the state.
Wrong as usual.

The left, unlike the right, acknowledge only one authority over the state: the rule of law.

Do I believe mandating a religion would be unreasonable? Yes

You have to ask? Telling.

Pfft…figures.

well, it doesn't have to. but if one is a fundamentalist extremist, the two really can't be reconciled. scientists know the earth isn't 6000 years old.. and they know dinosaurs walked the earth and NOT when man did.

however, if you read A Brief History of Time, it seems pretty clear that the big bang can readily be reconciled with a sane view of the bible.

AAAAAHhhhhhh, Progress.

Now all we need is for the rest of the population to reject Bronze Age Superstitions...

In what universe does religion conflict with science??

Not a bible or religion scholar, but I'll take a stab at your question. Remember...opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one, and they stink.

I don't know enough about ALL religions to say that they are ALL in conflict with science. I can only speak for Christianity. It depends on what denomination one belongs to. Some Christians believe that the bible and science coincide. I believe this.

The world was created in 6 days? Yes. 6 God days. Maybe that doesn't necessarily mean 6 days as mortals understand days. It could be 600 million years.

But there are some Christians who say, "It was created in 6 days! End of story!" Or..."How do we know that the world isn't flat?" (yes, I've heard this). Or there are the people riding dinosaurs during biblical times.

When someone says that religion conflicts with science, from a Christian standpoint, this may be part of what they are referring to. And one can get kind of jaded after trying to convince someone that the earth is round, after 30 minutes of arguing.

Make sense?

????

Move to Iran. It's the law there.

I don't even go to Church (rarely)...

I'm saying self-segregation is absolutely fine...

I'm saying let communities live how they want to live .... There is nothing wrong with a community in which 99% attend Sunday services..

Not to mention why would an atheist want to live in such a community or a person of a denomination that conflicts with that of the community..

That sharia I support? You, of course, can come up with evidence of that support....or retract your lie.

We had a long thread on it, the drinking and drugs fuzzed that out of you?

Ah yes...the old "long thread I'm going to bury you in" routine...with no evidence.

Guess what. I found a long thread where you support Sharia. No wait! I found TWO long threads where you support Sharia. Trumped.

I suppose. It would have to be an awfully small town to be effective.

If it's just a town, then I could move away. If it were a state, well that's a more serious situation.

I've been in Kansas City and Salt Lake City, no issues in either. I guess in the backwoods it could get weird.

Forum List

Back