Poll: Is Haiti a shithole?

Is Haiti a shithole?

• Total voters
I wonder just how truly upset some of these countries really are over Trumps shithole comment if they truly are so offended why not let their actions speak louder than their words if any of these countries are getting financial aid from the U.S. as a form of protest refuse all aid from the United States to show how serious you are over this and how much it really offends you.

I wonder just how truly upset some of these countries really are over Trumps shithole comment if they truly are so offended why not let their actions speak louder than their words if any of these countries are getting financial aid from the U.S. as a form of protest refuse all aid from the United States to show how serious you are over this and how much it really offends you.
It's likely that Trump's stupid comments will make it harder for US forces fighting terrorism in 20 African countries. Referring to peoples home as shitholes does not exactly endear them to your cause.

It's likely that Trump's stupid comments will make it harder for US forces fighting terrorism in 20 African countries. Referring to peoples home as shitholes does not exactly endear them to your cause.
Considering the people in those countries are just as likely to be victims of the terrorist in them as those outside the countries that doesn’t seem very likely to me. If that should not be the case I will remind everyone that was not a Trump tweet or something he said in a speech or press conference this was said in a closed door meeting. You can make the case it was indeed a stupid comment but it was Dick Durbin who choose to take it to the press without thinking it through.

Last edited:
Students from Haiti are some of the brightest, hardest working, and most courteous I've ever taught.

Students from Haiti are some of the brightest, hardest working, and most courteous I've ever taught.

Have you ever encountered an HAITIAN mother interacting with her kids? Mom walks around with
a leather strap.....the kids grow up terrorized (maybe it is a good idea-----my little brat never stopped
laughing)

The idea that softening the terminology some how makes these foreigners lives in their shithole nations better is so fucking elitist first-world I cannot even fathom how anyone could be so stupid as to believe it.

The foreigners didn't get offended because of the words used, they got offended because they know it's true, and they know they've done nothing to try to make things better for their people. No doubt they thought they were going to be required to do something about it rather than look like shithole leaders to the world, but then the MSM let them off of that "embarrassment" because of their one party agenda to get rid of Trump.

Its rather sad, for those shitholes I mean, it won't affect anything here but expose what simpering idiots the left really are.
No, foreigners and American are offend by the language. The language is offensive and mean-spirited and serves no useful purpose. Everyone knows the situation in Haiti is bad and has been for years. Trump's remarks make it more difficult for congress to pass his immigration agenda and makes it more difficult for Americans in third world countries. The fact is words do matter, particularly when they are coming from the president.

Being "offended" by words is a matter of "personal opinion" and in American we not only respect different "personal opinions" but also freedom of speech, especially in private.

IF folks on the left were /actually/ concerned by "global opinion" then their asshat would not have run to the media with the "tough language" spoken in a private, closed door meeting, in order to "embarrass" America and risk "offending" the world.

Frankly, personally, I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of it. These nations are shitholes, I have no problem, nor am I offended, that President Trump used that language in a private meeting - hell I'd be okay with it if he said it to them; maybe they'd fix their shit.

As far as "consequences" oh well, these "offended nations" are more than welcome to "boycott America" - hell if they did I bet we could balance our budget...

Don't be so unaware. Those people are getting kidnapped and enslaved as sex toys for terrorist groups. Their men are being brutally tortured and murdered. Entire families slaughtered. Shithole is a compliment compared to what they're going through.

The idea that softening the terminology some how makes these foreigners lives in their shithole nations better is so fucking elitist first-world I cannot even fathom how anyone could be so stupid as to believe it.

The foreigners didn't get offended because of the words used, they got offended because they know it's true, and they know they've done nothing to try to make things better for their people. No doubt they thought they were going to be required to do something about it rather than look like shithole leaders to the world, but then the MSM let them off of that "embarrassment" because of their one party agenda to get rid of Trump.

Its rather sad, for those shitholes I mean, it won't affect anything here but expose what simpering idiots the left really are.
No, foreigners and American are offend by the language. The language is offensive and mean-spirited and serves no useful purpose. Everyone knows the situation in Haiti is bad and has been for years. Trump's remarks make it more difficult for congress to pass his immigration agenda and makes it more difficult for Americans in third world countries. The fact is words do matter, particularly when they are coming from the president.
You are offended by the language, or pretending to be. No one knows better than Haitians what a shithole their country is. Why do you think they risk their very lives to gtfo of there.
I doubt many people would disagree but that is not the point. Using such language is hurtful and there is no reason for it. It certainly does not advance Trump's agenda. It doesn't promote good relations between the US and other nations and creates an image of Americans as vulgar and illiterate.

Trump could have said, "we are searching for permanent solutions that make our country stronger by welcoming those who can contribute to our society" instead of using racist vulgar language.

This is a perfect example of what makes Trump such a bad president. He doesn't think before he speaks. President's do not write their policy they speak it. When he make remarks then denies it or reverses himself it creates confusion as to exactly what is American policy. It cause the administration to work at cross purposes, creates confusion in congress, and distrust among our allies.

I'd take your complaints a lot more seriously if so many on the left didn't use hateful vulgar divisive language all while berating Trump for doing so. Fuck off, Haiti IS a shit hole, you know it is.

Being "offended" by words is a matter of "personal opinion" and in American we not only respect different "personal opinions" but also freedom of speech, especially in private.

IF folks on the left were /actually/ concerned by "global opinion" then their asshat would not have run to the media with the "tough language" spoken in a private, closed door meeting, in order to "embarrass" America and risk "offending" the world.

Frankly, personally, I don't give a shit what the rest of the world thinks of it. These nations are shitholes, I have no problem, nor am I offended, that President Trump used that language in a private meeting - hell I'd be okay with it if he said it to them; maybe they'd fix their shit.

As far as "consequences" oh well, these "offended nations" are more than welcome to "boycott America" - hell if they did I bet we could balance our budget...
Trump's staff covers for him by saying Trump speaks for himself but in reality he represents America to the world. Just as all presidents, the face of the president becomes the face of America. How often have you heard Trump say, "in my opinion" or "I believe". No, Trump speaks as the voice of the nation calling people's homes shitholes, Mexicans are rapist and murders, women are just pieces of ass, blacks are lazy, and Africans are disease ridden. Trump certainly does not represent me or most Americans because most Americans are not filled with hate for the rest of world.

Trump's staff covers for him by saying Trump speaks for himself but in reality he represents America to the world. Just as all presidents, the face of the president becomes the face of America. How often have you heard Trump say, "in my opinion" or "I believe". No, Trump speaks as the voice of the nation calling people's homes shitholes, Mexicans are rapist and murders, women are just pieces of ass, blacks are lazy, and Africans are disease ridden. Trump certainly does not represent me or most Americans because most Americans are not filled with hate for the rest of world.
You can be offended, but you can't change policy. America First. Anyone wants to come to the US, they gotta bring something we want and go through proper legal channels.

Demz da rulez.

You can be offended, but you can't change policy. America First. Anyone wants to come to the US, they gotta bring something we want and go through proper legal channels.

Demz da rulez.
America First is a campaign slogan, not a policy.

Forum List

Back