Poll: Is Haiti a shithole?

Is Haiti a shithole?

• Total voters
Here is Haiti as liberals tell us it's like:
366570d0e189b12a5e9b996d6d9a4af8.jpg

When you get there, this is what greets you:

161009095917-05-hurricane-matthew-haiti-1008-super-169.jpg
Perfect Illustration! For you liberals who don't have a clue the top pic is actually the Bahama's.

Over 95% voting in the poll agree Haiti is a shit hole. My church sends people there once....sometimes twice a year on mission trips to help an orphanage. Most people in Haiti do well to eat one small bowl of rice each day.

I have to wonder what is preventing development from happening in this country. It seems like the island is in a great location to develop a tourism industry.
I guess you'd say, a long series of unfortunate invents beginning with their freedom from France and debt that bankrupted the nation followed by years of political upheaval, domination by foreign powers, 3 times the US invaded Haiti, years of revolution, brutal dictatorships, inept governments, and more than it's share of natural disasters.

Perspective | This is how ignorant you have to be to call Haiti a ‘shithole’

You can tell this is where the average Pierre lives in that tropical paradise.

Labadee-Haiti-Dragons-splash-waterslide-800x450.jpg

The sad thing is there is so much potential especially for tourism and agriculture, but Haiti's people are incapable of organizing and realizing it.
The primary goal for most people in Haiti is not developing tourism but surviving. The lack of capital in the country and it's debt problem are a major problems in developing the country.

Over 95% voting in the poll agree Haiti is a shit hole. My church sends people there once....sometimes twice a year on mission trips to help an orphanage. Most people in Haiti do well to eat one small bowl of rice each day.

I have to wonder what is preventing development from happening in this country. It seems like the island is in a great location to develop a tourism industry.
I guess you'd say, a long series of unfortunate invents beginning with their freedom from France and debt that bankrupted the nation followed by years of political upheaval, domination by foreign powers, 3 times the US invaded Haiti, years of revolution, brutal dictatorships, inept governments, and more than it's share of natural disasters.

You realize you just listed a bunch of reasons why Haiti is a shithole, then said it was ignorant to call it a shithole.

You realize you just listed a bunch of reasons why Haiti is a shithole, then said it was ignorant to call it a shithole.
Of course it's ignorant. Profanity is used by the uneducated because they lack language skills to properly express themselves. For the president to use such language causes public relations problems with those he insults as well those he doesn't. His staff has to spend time trying to cover for him. He is now tweeting and claiming he never said it. The issue has become so toxic with congressmen, that they are setting aside his immigration legislation and are taking up extending the deadline for the government shutdown. It's just another stupid blunder from a president that doesn't know what he's doing.

I don't see the problem of speaking frankly....and saying Haiti is a true shithole..

What's the problem?

No problem at all.

I don't see the problem of speaking frankly....and saying Haiti is a true shithole..

What's the problem?

No problem at all.
how about the immigrants who come here from earthquake distressed or third world countries?

Should they be denied entrance here because their countries are shit houses or shit holes?

yes or no? and why?

Of course it's ignorant. Profanity is used by the uneducated because they lack language skills to properly express themselves. For the president to use such language causes public relations problems with those he insults as well those he doesn't. His staff has to spend time trying to cover for him. He is now tweeting and claiming he never said it. The issue has become so toxic with congressmen, that they are setting aside his immigration legislation and are taking up extending the deadline for the government shutdown. It's just another stupid blunder from a president that doesn't know what he's doing.
How much does your world change if some Haitians are upset. Do you think they'll go somewhere else now?

What's the problem?

No problem at all.
how about the immigrants who come here from earthquake distressed or third world countries?

Should they be denied entrance here because their countries are shit houses or shit holes?

yes or no? and why?
No. Because the current system is race and nationality based, which is bigoted.

With Trump's plan, everyone, regardless of race, creed, gender, color, sexual preference, etc, will have a fair and equal opportunity to immigrate.

It's beautiful, isn't it?

Lol, Delingpole nails it.

Delingpole: Trump - Making the World Great Again, One Shithole at a Time

Here’s a thought experiment to help them along.

You’re a young Iranian woman who has just been serially raped by the guards in the shithole cell of your shithole prison as part of your shithole-state-sanctioned punishment for appearing in public without your hijab, as part of a demonstration demanding women’s rights in this hellish, misogynistic theocracy. In the shithole cell next door you can hear the screams of one of your fellow campaigners being tortured. Chances are, this misery is only going to end when some kangaroo court sentences you to death by firing squad or hanging from a crane.

Who would you prefer to be in charge of U.S. foreign policy?

a) Barack Obama, the guy with the Harvard Law School dignity and the Davos-style diplomatist’s smoothy chops patter who’d almost never use words like “shithole” in polite company, not least because ideologically he can’t see how the oppressive white male hegemony of the U.S. is really any superior to differently special nations like Haiti or Somalia – or Iran;

b) Donald Trump, the guy who knows a shithole when he sees one, tells it like it is, and actually does something about it.

As Andrew Klavan says:

Let’s state the obvious. Some countries are shitholes. To claim that this is racist is racist. They are not shitholes because of the color of the populace but because of bad ideas, corrupt governance, false religion, and broken culture.​

Obama preferred to let them stay that way because cultural sensitivity, or some such weasel excuse.

Trump, on the other hand, wouldn’t know what ‘cultural sensitivity’ even means. And one day the world will thank him for it.​

What's the problem?

No problem at all.
The problem is that presidents can not afford to speak frankly in public when it offends people he depends on to support his agenda. When he speaks frankly and offends our allies, his people have to waste their time assuring them that the president is really sane, not a racist, or an isolationist. Instead of his staff, working with congress, the media, or supporters on issues, they have to spend their time defending the president. What he is doing is hurting himself and the country but he gets a kick out of it and of course his supporters give him a big "at a boy, tell'em like it is, Donald."

Lol, Delingpole nails it.

Delingpole: Trump - Making the World Great Again, One Shithole at a Time

Here’s a thought experiment to help them along.

You’re a young Iranian woman who has just been serially raped by the guards in the shithole cell of your shithole prison as part of your shithole-state-sanctioned punishment for appearing in public without your hijab, as part of a demonstration demanding women’s rights in this hellish, misogynistic theocracy. In the shithole cell next door you can hear the screams of one of your fellow campaigners being tortured. Chances are, this misery is only going to end when some kangaroo court sentences you to death by firing squad or hanging from a crane.

Who would you prefer to be in charge of U.S. foreign policy?

a) Barack Obama, the guy with the Harvard Law School dignity and the Davos-style diplomatist’s smoothy chops patter who’d almost never use words like “shithole” in polite company, not least because ideologically he can’t see how the oppressive white male hegemony of the U.S. is really any superior to differently special nations like Haiti or Somalia – or Iran;

b) Donald Trump, the guy who knows a shithole when he sees one, tells it like it is, and actually does something about it.

As Andrew Klavan says:

Let’s state the obvious. Some countries are shitholes. To claim that this is racist is racist. They are not shitholes because of the color of the populace but because of bad ideas, corrupt governance, false religion, and broken culture.​
Obama preferred to let them stay that way because cultural sensitivity, or some such weasel excuse.

Trump, on the other hand, wouldn’t know what ‘cultural sensitivity’ even means. And one day the world will thank him for it.​
Cultural sensitivity is just being aware that cultural differences and similarities between people exist without assigning them a value – positive or negative, better or worse, right or wrong. In international business dealings and politics, it is critical to success.

How much does your world change if some Haitians are upset. Do you think they'll go somewhere else now?
It's not just Haitians. Donald Trump as president speaks for the nation and is telling the world by word and deed, the inscription on the Statue of Liberty is just a lot of nonsense.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door"

Forum List

Back