Poll For Conservatives:

Do you think Gays should be allowed to marry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
gays have been getting married here in mass for six years now, and i've yet to have a piece of the sky hit me over the head.

y'all really need to get over it.

I vote no. By our definition Marriage is between a Man and a Woman. Civil Union is the business of the people involved, I fully support it. Something that would parallel marriage with legal benefit and obligation? If that is your need, sure, just call it something other than marriage. I don't name my dog "Cat".

someone needs to draw a line.

Marriage is socially acceptable.

Queerness is socially deviant.

Therefore, Queer Marriage is not socially acceptable.

QED.

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

I find lots of things socially execptiable.

But I would think in most civilized circles two men fondling each other would receive much less acceptance than a man and woman doing it (note the word less).

Poll is pointless as gays can already marry. No one is stopping them.
I had a tenant here in TN who had a "marriage certificate" with her girlfriend up in her apartment. They were married. I didn't see the police breaking down the door and arresting anyone.

The point of the poll is in the second sentence of the OP...

Poll is pointless as gays can already marry. No one is stopping them.
I had a tenant here in TN who had a "marriage certificate" with her girlfriend up in her apartment. They were married. I didn't see the police breaking down the door and arresting anyone.

The point of the poll is in the second sentence of the OP...

Then it's even more pointless. "Are you for or against gay marriage" is like asking if you are for or against sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of gay marriage.
Now, if you want to re-phrase that to read: Are you for or against the state according special rights to gays" you might have a worthwhile (and reality-based) poll.

gays have been getting married here in mass for six years now, and i've yet to have a piece of the sky hit me over the head.

Massachusetts is so fucked up if you had men fornicating with sheep on the streets of Boston tying up traffic it wouldn't make the state worse.

Sorry I simply do not think the Fed is suppose to have the power to dictate to the states on issues they were not given power over in the Constitution. That is why I favor the Amendment route.

With an Amendment we can clarify not only that Gays can Marry and all states have to recognize that. But we can insure that Gays victory is not then used to fight for Palimony rights or Incest rights for example. After all if you prove that People can marry each other despite sex, with out clarification. You have to know that that Polygamists at least will be next in line demanding equal protection.

Polygamists should be given equal protection...

Should NAMBLA?

There it is!

someone needs to draw a line.

Marriage is socially acceptable.

Queerness is socially deviant.

Therefore, Queer Marriage is not socially acceptable.

QED.

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

Massachusetts is so fucked up if you had men fornicating with sheep on the streets of Boston tying up traffic it wouldn't make the state worse.

you have a real fascination with sheep.

mass has more than it's share of problems, but gay marriage ain't one of em.

it could be worse, though.

you could live here.

Then it's even more pointless. "Are you for or against gay marriage" is like asking if you are for or against sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of gay marriage.
Now, if you want to re-phrase that to read: Are you for or against the state according special rights to gays" you might have a worthwhile (and reality-based) poll.

You are still missing the point.

Modbert vs Charles Main and Dive Con on another board had a disagreement in that Mod believes most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. NOT civil unions, or any other form, but marriage specifically. I agree with Mod and not Charles or Dive.

The POINT of the poll is whether most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. Both Mod and I believe this to be true. Dive and Charles don't. This poll is about the beliefs of a specific section of this board. I am not interested in liberals or centrists opinions on the matter because the poll is not for them....

Polygamists should be given equal protection...

Polygamists regularly deprive Children, Mostly young girls, Of their rights, by putting them into Arranged marriages at a very young age. Basically against their will. Since they have been raised to believe they have no choice?

Not all of them sure, But many of them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back