Can't we just get rid of the marriage license?

Liberty

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2009
colorado
That way everyone can do whatever they want, gay straight bi whatever.
Government not involved in marriage at all would totally let everyone exercise their liberty in the matter, equally. The concept of a marriage license is unnecessary.
Some argue that the federal government should pass a law and/or amendment that legalizes same-sex marriage, but why bother? Why not just get rid of the marriage license altogether? Just another example of when the government is involved in something, it causes trouble.

Last edited:
Marriage is a CREATION of government.

Marriage confers over 1,000 legal rights and obligations, most of which have to do with...

ready?

PROPERTY.

saying governement shouldn't be involved in marriage is absurd.

just another example of why people who hate government, shouldn't run government. :)

"hate" is a strong word. I believe in a rule of law. A rule of NECESSARY law, to be exact. If marriage has always been by the graces of government, why are weddings in churches? If the government got out of marriage, everyone could marry everyone equally. Why do you seem to act against equality all of a sudden? It is government that is holding back gay marriage rights, not people. This is because government holds an exclusive monopoly on it. I honestly thought this would be one thing you would agree with me on. Oh well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back