Poll For Conservatives:

Do you think Gays should be allowed to marry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Then it's even more pointless. "Are you for or against gay marriage" is like asking if you are for or against sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of gay marriage.
Now, if you want to re-phrase that to read: Are you for or against the state according special rights to gays" you might have a worthwhile (and reality-based) poll.

You are still missing the point.

Modbert vs Charles Main and Dive Con on another board had a disagreement in that Mod believes most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. NOT civil unions, or any other form, but marriage specifically. I agree with Mod and not Charles or Dive.

The POINT of the poll is whether most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. Both Mod and I believe this to be true. Dive and Charles don't. This poll is about the beliefs of a specific section of this board. I am not interested in liberals or centrists opinions on the matter because the poll is not for them....

Why wasn't "Don't Care" a poll option?

Then it's even more pointless. "Are you for or against gay marriage" is like asking if you are for or against sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of gay marriage.
Now, if you want to re-phrase that to read: Are you for or against the state according special rights to gays" you might have a worthwhile (and reality-based) poll.

Modbert vs Charles Main and Dive Con on another board had a disagreement in that Mod believes most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. NOT civil unions, or any other form, but marriage specifically. I agree with Mod and not Charles or Dive.

The POINT of the poll is whether most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. Both Mod and I believe this to be true. Dive and Charles don't. This poll is about the beliefs of a specific section of this board. I am not interested in liberals or centrists opinions on the matter because the poll is not for them....

That's why I did not vote.

someone needs to draw a line.

Marriage is socially acceptable.

Queerness is socially deviant.

Therefore, Queer Marriage is not socially acceptable.

QED.

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

No...Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. If one finds homosexuality to be objectionable, that is their right. I would just like it better if they kept it to themselves.
Openly gay or heterosexual couples walking down the street ass grabbing each other is not good behavior.
Normally one would not know a stranger's sexual preference unless they demonstrated that preference in public.
One's sexual preference is none of my business. In fact when a person is asked whther or not they are gay answers " I prefer not to charcaterize myself" I am ok with it.
WHo one sleeps with is no concern of mine. We should all take a look at that.
Now, if you find that bigoted, so be it. Your opinion is of no concern to me.

[

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

Then the majority of Americans are bigoted against gays..

If this was 1911 and the question was about women's rights, then those against them would be bigotted.

ditto blacks in the 60s.

nazis against anybody who wasn't Aryan

Just because a majority of people believe something, doesn't mean it is good...tyranny of the majority and all....

Because I didn't put it in, and if you don't care, don't tell,....er,answer....

So far this Poll supports our assertion.

[

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

Then the majority of Americans are bigoted against gays..

If this was 1911 and the question was about women's rights, then those against them would be bigotted.

ditto blacks in the 60s.

nazis against anybody who wasn't Aryan

Just because a majority of people believe something, doesn't mean it is good...tyranny of the majority and all....

The majority of Americans could be "bigoted" against beatiality now.

Perhaps you support a future of Octopus & Women Unions because during the 60's interracial marriage wasn't socially acceptable?

[

No...Everyone is entitled to their beliefs. If one finds homosexuality to be objectionable, that is their right. I would just like it better if they kept it to themselves.
Openly gay or heterosexual couples walking down the street ass grabbing each other is not good behavior.
Normally one would not know a stranger's sexual preference unless they demonstrated that preference in public.
One's sexual preference is none of my business. In fact when a person is asked whther or not they are gay answers " I prefer not to charcaterize myself" I am ok with it.
WHo one sleeps with is no concern of mine. We should all take a look at that.
Now, if you find that bigoted, so be it. Your opinion is of no concern to me.

The only thing I am concerned about is the civil rights of gay people. As long as they have the same opportunity as anybody else to do as they please in life without fear or favour, then there is no problem.

and I'm glad it is of no concern to you, but thanks for posting twice in the thread anyway..

So far this Poll supports our assertion.

It does. I really needed to make sure you could see who voted...

...there is one fatal flaw with the poll, in that I would need EVERY conservative to vote..I'm guessing Stephie, Willow, Tank, Guatama, RGS, USArmyretired and a whole host of others have yet to vote in this poll...

Perhaps you support a future of Octopus & Women Unions because during the 60's interracial marriage wasn't socially acceptable?

Yeah, because, ya know, we are talking about humans and other animals interacting, right? :cuckoo:

Because I didn't put it in, and if you don't care, don't tell,....er,answer....

No, I didn't mind answering, but I believe most people would answer "Don't Care."

The people who really make this an issue are either religiously orthodox (few Americans) or Queers and Liberals who believe they deserve nanny-state manditory support for their "minority status."

Yeah, because, ya know, we are talking about humans and other animals interacting, right? :cuckoo:

Hey you brought up the comparisons of past acceptance of interracial marriage and queer marriage.

I guess your stupid comparisons are the only ones that make sense.:cuckoo:

Are you for or against gay marriage.

This is a yes or no question. This relates to another thread whereby Dive and Charles believe 'some' conservatives are against it as opposed to most/majority are.

I submit that the majority are...

I voted yes, But I must clarify That I want to see it done right. Either by States making it legal individually or by A federal Constitutional Amendment, and not by Judicial Fiat.

you don't need an amendment to permit equal protection under the law. equal protection is already guaranteed.

and appropriately defining the term equal protection to include gays is not 'judicial fiat' it is constitutional construction and its what the court is supposed to do.

why should anyone wait around for a constitutional amendment to enforce a right they already have under the law.

You do realize of course that NO ONE has the RIGHT to a state sanctioned marriage?

Hey you brought up the comparisons of past acceptance of interracial marriage and queer marriage.

Er, mine are concerning consenting human adults....you want to bring in a strawman with regard to animals....what's that again?? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Er, mine are concerning consenting human adults....you want to bring in a strawman with regard to animals....what's that again?? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh, so only YOUR definition of "socially acceptable" is OK.

Now I see how broadminded your arguement is.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bigot.

Oh, so only YOUR definition of "socially acceptable" is OK.

Now I see how broadminded your arguement is.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bigot.

your ride's here

short-bus.jpg

don't forget your helmet

Actually I think Juniorbert's point (if one can call it that) was that most conservatives on this board are anti-gay. I think I dispelled that particular piece of shit with my thread asking that very question. The answer was no, conservatives really don't give a shit about gays.
But anti-gay is not the same as anti-state-giving-special rights to gays. Which I am. In fact, I am against the state giving special rights to Muslims, women, cripples and Jews as well.

Forum List

Back