Poll: Don’t Extend Bush Cuts for Wealthy

Best thing Obama can do is go back to working with Congress and try to solve our debt situation.

He won't do this. He doesn't like having to actually do his job.

Bull shit.

President Obama needs a congress before he can work with a congress. All he has is a bunch of petulant, lying, golf playing Do Nothings who say they will continue to be Do Nothings. They have said it over and over again with Boehner being the most recent to say he will not work FOR the United States. Very telling is that he said this just before leaving on yet another vacation.

The question is, why do rw's keep lying about this? They KNOW the Rs have refused to work FOR the United States and refused to WITH each other or WITH the president. Stop lying. STop pretending you don't know this.

Another losing issue for Romney.

As President Obama navigates a choppy economy in his reelection bid, he can rely on one comforting fact: Americans continue to strongly embrace his opposition to extending tax breaks for those earning more than $250,000 a year.

A new United Technologies/National Journal Congressional Connection Poll shows that only 26 percent of the public wants to see all of the tax breaks created during the George W. Bush administration, which are set to expire at year’s end, extended for at least another year. And only 18 percent want the tax breaks across all income levels made permanent, the position taken by Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Poll: 75 percent of Americans think wealthy should pay 30 percent or less in taxes | Fox News

Best thing Obama can do is go back to working with Congress and try to solve our debt situation.

Bull shit.

President Obama needs a congress before he can work with a congress. All he has is a bunch of petulant, lying, golf playing Do Nothings who say they will continue to be Do Nothings. They have said it over and over again with Boehner being the most recent to say he will not work FOR the United States. Very telling is that he said this just before leaving on yet another vacation.

The question is, why do rw's keep lying about this? They KNOW the Rs have refused to work FOR the United States and refused to WITH each other or WITH the president. Stop lying. STop pretending you don't know this.

All he has is a bunch of petulant, lying, golf playing Do Nothings

He has a bunch of Obamas in Congress?

Bull shit.

For 2 years Obama had both sides of Congress, for the last 1.5 years, the House brings up Bills and Reid sits on them, talk about do nothing..... The Senate has been the Problem for years.....

Bull shit.

He had his congress and he got everything done he wanted and we're still in bad shape.

The problem is the do nothing POTUS, not the do nothing Congress.

Not quite true, a successful young Executive or Sales Person with no Family and paid cash for his House pays 35% Tax.

The same scenario of a person who did not finish school and has no work ethic that works at a mid levels job and has no kids and rents a house, pays 15% tax.

Yup, the hard working person in America always gets screwed!

We need a Flat Tax, everyone pays 10% no deductions for anything, that is fair and equal.

You obviously don't understand how marginal tax rates and tax brackets work.

What you said is embarassingly nonsensical.

I do know how they work, I was single once with no family, house paid for which meant no deductions, I paid the 35% bracket.

I also was in the 15% bracket before, now semi-retired, I am back again, still have about the same money left after taxes, why work 60 hours a week to give an extra 20% to the Government.....lol.... I enjoy my 24 hours a week now :)

You think a person with 250,000 of taxable income pays 87,000 in federal income tax?

Seriously?

Another losing issue for Romney.

As President Obama navigates a choppy economy in his reelection bid, he can rely on one comforting fact: Americans continue to strongly embrace his opposition to extending tax breaks for those earning more than $250,000 a year.

Let me tell you something. It is not news that Americans will overwhelmingly vote to raise taxes on "that guy over there". We are a nation of "gimme gimme gimme, and make that guy over there pay for it."

Every time one of these polls asks if we should tax the other guy over there more, people like you act like this is a big surprise. The 90 percent want to take more money from the 10 percent. OF COURSE THEY DO! That is a given.

May I mark you down as one who believes might makes right, then?

This is not "another losing issue for Romney" as you gleefully claim. This is an opportunity for Romney to demonstrate some leadership, unlike the triangulating cowardly Follower-In-Chief currently occupying the White House.

But Romneybot will probably fumble it, trying to commisserate with the common man about cheesy grits and WaWa hoagies and coming across as the most insincere multi-gazillionaire since Ebenezer Scrooge.

Last edited:
When Ronnie gave the country Trickle Down. The wealth started concentrating at the top. Instead of letting the money trickle down, they used it to buy the politicians and the tax code, so they don't have to let the money trickle down. Worked out great for them, why are you babies crying anyway?

When Ronnie gave the country Trickle Down. The wealth started concentrating at the top. Instead of letting the money trickle down, they used it to buy the politicians and the tax code, so they don't have to let the money trickle down. Worked out great for them, why are you babies crying anyway?

The unnatural concentration of wealth which has and is occurring has virtually nothing to do with the tax code. That is a serious correlation fallacy that persists.

Bull shit.

For 2 years Obama had both sides of Congress, for the last 1.5 years, the House brings up Bills and Reid sits on them, talk about do nothing..... The Senate has been the Problem for years.....

The democrats didn't have complete, filibuster-proof control of congress. The GOP have been acting like a bunch of babies obstructing and blocking virtually everything the democrats have tried to pass.

You obviously don't understand how marginal tax rates and tax brackets work.

What you said is embarassingly nonsensical.

I do know how they work, I was single once with no family, house paid for which meant no deductions, I paid the 35% bracket.

I also was in the 15% bracket before, now semi-retired, I am back again, still have about the same money left after taxes, why work 60 hours a week to give an extra 20% to the Government.....lol.... I enjoy my 24 hours a week now :)

You think a person with 250,000 of taxable income pays 87,000 in federal income tax?

Seriously?

In theory, of course anyone with that much money probably has a tax loophole or two, but with no loopholes, about 84K would be about right :)

It is not uncommon when young and making 150k-200k a year to pay the full 35% before you you realize how to find the loopholes :)

That is why a Flat Tax with no loopholes makes more sense.

Don't forget the Millions of Able Bodied Americans who pay Zero Effective Federal Tax to help support the Country, where is the fairness ?

That should be the Real Issue, not making the Tax Burden for the whole Country on those who are successful.

Taxing the people who make over 250k a year is the issue, I might be persuaded to agree to a temporary higher Tax on those making over 2.5 Million a year, but the 250k a year is ridiculous.

Bull shit.

The democrats didn't have complete, filibuster-proof control of congress. The GOP have been acting like a bunch of babies obstructing and blocking virtually everything the democrats have tried to pass.

Boo hoo. Welcome to the big leagues.

For which we are all better off.

How do you figure? Where's all those countless jobs that the GOP/teabaggers promised were going to created by "not raising taxes on the job creators"? :eusa_think:

How do you figure? Where's all those countless jobs that the GOP/teabaggers promised were going to created by "not raising taxes on the job creators"? :eusa_think:

Where are the jobs that were going to keep the unemployment rate below 8%?

How do you figure?
Easy:
There's nothing the Dems want to do that doesn't involve spending money we don't have and growing the govermnet past what we need.

How do you figure?
Easy:
There's nothing the Dems want to do that doesn't involve spending money we don't have and growing the govermnet past what we need.

Apparently the entire Bush presidency flew over your head :cuckoo: Not to mention the Bush tax cuts for the rich extension added 858 billion in new spending. If the GOP/teabaggers were really for getting the budget back in order, they never would have held the nation hostage to force through this massive new spending that we can't afford.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back