POLL: Do you Think President Obama is a Partisan Democrat?

Is President Obama Partisan?

• Yes Obama is Partisan

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • No Obama is Not Partisan

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
This thread was inspired by this poll i found Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Take the poll and see if we in the forum poll the same as rasmussen's likely voter polls

My Opinion is that he has not really tried to be a non-partisan president, I don't blame him really as his party has total domination of the legislative branch. If I was president and had control of congress I'd be acting the same way, I'd just be doing totally different stuff :D

Last edited:
It's difficult to be non-partisan when the other party is saying only "no," and it's never proposing alternatives or compromises. :(

Obama's not even a Liberal anymore, never mind a Marxist. But whatever helps the right sleep better at night in helping their justification that Obama is evil. :eusa_eh:

It's difficult to be non-partisan when the other party is saying only "no," and it's never proposing alternatives or compromises. :(

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Since when was rubbing salt into the wound bi-partisan?
McCain had one position on a given issue, Obama had another. Obama won the election (where "I won" came from), which means he gets to make the call. It's either that or flip flop, which the GOP seems to hate even more... :eusa_whistle:

You sound like the republicans circa 2005 ;) :lol:

He is a Marxist. You should have added a third category.

I'd go with Marxist ideologue.

I was going to add another category eluding to something snazzy like that but decided to keep it cut and dry this time.

Obama's not even a Liberal anymore, never mind a Marxist. But whatever helps the right sleep better at night in helping their justification that Obama is evil. :eusa_eh:

No one has to justify that Obama, being a politician, is implicitly evil :tongue:

Wait, in your world, conservatives want to nationalize the Finance, Automobile, and Healthcare industries?

Up is down, it seems...

How could the Democrats have proposed alternatives or made compromises when they were shut out of all the key committee meetings? The GOP doesn't have that excuse this time...

Obama to GOP: ‘I Won’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

Since when was rubbing salt into the wound bi-partisan?
McCain had one position on a given issue, Obama had another. Obama won the election (where "I won" came from), which means he gets to make the call. It's either that or flip flop, which the GOP seems to hate even more... :eusa_whistle:
If your going to come in and say "My way or the highway," don't then bitch "But you're not being Bipartisan, GOP!"

Is the GOP causing hell? Yes. Does Obama give a damn? No. He's ramming bills through Congress regardless.

Or have you forgotten the $800 billion theft....I mean stimulus?

How could the Democrats have proposed alternatives or made compromises when they were shut out of all the key committee meetings? The GOP doesn't have that excuse this time...

Face it...Obama's "Republicans" are like the "Token White Guy." For show and little else. Everything Obama has done, save Gitmo/Afghanistan, is against everything Conservatives stand for.

The only Republican who would support Obama's radical plan is a power-hungry hypocrite. Like our last Administration...

Last edited:
If your going to come in and say "My way or the highway," don't then bitch "But you're not being Bipartisan, GOP!"
This remark had to do with one issue of many that were on the agenda for the WH meeting that day.
Is the GOP causing hell? Yes. Does Obama give a damn? No. He's ramming bills through Congress regardless.
He might as well. :cool:

Or have you forgotten the $800 billion theft....I mean stimulus?
That was as bipartisan as anything, considering how President Cheney kicked it off. And for the record, it was a huge mistake for Obama to continue it.

This thread was inspired by this poll i found Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Take the poll and see if we in the forum poll the same as rasmussen's likely voter polls

My Opinion is that he has not really tried to be a non-partisan president, I don't blame him really as his party has total domination of the legislative branch. If I was president and had control of congress I'd be acting the same way, I'd just be doing totally different stuff :D

I think he tried to be bipartisan when he got into office in january. but it's really difficult to maintain that kind of effort when the people who are supposed to be working with you give you the finger and decide that from a political perspective "breaking" the president is more important.

Wait, in your world, conservatives want to nationalize the Finance, Automobile, and Healthcare industries?

Up is down, it seems...

Obama isn't a Conservative but he isn't a Liberal either. Obama holds several positions that are not Liberal along with the simple fact he is continuing more and more of GWBs policies. He was once a Liberal when he was a senator, but he is no longer a senator. He has moved more, and more to the center since becoming President.

A Liberal for example would of supported Single-Payer Health Care, Obama isn't.

A Liberal for example would support Gay Marriage, and the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't tell". He isn't.

A Liberal would support the abolishment of the Death Penalty, Obama isn't.

A Liberal wouldn't support the Patriot Act among some of the other Bush techniques in "protecting our country", Obama is.

A Liberal would end the War on Drugs, Obama isn't.

A Liberal would legalize Medical Marijuana if not Marijuana in general, Obama isn't.

The list goes on. Under the definition of the narrow right definition of the right wing, Obama is an Liberal. To everybody else, and the rest of the world however, Obama is Moderate Left at best.

I'm also not sure what is "bi-partisan" from the right when they're more focused on "breaking Obama" and making Health Care his "Waterloo".

Forum List

Back