POLL: Do you Think President Obama is a Partisan Democrat?

Is President Obama Partisan?

• Yes Obama is Partisan

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • No Obama is Not Partisan

Votes: 7 11.3%

• Total voters
It's difficult to be non-partisan when the other party is saying only "no," and it's never proposing alternatives or compromises. :(

You sound like the republicans circa 2005 ;) :lol:
How could the Democrats have proposed alternatives or made compromises when they were shut out of all the key committee meetings? The GOP doesn't have that excuse this time...

But they do. The democrats dont even involve them in writing the bills right now. As Pelosi and Obama both told the other side "We Won"

This thread was inspired by this poll i found Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere

Take the poll and see if we in the forum poll the same as rasmussen's likely voter polls

My Opinion is that he has not really tried to be a non-partisan president, I don't blame him really as his party has total domination of the legislative branch. If I was president and had control of congress I'd be acting the same way, I'd just be doing totally different stuff :D

I think he tried to be bipartisan when he got into office in january. but it's really difficult to maintain that kind of effort when the people who are supposed to be working with you give you the finger and decide that from a political perspective "breaking" the president is more important.

I think he spoke like he was going to be bi partisan at his inaguaral but he never seemed to actually deliver on the words of bipartisanship. he still has 3.5 years though so that, I hope, can change.

I think he spoke like he was going to be bi partisan at his inaguaral but he never seemed to actually deliver on the words of bipartisanship. he still has 3.5 years though so that, I hope, can change.

I think many of us would like to see some bi-partisanship. Buth how would you treat people who's stated goal is to destroy you politically?

I think many of us would like to see some bi-partisanship. Buth how would you treat people who's stated goal is to destroy you politically?

Extend the olive branch...very publicly in a way that can not be misconstrued.

I thought he tried that. And then the right very publicly told him to stick it.... after which there were three days of threads on this board about how obama got smacked down.

i wish things were more like the way you would like to see them. i'm afraid the reality is way uglier.

It's amazing how my post with all facts instead of fallacies doesn't get a response. No surprise. :eusa_eh:

I thought he tried that. And then the right very publicly told him to stick it.... after which there were three days of threads on this board about how obama got smacked down.

i wish things were more like the way you would like to see them. i'm afraid the reality is way uglier.

When was that......just curious.

And where are the votes that he isn't partisan? I'm sure someone besides the one person thinks he is bi-partisan.

A Liberal for example would of supported Single-Payer Health Care, Obama isn't.
You haven't read his Health Care bill, have you? As is, his bill will kill private HMOs, making the US a de facto single-payer system.

How so? Simply, under his bill, Americans are NOT allowed to sign up for a private HMO. You either keep your current insurance (until it goes bankrupt), or sign up for the Government Health Care Service. Since Private Insurance companies will be unable to get new customers, and employers will no longer be forced to pay for health benefits, the 1,300+ private HMOs will die.

And all the while, Obama can claim "My bill will not force you to give up your current insurance" and technically avoid lying.

Pretty clever, huh? When a bill is 1,013 pages long, you can pull this shit off.

A Liberal for example would support Gay Marriage, and the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't tell". He isn't.
Nothing Leftist about gay marriage. Obama is Black, and Blacks overwhelming oppose homosexual anything. Homosexuality was illegal in China until just recently, and they're Communists.

A Liberal would support the abolishment of the Death Penalty, Obama isn't.
Nothing inherently "rightist" about the Death Penalty. Leftist regimes in China and elsewhere are quite fond of the Death Penalty.

A Liberal wouldn't support the Patriot Act among some of the other Bush techniques in "protecting our country", Obama is.
Leftists have supported government oppression around the world (Che Guevara T-Shirt, anyone?). There is nothing inherently "left" about liberty.

A Liberal would end the War on Drugs, Obama isn't.
Granted.

A Liberal would legalize Medical Marijuana if not Marijuana in general, Obama isn't.
Doing so now would take political capital. Once we have national healthcare, legalization won't even require a bill.

The list goes on. Under the definition of the narrow right definition of the right wing, Obama is an Liberal. To everybody else, and the rest of the world however, Obama is Moderate Left at best.
Not according to Hugo Chavez...

Venezuela Chavez says Comrade Obama more left-wing | Reuters

I'm also not sure what is "bi-partisan" from the right when they're more focused on "breaking Obama" and making Health Care his "Waterloo".
Both sides have embraced this battle. "You started it" arguments are pointless.

Last edited:

When was that......just curious.

And where are the votes that he isn't partisan? I'm sure someone besides the one person thinks he is bi-partisan.

when they were dealing with the stimulus and after watering down the bill none of the repubs except three voted for it.

as for the votes, i didn't vote because i think it's a silly question. everyone is partisan in that everyone has a certain set of beliefs that they subscribe to. the proper question is does obama mean it when he says he thinks we should reach across the aisle.

To that I'd vote yes... unlike the eight years prior. Whether he CAN reach across the aisle in the current political climate is a far different question and to that i'd say, probably not.

As long as I have been following politics, there is been almost no bipartisan politics. How bipartisan was "The Decider?" Think about that one for a moment.

Obama is definitely a Democrat though. However, only 38% of Democrats idenitfy themselves as Liberals.

And many of us don't want to see bi-partisanship.
For 6 years (Under Mr Bush) both the House and Senate had a Republican majority. It wasn't a majority large enough to actually force anything through congress, therefore, it required bi-partisanship to accomplish anything.
Look at what we ended up with. 2 wars, and and the largest deficit spending in the history of the nation. That's what bi-partisanship gets you.

And many of us don't want to see bi-partisanship.
For 6 years (Under Mr Bush) both the House and Senate had a Republican majority. It wasn't a majority large enough to actually force anything through congress, therefore, it required bi-partisanship to accomplish anything.
Look at what we ended up with. 2 wars, and and the largest deficit spending in the history of the nation. That's what bi-partisanship gets you.

your assertion is incorrect. for six years the repubs put NOTHING up for a vote if it required a single democratic vote to pass.

That said, the dems were wimps who were afraid to be called "soft on terrorism" and should have filibustered every time the repubs acted insane...like invading Iraq or passing the "patriot act".

Forum List

Back