POLL: Conservatives & Progressives: What is your goal here?

What is the point of personally attacking the other "side"?

• No real reason, it's just fun, I'm not serious, they're okay

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • They are evil and I want them to hurt in any way possible

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • One day my side will win, so I'm fucking with them now

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I have severe self esteem issues and this provides temporary comfort

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I think I'm supposed to because other members of my tribe do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mango, big time, seriously, holy shit.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately. Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?.
They did it to us. Try to act better next time you're the minority. And you've shown us how to win. Obstruct obstruct obstruct
Um, I voted for Hillary.

And I do remember the phrase, "two wrongs don't make a right".

Some of those old sayings do make sense, at least for those who are thinking clearly.
Ok, let me think of two times Democrats went along with Republicans.

1. NAFTA. How did that work out for Hillary?

2. The Iraq war. How did that work out for Hillary?

So you tell me what you want to go along with? I wouldn't go along with shit. Then they own whatever bad things they do.

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB take that serious and thought-provoking occasion to keep right on attacking, mocking & insulting each other. Pretty much immediately. Tell me, what is the goal of non-stop attacks on the other side?.
They did it to us. Try to act better next time you're the minority. And you've shown us how to win. Obstruct obstruct obstruct
Um, I voted for Hillary.

Some of those old sayings do make sense, at least for those who are thinking clearly.

So you tell me what you want to go along with? I wouldn't go along with shit. Then they own whatever bad things they do.

I'll go along with a ban on immigrants from Arab countries. Deporting illegals? I love it! Infrastructure spending? Yes. Tax breaks for the middle class? Do it!

Of course he isn't. You conservatives always form your little little mobs to help each other deflect. You have to, because none of you can face a liberal in an honest discussion. Intellectual cowardice is the defining trait of the modern conservative, along with butthurt.

TTFN. I'm off to carve some notches.

Really??? I seem to remember we've (you & I) had some of those 'discussions' and you've always been the one to deflect the issue, calling names like a 6 yo, and hurling insults in a panic.........just before you ran off in silence because I used your own words against you and that was just a few days ago......similar to post #170 here. Where you were telling Mac1958 how he was being what? 'High &mighty and self important'??? Or something to that same effect.

Anytime you want to have an HONEST DISCUSSION.......without the petty chit.....and I do mean a RESPECTFUL discussion or debate, you just let me
know. :2up:
He's as high & mighty as it gets here, constantly belittling people, and that's saying something. He's just desperate to change the subject.

And note the "carve some notches" thing. That's another element of this: They so often declare "victory". That's why I'm convinced much of this is a matter of self esteem, a temporary boost based on so little. Attack and mock and insult, and then they feel a little better about themselves for a while.

This isn't about politics. Politics is just the vehicle.

He constantly describes liberals to a tee and says that's what conservatives are. Seems like a very politically confused person if you ask me.

Yet he's not the only one doing that.....seems to be the Liberals way. They have taken everything Conservatives have said about them during the campaign & election......and now throwing it back as if they thought of it first......because they don't have anything else.
They've even realized that their precious MSM outlets for 'credible' news has failed, so they don't bother linking to source to back up any claims. I have twice in the last week or two threw NYT & CNN (actual events) to 2 different people (King Shit from Turd Island here was one) and both screamed 'fake news-it never happened'.
They know they've lost, they know they're screwed.....yet keep arguing to make themselves feel better. Kinda like 'not going down without a fight' as they're caught in the whirlpool going round & round.
"Progressives", not liberals. These people are NOT liberal, no matter what they claim. They're what REAL liberals used to fight AGAINST.

ok.......Progressives, Liberals, Blue, Jackass, Democrats, or whatever else.......to me is all about the same & only splitting hairs to the differences. :rolleyes:

Non-whites are in prison because they commit way, way, waaaaay more crime than Whites. In fact the "liberal" judges' sentences are usually light compared to the crime. Thus the high capacity, repeat offender.
Bullshit! Thank you for admitting that you are a racist propaganda machine. Non whites are arrested ,and prosecuted at a higher rate and given longer sentences

And there is a reason for that, and it isn't skin color.

why isnt she president then?.....did she win or lose?....you try again....
She won, she got the most votes, but Trump was appointed by the EC anyway. Very undemocratic.

Not true and you know it.......or if you don't then learn it. A President is voted into office by the Electoral vote, that is based on the voters in their state/district........always has been & always will be.
No, it's going to be changed. It's very undemocratic and the majority doesn't like to - lose.

Why? Because you said so??? You can't keep changing the rules as you go along, just because you don't like the results.
This is one rule we can - change. And I liked the results - we won.

You did????? So where is your precious Hillary?? Definitely not in the White House, nor in a government seat ANYWHERE. Who's controlling the House & Senate??? :itsok: You go ahead & think what you want there sweetpea, if it makes you feel better.

She won, she got the most votes, but Trump was appointed by the EC anyway. Very undemocratic.

Not true and you know it.......or if you don't then learn it. A President is voted into office by the Electoral vote, that is based on the voters in their state/district........always has been & always will be.
No, it's going to be changed. It's very undemocratic and the majority doesn't like to - lose.

Why? Because you said so??? You can't keep changing the rules as you go along, just because you don't like the results.

You did????? So where is your precious Hillary?? Definitely not in the White House, nor in a government seat ANYWHERE. Who's controlling the House & Senate??? :itsok: You go ahead & think what you want there sweetpea, if it makes you feel better.
The ballots were counted. You lost. Deal with it, Snowflake, the majority (who isn't ruling) is.

The ballots were counted. You lost. Deal with it, Snowflake, the majority (who isn't ruling) is.
The electoral college works perfectly, it keeps the crazies at bay...

No, I didn't lose.......because Hillary is not the President :banana:

No, I didn't lose.......because Hillary is not the President :banana:
Another Clinton in the White House… I don't think the country could've handled it.
Like I said the electoral college works perfectly, it keeps the crazies out of the White House… LOL

There are a couple posters who I fear for their well being tho, as well as others around them. On both sides. This forum has some real doosies for members, me excluded of course!
Worried about a couple from both sides. You are not alone with that thought. I hang out at Austin's in Olathe. Sick stuff happened and I condemned it.

So a winger from one end shoots a Congressman from the other end, and we on USMB
Not having read anything beyond your post, but are you saying this congressman is the same as this crazed gunman? "A winger from one end shoots a congressman from the other end..." This VICTIM is the same as this madman?!
That may be your interpretation of what I wrote from your political perspective, but it's not within 500 miles of the actual point.

Um, I voted for Hillary.

Reasonable, intelligent people can find areas of agreement and build on them. Sometimes things go a little more their way, sometimes a little less.

I'm not going to explain "cooperation" to you.

Really??? I seem to remember we've (you & I) had some of those 'discussions' and you've always been the one to deflect the issue, calling names like a 6 yo, and hurling insults in a panic.........just before you ran off in silence because I used your own words against you and that was just a few days ago......similar to post #170 here. Where you were telling Mac1958 how he was being what? 'High &mighty and self important'??? Or something to that same effect.

Anytime you want to have an HONEST DISCUSSION.......without the petty chit.....and I do mean a RESPECTFUL discussion or debate, you just let me
know. :2up:
He's as high & mighty as it gets here, constantly belittling people, and that's saying something. He's just desperate to change the subject.

And note the "carve some notches" thing. That's another element of this: They so often declare "victory". That's why I'm convinced much of this is a matter of self esteem, a temporary boost based on so little. Attack and mock and insult, and then they feel a little better about themselves for a while.

This isn't about politics. Politics is just the vehicle.

He constantly describes liberals to a tee and says that's what conservatives are. Seems like a very politically confused person if you ask me.

Yet he's not the only one doing that.....seems to be the Liberals way. They have taken everything Conservatives have said about them during the campaign & election......and now throwing it back as if they thought of it first......because they don't have anything else.
They've even realized that their precious MSM outlets for 'credible' news has failed, so they don't bother linking to source to back up any claims. I have twice in the last week or two threw NYT & CNN (actual events) to 2 different people (King Shit from Turd Island here was one) and both screamed 'fake news-it never happened'.
They know they've lost, they know they're screwed.....yet keep arguing to make themselves feel better. Kinda like 'not going down without a fight' as they're caught in the whirlpool going round & round.
"Progressives", not liberals. These people are NOT liberal, no matter what they claim. They're what REAL liberals used to fight AGAINST.

ok.......Progressives, Liberals, Blue, Jackass, Democrats, or whatever else.......to me is all about the same & only splitting hairs to the differences. :rolleyes:
Well, that's the problem. We're becoming so binary in our politics that detail and nuance are being ignored.

joe.....learn how our elections work.....your problem like so many others is....you cant believe the "most qualified" person ever spent a billion dollars, and lost to trump....get over it....

She didn't lose, she got 3 million more votes. The system is broken. If you are going to create this body that can overrule the will of the people, it should be to prevent exactly this sort of thing from happening.

Hey, we are little over 100 days in, and Impeachment is already on the table, as a lot of folks knew it would be.

Well, that's the problem. We're becoming so binary in our politics that detail and nuance are being ignored.

sometimes, the problems really are binary.

Trump is a Nazi. Most people voted against him.

There might be a Nuance between the "Pepe" Deplorables who voted for him because they want to deport all the Mexicans and the opportunists like Ryan von Papen who just see an opportunity to gut Medicaid, but it's a distinction without a difference.

I especially love when they say it's Republicans that divide people. You just have to laugh out loud.

The Democrat party survives by two groups of people: government dependents and victims. Democrats love victims and victims love Democrats. To try and expand their base, they need to create more victims, and the only possible way to do that is division.

So all the so-called victims are told they are by the Democrat party. Victims of Big Pharma, victims of Big Business, victims of race, victims of gender, victims of Big Oil, victims of discrimination, victims, victims, victims.

again, the only guy who acts like a victim is you, Ray.

"I hate my neighbors!"

"So move!"

"I can't. I'll lose money I spent 30 years ago! And I can't get health insurance.'

"So quit that job and get one that does offer health insurance."

"I can't!!!"

It's not my fault unless you can explain why it is. I didn't cause the crime here. I didn't cause the closing of businesses here. I didn't bring the HUD people here. I didn't put all the trash on the streets here. I don't make noise day and night causing people to move. Who did all that here and more? The Democrats of course. They destroy anything good that working people have.

Guy, the HUD People aren't the reason why your neighborhood is shit. Your neighborhood is shit because the one percenters polluted your city to the point where the rivers caught on fire, and then they threw it to the side when they went to build their new factories someplace else.

The HUD people and you were the only ones who didn't have the resources to get the fuck out.

The problem is, you think you are so much better than the "HUD people" when you really aren't. you are just confused poor.

Forum List

Back