Poll: 22% of Latinos have favorable view of GOP

Knock it off, Ollie, as if you have any idea. The great majority of illegals work for minimum wage, work hard, and do the dirty jobs. I sure don't see hardly any blacks or whites in the chicken plants of Tyson or Pilgrim. You need to stop with the hasty generalization. It's incorrect, and it's not worthy. Talk straight.

FIRST, 25% of illegals are Asians and Indians (from India)!
Second, 25% of the Latino Illegals work in the construction industry! That is not lower paying and YES many many Americans want those jobs.
Third, many many many illegals DON'T work and COLLECT welfare and Section 8 (ironically things they have in common with the far left :lol:)
Fourth, a VERY large percentage work in the food industry, not as dish washers, but as higher paying chefs! I bet the culinary graduates would disagree with you on not wanting these jobs!

Lastly, if you leftards didn't give away welfare, food stamps and section 8 to every person with a pulse, then some of those jobs in the argicultural fields would be desirous to everyday Americans and the wages just might go up!

Last edited:

Political Junky, of all the naturalized citizens and legal immigrants, not all are Mexican. Many US subcultures, such as Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Columbians etc. have nothing but anger for illegal aliens from Mexico and are none too fond of the legal ones.

Latinos are not now and never have been a single, monolithic voting group. The more the Left panders to the Mexican-American, the more likely it is they will create hostility in other Latin US subcultures...and 99% of Cuban-Americans will never leave the GOP no matter what, as long as Fidel Castro is in power.

Knock it off, Ollie, as if you have any idea. The great majority of illegals work for minimum wage, work hard, and do the dirty jobs. I sure don't see hardly any blacks or whites in the chicken plants of Tyson or Pilgrim. You need to stop with the hasty generalization. It's incorrect, and it's not worthy. Talk straight.

STFU I made a comment about one person that is not a generalization dumb ass. Now take a deep breath and re-insert your head.

JakeStarkey it is a LIE that there are minimum wage jobs Americans will not do.

The influx of illegal aliens has created a labor force that does not demand minimum wages or workplace safety, that is true. But this country has NO need of any slave-underclass of people. Our own poor go begging for work, but are more difficult for Big Business, especially Big Agriculture to exploit with impunity.

SFC Ollie is 100% correct...and before you flame another anti-illegal on this board, I'd suggest you educate yourself a bit more.

Enforcing Corporate Responsibility for Violations of Workplace Immigration Laws: The Case of Meatpacking

Illegal Immigration Undermines U.S. environmental, labor, health and safety protections | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Illegal Immigration and the Colonization of the American Labor Market | Center for Immigration Studies

The influx of illegal aliens has created a labor force that does not demand minimum wages or workplace safety, that is true. But this country has NO need of any slave-underclass of people. Our own poor go begging for work, but are more difficult for Big Business, especially Big Agriculture to exploit with impunity.

SFC Ollie is 100% correct...and before you flame another anti-illegal on this board, I'd suggest you educate yourself a bit more.

Enforcing Corporate Responsibility for Violations of Workplace Immigration Laws: The Case of Meatpacking

Illegal Immigration Undermines U.S. environmental, labor, health and safety protections | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Illegal Immigration and the Colonization of the American Labor Market | Center for Immigration Studies

I will not call you a deliberate liar, Mad, but are certainly wrong. Most Americans will not take such jobs. In part, I think because those jobs are now stigmatized as beneath native-born Americans. None of that will change, though, because Dems want the illegals here to eventually become Dem voters, and the GOP wants the illegals here to work for big business.

ghook, Ollie, and you need to educate yourselves on this issue, because your collective ignorance shineth forth.

I guess when you play up the "they hate you and we love you" bullcrap then that is bound to happen.

I will not call you a deliberate liar, Mad, but are certainly wrong. Most Americans will not take such jobs. In part, I think because those jobs are now stigmatized as beneath native-born Americans. None of that will change, though, because Dems want the illegals here to eventually become Dem voters, and the GOP wants the illegals here to work for big business.

ghook, Ollie, and you need to educate yourselves on this issue, because your collective ignorance shineth forth.

Once again you prove to all what a blooming idiot you are, Jake. You haven't a clue

Mind showing everyone what makes you think they are conservative? There are a lot of religious liberals, Dogbert. Maybe a poll, or are you just giving your opinion? Outside of the Cubans, Hispanics seem to be pretty liberal.

:cuckoo: Actually, it's called knowing what I'm talking about. What a concept, I know!

The Hispanic Vote Elects Bush

Since Bush beat Kerry by only 3.1 percent, how important was the Hispanic vote? Vital and crucial. There are two reasons for Bush’s success among Hispanics. The most important seems to be his emphasis on social values issues, particularly his opposition to gay marriage.

Hispanics are, of course, Catholic and deeply committed to traditional values.

I handled the campaign for Vicente Fox in Mexico, where his deeply religious Catholicism won him many votes in a political system traditionally committed to a secular anti-clericalism.

But Bush worked very hard to win the Hispanic votes. He reversed traditional Republican positions opposing the interests of Latinos. He endorsed bilingual education, reversing decades of Republican agitation for English-only policies.

Mind showing everyone what makes you think they are conservative? There are a lot of religious liberals, Dogbert. Maybe a poll, or are you just giving your opinion? Outside of the Cubans, Hispanics seem to be pretty liberal.

:cuckoo: Actually, it's called knowing what I'm talking about. What a concept, I know!

The Hispanic Vote Elects Bush

Since Bush beat Kerry by only 3.1 percent, how important was the Hispanic vote? Vital and crucial. There are two reasons for Bush’s success among Hispanics. The most important seems to be his emphasis on social values issues, particularly his opposition to gay marriage.

Hispanics are, of course, Catholic and deeply committed to traditional values.

I handled the campaign for Vicente Fox in Mexico, where his deeply religious Catholicism won him many votes in a political system traditionally committed to a secular anti-clericalism.

But Bush worked very hard to win the Hispanic votes. He reversed traditional Republican positions opposing the interests of Latinos. He endorsed bilingual education, reversing decades of Republican agitation for English-only policies.

Dogbert....here we go again with your wording. You WERE saying that the Hispanics tend to be very conservative. Obviously your wrong, they tend to be more liberal, as in your link and the two I cited. You always keep moving the bars and you are being disengenuous with our discussion, and I wish you would stop. try and stay on topic with our discussion.

The Annenberg survey, which is run through the University of Pennsylvania, says its best estimate is that 41 percent of the Hispanic vote went for Bush over Democratic nominee John F. Kerry. It got the figure by analyzing its polls taken in the eight weeks before Election Day and two weeks after. (Only the later polls, obviously, could ask how someone actually voted. The earlier ones measured voter intentions.)
Bush's Hispanic Vote Dissected (washingtonpost.com)

In 2000, the Voter News Service (VNS), predecessor to the NEP, reported a Gore victory among Latinos of 62-to-35 percent, or 27 votes per 100. In 2004, the NEP 20-state set, as balanced above, finds Kerry winning 59.67 percent of Hispanic votes, compared to 38.07 percent for Bush — a 21.6-vote advantage per 100.
Richard Nadler on Hispanic Vote & Election 2004 on National Review Online

Last edited:
Dogbert....here we go again with your wording. You WERE saying that the Hispanics tend to be very conservative. Obviously your wrong, they tend to be more liberal, as in your link and the two I cited. You always keep moving the bars and you are being disengenuous with our discussion, and I wish you would stop. try and stay on topic with our discussion.

The Annenberg survey, which is run through the University of Pennsylvania, says its best estimate is that 41 percent of the Hispanic vote went for Bush over Democratic nominee John F. Kerry. It got the figure by analyzing its polls taken in the eight weeks before Election Day and two weeks after. (Only the later polls, obviously, could ask how someone actually voted. The earlier ones measured voter intentions.)

In 2000, the Voter News Service (VNS), predecessor to the NEP, reported a Gore victory among Latinos of 62-to-35 percent, or 27 votes per 100. In 2004, the NEP 20-state set, as balanced above, finds Kerry winning 59.67 percent of Hispanic votes, compared to 38.07 percent for Bush — a 21.6-vote advantage per 100.

Actually, what your problem is you seem to equate Democrat with Liberal and Conservative with Republican. Not all Democrats are Liberal, and not all Republicans are Conservative. It's also a fact that between Gore and Kerry, Republicans gained ground.

You don't want to admit that Hispanics tend to be Conservative, because that throws out your original argument in this thread.

Prop. 8 and the Hispanic Vote - HispanicBusiness.com

Of course, like every other demographic, not all Hispanics voted alike. The following is a look at how Hispanics and the total electorate voted on Prop. 8, based on an exit poll done by Edison Media Research.

As a whole:
53 percent of Hispanics voted yes; 52% of the electorate voted yes.

59% of Hispanics age 18-29 voted no; 61% of 18-29-year-olds voted no.
60% of Hispanics age 30-44 voted yes; 55% of 30-44-year-olds voted yes.
57% of Hispanics age 45-64 voted yes; 54% of 45-64-year-olds voted yes.
There was not enough data to compare Hispanics 65 and over to all voters 65 and over.

And now, for the nail in the coffin to show you just how wrong you are:

By religion (not specific to Hispanics):
64% of Catholics voted yes
65% of Protestants voted yes
90% of non-religious voted no.
84% weekly churchgoers voted yes
54% of occasional churchgoers voted no
83% of people who've never been to church voted no

I agree with Jake. I live in a seasonal community where we have over 15 percent unemployment. Summer businesses are forced to hire foreign students and illegals because too few people living here want the jobs. And that's not just working in the hot sun picking tomatoes. No one would do that for minimum wage ex.migrant workers,

In my old home town hundreds of day laborers would gather at the train station. Contractors would pull up and say "Who speaks English?" That guy would be the crew leader at 15 bucks cash and would choose a crew of non-English speakers at 10 bucks an hour. Americans speak English. But standing at the railroad station is beneath them.

I am not pro-amnesty. I would like to see more guest worker Visas. But it is naïve to think that people on welfare and never ending unemployment would ever consider washing dishes or working the fields. Watching Maury is far more comfortable.

I agree with Jake. I live in a seasonal community where we have over 15 percent unemployment. Summer businesses are forced to hire foreign students and illegals because too few people living here want the jobs. And that's not just working in the hot sun picking tomatoes. No one would do that for minimum wage ex.migrant workers,

In my old home town hundreds of day laborers would gather at the train station. Contractors would pull up and say "Who speaks English?" That guy would be the crew leader at 15 bucks cash and would choose a crew of non-English speakers at 10 bucks an hour. Americans speak English. But standing at the railroad station is beneath them.

I am not pro-amnesty. I would like to see more guest worker Visas. But it is naïve to think that people on welfare and never ending unemployment would ever consider washing dishes or working the fields. Watching Maury is far more comfortable.

This is my point. Illegal Immigrants for the most part took jobs that American workers would never take. Is it their fault that they're willing to take so much smaller wages because it's worth so much more in their country? No.

I place the blame on the business owners of these companies who pay these workers under the table. Like I said previously, you want to stop Illegal Immigration? Hurt people who control the wallet.

Actually, what your problem is you seem to equate Democrat with Liberal and Conservative with Republican. Not all Democrats are Liberal, and not all Republicans are Conservative. It's also a fact that between Gore and Kerry, Republicans gained ground.

You don't want to admit that Hispanics tend to be Conservative, because that throws out your original argument in this thread.

Your problem is that you can't admit when your wrong, Dogbert. You have shown nothing to back up your claim...other than your opinion. But, carry on and keep spinning, you need to the practice, because you don't do well at it.

Your problem is that you can't admit when your wrong, Dogbert. You have shown nothing to back up your claim...other than your opinion. But, carry on and keep spinning, you need to the practice, because you don't do well at it.

Yeah, because those numbers I posted about Prop 8 are certainly wrong. :cuckoo:

This coming from the woman who thinks Sarah Palin is smarter than herself and me.

Prop. 8 and the Hispanic Vote - HispanicBusiness.com

Of course, like every other demographic, not all Hispanics voted alike. The following is a look at how Hispanics and the total electorate voted on Prop. 8, based on an exit poll done by Edison Media Research.

As a whole:
53 percent of Hispanics voted yes; 52% of the electorate voted yes.

59% of Hispanics age 18-29 voted no; 61% of 18-29-year-olds voted no.
60% of Hispanics age 30-44 voted yes; 55% of 30-44-year-olds voted yes.
57% of Hispanics age 45-64 voted yes; 54% of 45-64-year-olds voted yes.
There was not enough data to compare Hispanics 65 and over to all voters 65 and over.

And now, for the nail in the coffin to show you just how wrong you are:

By religion (not specific to Hispanics):
64% of Catholics voted yes
65% of Protestants voted yes
90% of non-religious voted no.
84% weekly churchgoers voted yes
54% of occasional churchgoers voted no
83% of people who've never been to church voted no

Prop 8? WTF? That proves nothing with being very conservative, and liberal with politics. Sheesh :cuckoo:

Prop 8? WTF? That proves nothing with being very conservative, and liberal with politics. Sheesh :cuckoo:

Do you know what Prop 8 is? It most certainly shows whether one is Conservative or Liberal.

New Survey Shows Hispanic Americans Want Abortion Illegal, Confirms Other Polls

A new survey conducted by a popular Latino social networking web site finds a plurality of Hispanic Americans believe abortions should be illegal. The informal poll confirms others which show a majority of Hispanics do not support abortion, would back limits and want most abortions made illegal.

Asked whether they think abortion should be illegal, 47% of the members of the SusOpinions web site said yes, 38 percent disagreed and 15 percent had no opinion.

The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute polled Hispanic immigrants in the Washington metropolitan area in September 2007. The study consisted of 279 one-on-one interviews among immigrants of Hispanic descent.

In total, 83 percent of the Hispanics in the survey oppose abortion CHLI said and, even among liberals, 60% oppose abortion.

More specifically, 52 percent said they strongly opposed abortion and 28 percent said they were somewhat opposed to abortion. Only 15 percent said they support legal abortions.

Conducted by Miami-based Encuesta Inc., an independent market research and opinion polling firm, a November 2006 poll asked both Hispanic and non-Hispanic voters to consider which political issues were important in deciding their vote.

Some 64 percent of Hispanics said abortion was very important while 40 percent of non-Hispanic voters said abortion was important, a difference of 24 percent.

Harris Poll Shows Strong Shift to Pro-Life Position on Abortion, Roe v. Wade

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A new national Harris poll finds a strong shift towards the pro-life position on abortion and reveals the shift is seen among members of both political parties. The poll also finds a majority of African-Americans and Hispanics oppose the Roe v. Wade decision that allowed virtually unlimited abortions.

While white Americans favored Roe, blacks opposed it by a 58-35 percent margin and Hispanics opposed it on a 58-40 percent margin.

Now let's see, Anti Gay Marriage and Pro-Life. Why? Their strong religious roots. Both Conservative positions.

Forum List

Back