Poll: 22% of Latinos have favorable view of GOP

Because illegal immigration from Mexico has been out of control for decades, the political party that caters to illegal immigrants the most will have an advantage on election day.
Illegal immigrants are not going to decide the election. The legal immigrants may.

I just hafta know...Is your fisrt name "Flip"?

Oh fer chrissake. NJ didn't happen. MA didn't happen. VA didn't happen. We'll just have to wait a few months to see how many seats the dems lose. Did anyone see Carville's rant against the admin's handling of the oil spill? The next few elections will be 2008 in reverse, GOP wins, dems lose. The election will be about fiscal discipline, not "lets be more liberal like the EU"

Dead wrong. Elections are about how people feel, and the great number of Hispanics distrust the right.

Nobody is saying there won't be GOP victories: VA, MASS (and the guy backs the Dems on important bills at times), but the NY 23rd (never had a dem before), Rand overthrowing Mitch's candidate in KY, etc. GOP should win in their safe districts.

The point is this: those safe districts are narrowing geographically and more purple districts are emerging. The GOP is going to go smash if it does not engage the 21st century and its issues.

Oh fer chrissake. NJ didn't happen. MA didn't happen. VA didn't happen. We'll just have to wait a few months to see how many seats the dems lose. Did anyone see Carville's rant against the admin's handling of the oil spill? The next few elections will be 2008 in reverse, GOP wins, dems lose. The election will be about fiscal discipline, not "lets be more liberal like the EU"

Prediction. Another Novemember prediction. I will try to round all these up for Novemember and make you all eat crow. We will lose a few seats, but you guys will not take the house.

Oh and NOW you like Carville? :lol:

Dead wrong. Elections are about how people feel, and the great number of Hispanics distrust the right.

Nobody is saying there won't be GOP victories: VA, MASS (and the guy backs the Dems on important bills at times), but the NY 23rd (never had a dem before), Rand overthrowing Mitch's candidate in KY, etc. GOP should win in their safe districts.

The point is this: those safe districts are narrowing geographically and more purple districts are emerging. The GOP is going to go smash if it does not engage the 21st century and its issues.

They totally lost the hispanic vote...totally. The republicans cannot win with the white male vote only. Period.

Gays, blacks, female, white etc etc represent dems.
white male represent republicans.

Good luck righty's.

If the election is about fiscal discipline, what are the Republicans going to run on? Their record in that department?

Right now, the Republicans are only running on the resentment of Conservatives out of power, and the bigotry of a lot of people. None of them have a clear message as to how to approach the problems this nation faces. "Just Say No" is not a very good campaign statement.

Bush courted the latino vote in 2004, lost if after that, and the dems won handily. That is going to be a continuing trend: an increasingly older, whiter GOP and a younger, more numerous, darker Democratic Party. Either the GOP faces reality, or it will continue to lose.

Republicans don't "face" reality, they "create" it.

The jobs the illegals have are picking fruits and veggies. The jobs the Republicans want have been MOVED overseas.

They know there is a problem, but putting two and two together is way beyond their skills at "number counting".

And I watched CNN interview an illegal, at the Restaurant where he was the manager. Not a bad job I would say. I guess no Republican would want that job. Fucking loon.

Knock it off, Ollie, as if you have any idea. The great majority of illegals work for minimum wage, work hard, and do the dirty jobs. I sure don't see hardly any blacks or whites in the chicken plants of Tyson or Pilgrim. You need to stop with the hasty generalization. It's incorrect, and it's not worthy. Talk straight.

The Latino numbers aren't enough to influence an election at the national level yet. They need to get the 20 million illegals to vote.....which is the real reason why the liberals want amnesty, then they are going to have major impact.

Actually, Latinos tend to be very Conservative. Especially due to their religious upbringing, which they take very seriously. However, when one side of the aisle allows people to act in such a manner that they feel threatened (whether legal or not), then they only have the other side of the aisle to turn to.

And I watched CNN interview an illegal, at the Restaurant where he was the manager. Not a bad job I would say. I guess no Republican would want that job. Fucking loon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW20EMJr6o4]YouTube - Stanhope on immigration[/ame]

The Latino numbers aren't enough to influence an election at the national level yet. They need to get the 20 million illegals to vote.....which is the real reason why the liberals want amnesty, then they are going to have major impact.

Actually, Latinos tend to be very Conservative. Especially due to their religious upbringing, which they take very seriously. However, when one side of the aisle allows people to act in such a manner that they feel threatened (whether legal or not), then they only have the other side of the aisle to turn to.

Mind showing everyone what makes you think they are conservative? There are a lot of religious liberals, Dogbert. Maybe a poll, or are you just giving your opinion? Outside of the Cubans, Hispanics seem to be pretty liberal.

Zona.....what a stupid ass post. :cuckoo:

Really? Ever seen the audiences at an RNC convention.....the put that against the audience of a DNC convention and say it was a dumb post again.

Come back here and apologize immediately. :doubt:

I don't need to apologize to a racist bastard such as yourself. It was a stupid ass post....what would one expect different coming from you?

Forum List

Back